Options

Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Okey Dokey... thankyou :D
    I know that there's meant to be a McQueen wedding in 2011, but I've also heard a rumour somewhere (can't remember where though :( ) that one of the McQueen's dad's is coming onto the show... so I'm thinking the wedding could be Myra's?
    Has anyone else heard this rumour... or is it just me? Lol
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I know that there's meant to be a McQueen wedding in 2011, but I've also heard a rumour somewhere (can't remember where though :( ) that one of the McQueen's dad's is coming onto the show... so I'm thinking the wedding could be Myra's?

I hadn't heard that, but
    I'd love Myra to have some fun. She hasn't had a boyf for ages! And the woman has needs ...
    :D
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member

I would absolutely love this!
    Really it would need to be Jacqui and Mercedes' dad, because we've seen Carmel/JP/Michaela's dad before and there wouldn't be much point in Tina's dad returning.

It would offer Mercy an alternative to another yawnsome triangle.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    I like the way PM s using older characters now, nobody can complain about HO being like Grange Hill now. The older 'parent' characters are very much the centre of some stories, if not the centre, very involved, and key characters in the show now like Kathleen and most of all Silas, are older characters. I mean Silas is the main character in Hollyoaks now basically, he's the key character. And he's a brand new old character thats been introduced as a key character. Thats never happened.

Definitely, the balance of characters is fantastic now.

The previous awful group of teen characters and the amount of poor storylines they got was the biggest problem in the Lucy era.
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    Definitely, the balance of characters is fantastic now.

The previous awful group of teen characters and the amount of poor storylines they got was the biggest problem in the Lucy era.

Yes this teen group are much better, even the teens left over from that group seem far better. We are getting GID, self harming, blackmail ect ect. Not lawnmower races and school break ins.

I do hope we see more of Sinead, she's very strong imo and seems to not have been onscreen much, I hope this story with Rob brings her to the fore a bit.

It will interesting to see what Ruby is like as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a dad is coming into it, I'd have said it was barts because as of yesterday I know he's not dead :D but I think maybe it'd be Mercy/Jacqui's for Mercy/Riley wedding?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's most likely to be Mercedes and Jacqui's dad. PM was asked about him in a DS interview once. I'd like to see their dad, mainly because I love Jennifer and Claire having scenes together, which they don't really have much these days. :D
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    He must have been aged up instantly then.. must have realised when they started filming how stupid he looked as a 17 year old boy!
    Well he played 16/17 when he was in it years ago as Nathan with Cameron/Zara etc.
    Good pair of eps tonight, seems the show is starting to recover from the editing mess.
    Although I wonder if the NYE stuff was a fairly late inclusion as a result of the Sharpe's being dumped - either the:
    siege or the McQueen scenes

Also the first time in ages all the Costellos featured in the same episode, though I think never in the same room!
    andy614 wrote: »
    I like the way PM s using older characters now, nobody can complain about HO being like Grange Hill now. The older 'parent' characters are very much the centre of some stories, if not the centre, very involved, and key characters in the show now like Kathleen and most of all Silas, are older characters. I mean Silas is the main character in Hollyoaks now basically, he's the key character. And he's a brand new old character thats been introduced as a key character. Thats never happened.
    He's got it right now. Early on he made the mistake of bringing in characters like Gabby (and to an extent Jacqui Dixon!) with a storyline of their own - but that's just not Hollyoaks.

Every older character at the centre of the show at the moment is in a storyline somehow linked to a younger character, and that is when they work best in Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brekkie wrote: »

Although I wonder if the NYE stuff was a fairly late inclusion as a result of the Sharpe's being dumped - either the:
    siege or the McQueen scenes

Probably both, I'd say. But definitely
    the siege
    Everything with Warren in it at the moment was basically shot very recently.
    At least they're making Jamie work up a sweat now. I was getting a bit sick of the sinister loitering and mugging.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still feel Warren isnt needed in HO, he just doesnt work anymore

I feel for Heidi, her dad is a serial killer, her mum most probably was murdereed by her dad, her husband is careless and unfaithful and selfish, and one daughter who wants to be a boy which is a shocker to her
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't heard that, but
    I'd love Myra to have some fun. She hasn't had a boyf for ages! And the woman has needs ...
    :D
    They should bring Leo back for her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They should bring Leo back for her

They could've had something. But I think that ship has sailed ...
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1.14m last night on C4 excluding viewers on C4+1. Along with the 710,000 on E4, plus with C4+1 viewers added in, that's got to be the best figure for a while, and glad it wasn't the case that people watched the First Look E4 and then the next C4 episode was down as a result.

As for Myra:
    Working with what they've got, now Tony is at a loose end that could be interesting - though perhaps he should bed Carmel first before completing the set with the mother. It would be better than this Mandy plot anyway.
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't this happened in the Dog before? When Newt wet himself?
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    I don't get Seth he encouraged Jas to come and now suddenly he's all like "What did you do that for?":confused:

I hope Ruby has arrived just to be a victim for Silas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people actualy humouring Jasmine by calling her Jason? I highly doubt she's had her name legally changed already, so they should still be calling her Jasmine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why are people actualy humouring Jasmine by calling her Jason? I highly doubt she's had her name legally changed already, so they should still be calling her Jasmine

So everyone you know call themselves by the name on their passport?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    So everyone you know call themselves by the name on their passport?:rolleyes:

Well a nickname's ok, but if you want a whole different name, surely it makes sense to legally change it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well a nickname's ok, but if you want a whole different name, surely it makes sense to legally change it?

Well that will probably happen later. Under 16's need parental permission to change their names anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Um ... because that's what she wants to be called?

I had a friend change their name once. It did my head in at first, but if they want to change their name, that's up to them. You don't have to do anything legal.
  • Options
    Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know it makes me laugh, people call them names like they're actually friends with them.

Her name is Jasmine, not Jason. That was her birth name, until legally changed it's still Jasmine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Raven123 wrote: »
    I know it makes me laugh, people call them names like they're actually friends with them.

Her name is Jasmine, not Jason. That was her birth name, until legally changed it's still Jasmine.
    You amaze me with how closed minded you are you really do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I can't believe people are actually saying people should call her Jasmine... it's her choice what to be called, and if she wants to be a guy, obviously people should respect that, and call her Jason... even if it's wierd for her family, they could at least make an effort by sticking to 'Jas', because obviously she hates Jasmine...
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raven123 wrote: »

Who cares about legalities? If my friend wanted me to seriously call him or her by a different name, that's what I'd do. What utterly stupid logic you go by.
  • Options
    Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    You amaze me with how closed minded you are you really do.

I'm really not, as you don't even know me it's a bit-shorted sited of you to even say that.

Just because a soap opera doesn't rule my life like some people and don't find the need to act like I'm actually there.

People saying things like "she likes to be called that" it's a bit sad really, her character name is Jasmine, how is that hard to understand, just because she likes to be called something different, doesn't make it true.

People have gone from calling her Jasmine to Jasmine/ Jason to just Jason now.
This discussion has been closed.