Have Keys & Gray gone from TalkSport or . . . ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,

Have Keys & Gray left TalkSport does anyone know ?

I liked them as it was informative & different . . .

I see Colin Murray is on at the moment in their slot.

I was expecting Keys & Gray to start back today after their long summer holiday . . . .

Comments

• codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they have gone

(bar a small timeslot friday evening)
  • SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are doing Friday Night Kick-Off plus some Champions League nights.
  • Von TrappVon Trapp Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    They have taken the tax free Doha move to Al Jazeera.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man, that's a bummer . . . .

Colin Murray is on at the mo', Has Colin left the BBC then, no more 'fighting talk' ?

I like him, but the show ain't great . .

His first day tho', can only get better . . . .
  • vvvvvv Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I am delighted to see the back of Keys and Gray and their smarmy uncle style, but Colin Murray??

I don't know anyone who liked him on either MOTD2 or Fighting Talk. He's an annoying gobshite,

I really liked Danny Kelly in the mid-morning slot and hoped he'd stay on.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Haven't listened to Talksport in ages, couldn't stand K&G, but not a fan of CM either!

Is he long term or just a filler?
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Hootie wrote: »
    Man, that's a bummer . . . .

Colin Murray is on at the mo', Has Colin left the BBC then, no more 'fighting talk' ?

I like him, but the show ain't great . .

His first day tho', can only get better . . . .

I thought he got the push from the BBC over some sexist comments on fighting Talk?
  • mike04021949mike04021949 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid CM is Talksport's "new signing" following the Keys and Gray departure.

Personally, I generally liked Keys and Gray because they did have some very good guests on. I've never been a "Fighting Talk" type fan so, when K&G announced they were off to Doha, I hoped that TS would keep the mid morning more serious and avoid the trivial.

Unfortunately, for me, they've dumbed down by taking on Colin Murray.

I did listen on Tuesday to gove him a chance but, five mintues in, then he started singing so that was it.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whats worse, they seem to have gone down the "three presenters" per show route which never works.

lots of the co-presenters are stalwarts from fighting talk, like bob mills etc

Im never quite sure if bob mills is an act or not, is he really like that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I think I read somewhere that their new weekly show on talkSport is broadcast from Doha, It looks like Qatar football is becoming the future.

On a slight off topic question though now Murray has left to BBC who will do the Darts coverage?
  • mj_32510mj_32510 Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I read somewhere that their new weekly show on talkSport is broadcast from Doha, It looks like Qatar football is becoming the future.

On a slight off topic question though now Murray has left to BBC who will do the Darts coverage?

Murray hasn't left the BBC completely, he will still present some coverage for them (obviously not radio).
  • SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mj_32510 wrote: »
    Murray hasn't left the BBC completely, he will still present some coverage for them (obviously not radio).

Colin is still working on projects for BBC 6 Music, as well as BBC TV.

It's only his 5 Live work that he has discontinued for the BBC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    whats worse, they seem to have gone down the "three presenters" per show route which never works.

lots of the co-presenters are stalwarts from fighting talk, like bob mills etc

Im never quite sure if bob mills is an act or not, is he really like that?

Who know with Mills