It Might be Mowing the Lawn

2»

Comments

• FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My argument to that would be what the hell is she doing acting like a fool on RTV??

Making some Xmas money and raising her profile with the hope of attracting attention and moving on with her television career. I think people would like to work with a nice young woman with nothing murky in her past.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Stacey as well as anybody here does, i.e. not at all but we all see what we want to see when someone is on our TV screens and I choose to see a rather sweet young lady who gets on with things, is enjoying herself there, that people from all walks of life and backgrounds get on with even after spending 24/7 with her.

It is easy to be cynical and say she is doing it all so she will win - and being nice, down to earth and not back stabbing is usually the traits that will lead to winning this show. It is easy to criticise her and say she is not genuine but if she is able to put on an act and fool the viewers and the camp mates for three weeks then she is a very talented actress.

Whatever she is, many see her as a breath of fresh air compared to some of the 'celebrities' and wannabes we get endlessly on our screens so where's the harm in that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    I know Stacey as well as anybody here does, i.e. not at all but we all see what we want to see when someone is on our TV screens and I choose to see a rather sweet young lady who gets on with things, is enjoying herself there, that people from all walks of life and backgrounds get on with even after spending 24/7 with her.

It is easy to be cynical and say she is doing it all so she will win - and being nice, down to earth and not back stabbing is usually the traits that will lead to winning this show. It is easy to criticise her and say she is not genuine but if she is able to put on an act and fool the viewers and the camp mates for three weeks then she is a very talented actress.

Whatever she is, many see her as a breath of fresh air compared to some of the 'celebrities' and wannabes we get endlessly on our screens so where's the harm in that?

After living and working with Stacey Solomon for three months on 2009's XFactor, then going on the XFactor tour which lasted for at least a month or more, no one has ever had a bad word to say about her.
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    After living and working with Stacey Solomon for three months on 2009's XFactor, then going on the XFactor tour which lasted for at least a month or more, no one has ever had a bad word to say about her.

And all the celebs who came out loved her too
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I like most about her is how much she's enjoying the whole experience. She's not interested in back-stabbing or causing friction, just getting stuck in having a laugh. That everyone likes her despite/because of her ditziness says it all.

I agree with what Linford said about her, that she sees the good in people, and doesn't waste time and energy on negative things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    What I like most about her is how much she's enjoying the whole experience. She's not interested in back-stabbing or causing friction, just getting stuck in having a laugh. That everyone likes her despite/because of her ditziness says it all.

I agree with what Linford said about her, that she sees the good in people, and doesn't waste time and energy on negative things.

And that's not seen as believable to some people I guess.
  • SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    No it hasn't .. she meant it alright .. way out of her depth to think of anything else

How do you know she meant it? You don't know her personally, so you don't really know what she meant.

Stop projecting what you are onto someone else. Go see a therapist and they'll explain to you how it works.

You're welcome :)
    Forum Member
    My argument to that would be what the hell is she doing acting like a fool on RTV??

She's not the one coming across as the fool as much as you are :)
  • super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not working on it this year then?
  • squillionsquillion Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the third time you've more or less posted the same thing, and no-one knows for sure what she was thinking.

In any case, she actually could have been right. It was certainly possible that they could have rigged some sort of crazy lawn mowing stunt with grotesque obstacles in the way.

I agree - they have all sorts of trials...mowing the lawn with a twist is no different to a digger trial or an ostrich farming trial or a potato peeling trial...not a stupid comment at all.
  • Truth_HurtsTruth_Hurts Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching her doing that pie task I checked myself and there was zero emotion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching her doing that pie task I checked myself and there was zero emotion.

Why do we care about your mental health?
  • Truth_HurtsTruth_Hurts Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    Why do we care about your mental health?

It reassured me I was in good nick.. only a child would be entertained by that
  • super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reassured me I was in good nick.. only a child would be entertained by that

She is very childlike
    Forum Member

Well perhaps you should go and see a doctor if you arn't showing any emotion. ;)
    Forum Member
    She is very childlike

Pot, kettle, black
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    She might be the sharpest tool in the box, but she has a sense of humour! She was obviously joking, she knows what a bushtucker trial is, she's been on the receiving end!

Exactly, certainly a better sense of humour than "the professional comedian" of the group.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not working on what?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you misread the post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you misread the post.

I'm not reading your mind. I haven't a clue what you're alluding to in the post I responded to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not reading your mind. I haven't a clue what you're alluding to in the post I responded to.

I think super bantams thought you were saying YOU had worked on X Factor and then gone on the tour rather than saying all the people who had worked with her on X Factor and the tour didn't have a bad word to say about her. They appeared to be asking why you weren't working on this series.

I may be totally wrong though.
  • jonnyjackovjonnyjackov Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it hasn't .. she meant it alright .. way out of her depth to think of anything else

I have to disagree, it was very obviously a joke in my opinion. Do you really believe that after 20 or so days of trials, Stacey really believed it would be cutting grass!

A lot of people claiming she is thick etc, but in my opinion she has shown herself to be the complete opposite. Also, why do people always think that if someone is 'nice', then they must be fake. All of the ex-jungle mates have commented on how nice she is, and most have wanted her to win. They are the people with her 24 hours a day, they should know.

She really has gone up in my estimations since the show started.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think super bantams thought you were saying YOU had worked on X Factor and then gone on the tour rather than saying all the people who had worked with her on X Factor and the tour didn't have a bad word to say about her. They appeared to be asking why you weren't working on this series.

I may be totally wrong though.

Oh I see. Thanks for the explanation. No, I've never worked on anything to do with the X Factor. My meaning was, which I think you, yourself may have understood, was the public haven't ever heard a whisper of anything negative to do with working with Stacey Solomon. I believe the tabloids would have been on negative comments like white on rice. White rice, of course.

But the point had been missed and it's too long ago to trudge back now, isn't it.

I'll just add: Stacey Solomon for Queen of the Jungle — even though I contend there aren't any jungles in Australia, only rainforests. Now is the time to place an insipid wink-smilie, isn't it? I just can't bring myself to do so.