Options

Pixelation on second channel

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
All,

Hoping you can help me with a problem.

When watching a channel and not recording another channel, I have no problems and no pixelation.

When watching a channel whilst recording another channel, both the channel I am watching and the recorded channel have bad pixelation issues. :confused:

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,
Donster.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    More details needed.

Is this with a single piece of gear eg a Freeview recorder with two tuners or two different bits of kit? In the same room or different rooms? Give info on all the equipment and how it is connected.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Sorry about that...

Yes, it is one bit of kit, a Bush digital TV recorder with Freeview and twin tuners linked to an external aerial.

It is connected to a Sony LED TV via a Scart lead.

Is there any other information I need to post?

Many thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What is the history? Did it work OK at one time but now does not.? If yes can you think of anything that happened or changed when the problem started?

If the box has always done this, how old is it?

Do you really mean pixellation or is it blocking? (Pixels are individual "dots". Blocks are squares of pixels, typically 64 or 256 of them.)

If you record a channel without watching another one what happens?

Does it make any difference if both channels are on the same multiplex? ie is the combination of BBC1 and BBC2 the same as BBC1 and ITV1?
  • Options
    lonewallerlonewaller Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donster wrote: »
    Sorry about that...

Yes, it is one bit of kit, a Bush digital TV recorder with Freeview and twin tuners linked to an external aerial.

It is connected to a Sony LED TV via a Scart lead.

Is there any other information I need to post?

Many thanks.

Somewhere in the Bush Menu should be a screen giving signal strength / quality - quality is the more important.

Does the signal change when only watching as opposed to when watching and recording.

I'm thinking along the lines of the signal is just good enough for one channel but when you watch and record the signal gets weakened just enough to cause problems.

Brian
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lonewaller wrote: »
    I'm thinking along the lines of the signal is just good enough for one channel but when you watch and record the signal gets weakened just enough to cause problems.
    Unlikely. Dual tuner boxes aren't designed in a way that would cause such weakening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm no expert, but this happens to me too!

If I record the stronger signal channels, no problem, but attempt to record TVpick (which is very weak in my area) then the recordings are unwatchable.........not sure why, but it does happen. It is fine if I just watch, but record will not work. Must be a weak signal issue, surely?
  • Options
    nathanynathany Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I experienced something similar, it turned out to be a problem with the capacitors in the PSU. If you are confident open the box and check if the capacitors are bulging, if they they need to be replaced.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a problem common to ALL the recording boxes, so I think I can rule out a problem with them.

nathany wrote: »
    I experienced something similar, it turned out to be a problem with the capacitors in the PSU. If you are confident open the box and check if the capacitors are bulging, if they they need to be replaced.