Men - do you let your partner buy your clothes?

Because you hate shopping?

Comments

• olivierlapinolivierlapin Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I'm a woman. My OH lets me buy his clothes. He likes clothes but hates shopping. I know what he likes and what suits him. For example, he's got on a Soft Grey (brand) jumper from the la Redoute catalogue I bought him and it looks great. I bought him a vintage brown leather jacket from Oxfam (blazer style) and it looks fantasic. Better than the black one he bought himself.
    When it comes to shoes I'll go with him and give my opinion. He doesn't buy my clothes but I value his opinion as he does actually have a good eye when it comes to what goes with what in my wardrobe.
  • UltrasonicUltrasonic Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hancock wrote: »
    Because you hate shopping?

Yes! I absolutely hate shopping for clothes and I'm soooooo glad when my wife chooses stuff for me. She's got very good taste, so it makes my life so much easier!
  • olivierlapinolivierlapin Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    ^^^^^
    Is that my OH? :D
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I buy my own clothes. I am a gay man and love shopping.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like shopping. I like spending money, so I buy my own.
    I used to buy clothes for my ex. She hated shopping and said I had good taste.
    I normally don't like others buying me clothes, but I would let my current girlfriend buy me stuff though. She's the most stylish person I know.
  • Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,574
    Forum Member
    I hate going clothes shopping; particularly for trousers. Why do inside leg measurements have to be all in odd numbers of inches, such as 29" and 31"? My inside leg is 30" so trouser buying is awful. I have to do my own shopping as I don't have a boyfriend at the moment, but my ex did buy me a jumper once - which I didn't like. It came from M&S so was returned.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I let the management pick mine, she does a far better job of it than I do.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't buy clothes for him... but he sometimes buys clothes for me. They're usually very good picks too. He doesn't actually 'go shopping' for clothes though... he gets stuff online.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never. I don't let her cook either for that matter.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My husband won't let me buy his clothes, his taste in men's clothes is far more sedate than mine.
  • GreenDamskGreenDamsk Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hate shopping, but i'm not a massive fan of it. I could spend a few days in Manhattan, Milan or LA shopping quite easily but I wouldn't spend a Saturday afternoon in Manchester because i'd end up wanting to strangle someone. I wouldn't let anyone else shop for me either, well maybe a personal shopper, but not my girl/boyfriend of the time.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I'd really hate to have a man I had to shop for!

I wouldn't mind shopping together :)
  • 80's chick80's chick Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    I would love to buy hubby clothes and was going to do this for christmas as he's difficult to buy for. But he's also difficult to please too. If I see something I like I buy it but 9/10 times he dosent like it. He's a bit of an old man dresser too. He's only 36:o