What were your opinions on Sonia and Martin (EE)

2»

Comments

• IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Identity wrote: »
    How old would he be now anyway?

Martin would be 27 I believe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I never bought into them as a couple. They just weren't suited to each other at all. I didn't like either as individual characters, particularly Martin, I couldn't stand him.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Martin was an okay character. I liked Sonia at first, but the last year I had to find other things to do when she was on because I just couldn't tolerate her any more.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never really brought into them as a couple and I never understood how you could fall in love with someone who killed the person that you loved.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,710
    Forum Member
    Loathed both of them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion is that it was all going well until the Naomi fiasco. They got a decent exit but things obviously didn't work for them though.
  • Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isnt the actress that played sonia now into diets > doing a mag interview for cash about being slim > eating too many pies > doing a mag inverview for cash about being ok as big girl > back to step 1 with abit of big brother & various pannal shows chucked in for good fun.

i never liked sonia for me,martin was OK.the problem with sonia was she was always out-acted by a trumpet!
  • Guido9Guido9 Posts: 3,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think characters like Martin and Sonia was one of the reasons why 2006 was in the EastEnders Hall Of Fame as being one of the worst years of the show ever - that was before 2011 and 2012 happened of course! Two tiresome, argumentative and very poor characters from a really poor time in the show IMO!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isnt the actress that played sonia now into diets > doing a mag interview for cash about being slim > eating too many pies > doing a mag inverview for cash about being ok as big girl > back to step 1 with abit of big brother & various pannal shows chucked in for good fun.

i never liked sonia for me,martin was OK.the problem with sonia was she was always out-acted by a trumpet!

:D:D:D

Natalie Cassidy is doing this now
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    They had her previosuly say she had married problems just so she'd jump in Phil Mitchells bed, it was very bizarre.

as if Phil would go for her
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    as if Phil would go for her

As if sonia would fancy him! :eek:
  • LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way they'd been written was great most of the tie because they kept to their history and built on it.. Apart from the lesbian stuff, how ridiculous
    Great ending but they split up off screen! Then Sonya tries to seduce Phil and fails.. What the heck?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way they'd been written was great most of the tie because they kept to their history and built on it.. Apart from the lesbian stuff, how ridiculous
    Great ending but they split up off screen! Then Sonya tries to seduce Phil and fails.. What the heck?

That sums it up pretty well.

If I never saw Sonia or Martin again, I wouldn't care to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My ex did an insurance quote for James Alexandrou's first car back in 2002 . A Golf .
    He didn't buy it from her :(
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I liked them because James Alexandrou is the most gorgeous actor ever to be in EE.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,689
    Forum Member
    Given how Sonia wept and wailed constantly over Jamie, reminding us at every opportunity how he was the one and only love of her life, not to mention the graveside visits, I could never understand how she could even be on speaking terms with Martin, let alone marry him!
  • MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not an eastenders geek but I really loved Martin and Sonia. As others have said, Jamie and Sonia made zero sense together, but life can be like that can't it? Zoe was beautiful and Jamie was continually tempted by her, but he did love Sonia for who she was, and he was pretty damaged and needed her sensible ways. Martin was a right little sod for years, and again he fell for her as a person. For me it did make sense and I really liked their ups and downs. Pauline became unbearable and the arguing was, but it didn't ring too far from reality. I mean, Pauline was insanely attached to the idea that her family had to be under her roof, and treated Martin like a child. Sonia wanted a grown up life. Of course they argued.

I'd like them back very much!
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,151
    Forum Member
    I liked Martin when he was younger he was a boring drip by the time he left though. Sonia I never liked and the character dressed like my gran, my gran even owned a cardigan that was identical to one Sonia wore all the time.