If Louis left who would replace him

stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
Forum Member
✭✭
Personally I hope he doesnt but if Louis left at the end of the series who would you want on the panel next year.

LA Reid (if they wanted an industry person)
Olly Murs
Robbie William
Gary Barlow
Nicole Scherzinger (if they wanted 3 female judges)
Demi Lovato
Will.i.am (would have to leave the voice)
Dannii minogue

Comments

• mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zippy from Rainbow.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A member of the public who has a far more superior knowledge of music than Louis.

Heck, many of us would love to do that. ;-)
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think Simon would want Louis to go though...
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sinitta.
  • AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's time for him to retire.

Only the Young seem to have so much potential, but their performances are so odd. It just comes across as being a bit embarrassing.

As for the football team of boys, they need to be given way more structure. They just stand in a line taking turns to sing while making the cliched "boy band gestures" (emotional hand movements and tiny kicks of their legs).
    Maybe if they were presented more like a pop choir or took turns as lead singers it might work better. At the moment it just seems like there are too many of them.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Lenny Henry
  • crinolinecrinoline Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    What about a DJ - I guess the BBC Radio 1 presenters are out, but someone from one of the bigger commercial stations. I don't care whether they are famous or not, I'd just like to see someone who knows what they are talking about.

Louis has had his time, I think. I want to throw something at the TV every time he trots out one of his cliches.

I actually just feel a little sorry for him now, he seems to have been left behind somewhat. I actually considered voting for Stereo Kicks this weekend just because I couldn't bear to see Louis' face if he lost another act.
  • NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's part of the furniture, so to speak. They "got rid of him" once for the drama, but I think he'll be there as long as the show is.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Berry Gordy or his son Redfoo
  • flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly Murs or Robbie Williams or both :D Double eye candy
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who is better than him obviously and know how to handle the Groups really well.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    He's part of the furniture, so to speak. They "got rid of him" once for the drama, but I think he'll be there as long as the show is.

People said the same thing about Brucie on Strictly, until he retired.
  • Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some form of recording device. Just get Louis to record his half a dozen cliche's that he rolls out every show and set it to play on random.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    A member of the public who has a far more superior knowledge of music than Louis.

Heck, many of us would love to do that. ;-)

I think a member of the public should get the job
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll never leave, he must know where the bodies are buried.
  • DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly Muirs would be a great choice, bubbly and has a great personality and the public would take to him
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis has to stay, he is the only one who embraces the stupidious, pantomime, joke of a show that it is :D

I pay no attention to what any of the figureheads *cough * cough judges have to say anyway, their involvement is minimal until the cameras roll.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy Pipkin
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    A tub of lard
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A cardboard cut out of Walsh would be more interesting and would manage the groups better than this dinosaur.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Blobby
    Bob The Builder
    Peter Andre

All on par with each other as credible artists
  • GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah keep him I say but if not sloth from goonies can't be worse than Cole or whatever her name is now
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A young Lenny Henry.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A sack of potatoes !
  • MrSkinMrSkin Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Personally I hope he doesnt but if Louis left at the end of the series who would you want on the panel next year.

Hopefully he'd be replaced with someone who every now and then has something fresh and interesting to say.