Options

Does anyone find it odd: GHWT?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone find it odd that unlikne Rock Band, you can't buy the drums seperate? I really wanted World Tour, but having to buy the whole set is putting me off a bit. I'm kinda more leaning towards Rock Band now because of this.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Not really no, the way i see it is its 'guitar hero' not 'drum hero'. Maybe if the game had been out for as long as rock ban has, then i suppose they would consider selling the drums seperate for people who originally stumped up for just the guitar pack, and now fancy gettng the drums to go with it.
    Its whatever floats your boat really, if your just after drumming then get RB but from the looks of it, it will be a lot better drumming experience using the GH drum kit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Jingles wrote: »
    Not really no, the way i see it is its 'guitar hero' not 'drum hero'. Maybe if the game had been out for as long as rock ban has, then i suppose they would consider selling the drums seperate for people who originally stumped up for just the guitar pack, and now fancy gettng the drums to go with it.
    Its whatever floats your boat really, if your just after drumming then get RB but from the looks of it, it will be a lot better drumming experience using the GH drum kit.

No I agree. I'm just saying I would rather get the drums seperate as I have a guitar already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never mind. I caved. Got GH:WT for £145 from Additions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_UQBewC51Y cant wait for my set to arrive :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    yes im looking forward to this as well i have been saving up for it for a while. only thing putting me of is that the drums won't work with rock band i hope they sort that out soon as i was hoping to get the solus for it.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Ugh, I don't know if it's because I've played Rock Band longer, but that just looks like a cluttered mess, real cartoony, overcharted and just in your face. At least Rock Band is stylish and sleak and the bass pedal notes don't blend with the damn board!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Havent played/seen much of RB although i agree it does look a bit messy on screen even compared to GH3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well as a long time player of these games, I much prefer Rock Band, it really is the better game, just a shame the Europe release was messed up. Take a ganders on YouTube, all the "original" features in World Tour, the Weekly DLC, etc, all came from Rock Band, just Rock Band pull it off better and more stylish IMO and the songs are not an over charted mess that only the people on Score Hero can do! Definetly check out Won't Get Fooled Again!

edit:
    Drums: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKF7S38Dgk
    Guitar: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m-vAhu9hrCM
  • Options
    oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never played Rock Band or Guitar Hero and I fancy one of them, which one does everyone recommend?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rock Band of course. I will also remind people of how Activision are running the Guitar Hero brand into the ground, with DJ Hero and Dance Hero coming soon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really prefer GH. I don't like how Rock Band treated the UK, let alone the PS3 release. Also I played the rock band guitar on holiday and thought it was terrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really prefer GH. I don't like how Rock Band treated the UK, let alone the PS3 release. Also I played the rock band guitar on holiday and thought it was terrible.

Why terrible? Also, the whole Europe business is the fault of EA and Microsoft, and I admit it was a bad choice, but luckily I was looking forward to the game before that. Reasons I prefer Rock Band are quite simple, the original Guitar Hero team are behind it, songs are charted properly, the soundtrack is a great mix of modern rock and classic rock and DLC ranges from Metal to, well, even free joke songs, The layout is a lot more cleaner and stylish compared to the bright in your face look of Guitar Hero, and hey, look at it this way, Guitar Hero World Tour has been released before as Rock Band, if Guitar Hero felt the need to near enough steal the entire game concept and features, then Rock Band must be doing something right! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Why terrible?

For some reason, I didn't like the strumming part, felt too unresponsive. And bear in mind I had actually had my heart set on picking up RB before this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For some reason, I didn't like the strumming part, felt too unresponsive. And bear in mind I had actually had my heart set on picking up RB before this.

I side with you on that, that's why I always use the GH2 controller, the GH2 & GH3 controllers are the best, the GH:WT, Rock Band 1 and Rock Band 2 guitars just feel well odd, mainly because Gibson decided to sue the companies forcing them to change the design! :p But play the game with either of those controllers and it feels great, luckily the 360 and PS3 are compatable with these controllers for Rock Band.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll probably pick up the Rock Band game at some point, but as for the bundle, i've ordered World Tour to see how I get on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's a bit of a bummer isn't it, Rock Band the better game but Guitar Hero has better controllers! Which to get then :confused:
  • Options
    wellup4itwellup4it Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Go to be either Rock Hero or Guitar band then :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that's a bit of a bummer isn't it, Rock Band the better game but Guitar Hero has better controllers! Which to get then :confused:

A bit expensive, but can you not get both games and GH controllers?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I've never played Rock Band or Guitar Hero and I fancy one of them, which one does everyone recommend?

Guitar hero of course.
    Rock Band don't like PS3 users in Europe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could get both but I thought you couldn't use Guitar Hero drums with Rock Band. I think I'll just wait and see what Santa brings :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmm watching them vids and the GH:WT is messy visually, not as clean looking as GH3 .........However RB looks complete gash :eek: like playing on an ye olde atari or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mr Jingles wrote: »
    Hmmm watching them vids and the GH:WT is messy visually, not as clean looking as GH3 .........However RB looks complete gash :eek: like playing on an ye olde atari or something.

Seriously? Wow your atari must of been brilliant, How can you say that, maybe you're just used to HELLOINYOURFACE attitude of Guitar Hero, Rock Band is clean, stylish and plays amazing, even the whammy notes are better with their neon glow.

Still, I guess the public will always prefer mainstream junk over actual good games, even though Rock Band is by the people who created Guitar Hero!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd buy Rock Band 2...if it was coming out for the PS3 anytime soon! I'm just an impatient bugger.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i havent player either as well except for like 5 mins at my friends house on guitar hero 3

im gonna go with GHWT just because it seems more established and better quality instruments,

and also just the fact you casn create your own songs and stuff
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im gonna go with GHWT just because it seems more established and better quality instruments,

See, this is what annoys me, it isn't better established, yes it's more famous, but really this is only the second game done by that company, where as Rock Band 2 is the fifth game done by the company. And once again, I'll say this, if Rock Band sucks soo much, how come Activision and Guitar Hero felt the need to steal like everything from it?