Options

5 scripts, 6 episodes - what's the double? (no reveals)

scottishjamesscottishjames Posts: 38
Forum Member
Ok so I admit, I read the scripts. I think they're all great premises for episodes and although I won't share what they are (obviously) - nor encourage other people who have to - I read that the 5 scripts are for 6 episodes. does anyone know (using 1-5) which will be a two-parter? I don't remember the page counts of them, but I think they all would work as well as single episodes so I'm curious.

I'm still as excited as I was before they were leaked, and most of my judgement will be reserved until I see them. The screenplays are good material, and I can't wait until the episodes are released.

Comments

• Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know (using 1-5) which will be a two-parter?

I think
    Robots of Sherwood
    will be the two-parter, although I would like to see the
    second episode which sees the return of the Daleks
    as the two-parter. Don't think it will happen for that one though. My first thought, I would say, is more likely.

It has been said that the
    clockwork-droids from The Girl in the Fireplace, will be in Robots of Sherwood.
    Makes sense. :)

Don't want to spoil things for people here. Don't open the spoiler tags if you don't want to know. Obviously the OP will, to see what I've put.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only the finale is a two-part story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't read the scripts either but surely though the length of the scripts should give you some idea? Apologies though if you cited this reason in one of the tags! :)
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    I think
    Robots of Sherwood
    as the two-parter. Don't think it will happen for that one though. My first thought, I would say, is more likely.

Don't want to spoil things for people here. Don't open the spoiler tags if you don't want to know. Obviously the OP will, to see what I've put.

Whist I wont say what is in the spoiler tags I hardly think that they actually reveal much that isnt known in the spoilers thread and other than the pics of filming there isnt too much more than that (unless people saw the leaked scripts ect which the links have now been deleted from there).
    I have been following the spoilers thread and still dont know too much yet!
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Only the finale is a two-part story.

How can you know that? :confused: We've only had access to five scripts (by mistake), and no other have been leaked. Unless you've read all twelve scripts, no-one can know for sure that the finalé is the only two-parter.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you know that? :confused:

By us knowing who the directors and writers are for each episode - with filming almost complete we also know which episodes were produced in which blocks.
  • Options
    ryanellisryanellis Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    I think they meant five scripts, six unedited episodes (the video), only two of which have leaked so far, hence the risk of more material showing up.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    The sixth episode from that server doesn't match a leaked script.
  • Options
    bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think
    Robots of Sherwood

The episode you mentioned is not a two parter, based on what we know only the last two episodes are a two parter.

As for the final spoiler box you have the episode wrong they will appear in Episode 1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    None of the first 5 will be two parters- they all have the same number of pages, except the first, which we know is longer anyway.

Also surely two-parters will still have separate scripts- due to different episode numbers and titles etc. (or at least have something in the script say end of episode etc. )
  • Options
    PobattiPobatti Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    If you're going by the files that were available from the server during the leak, pay special attention to the file names - they're wrong. It claims there were two episode one scripts and no episode 3 script. Clearly a mistake with the filenames.

As for the actual episodes, notice one has a "(1)" in the filename. Windows does this when you make a copy of an existing file in the same folder, it adds the number to make the filenames unique. That must have happened (increasing the number of MP4 files by one), and then someone's "corrected" this by renaming all the files. That's why there seems to be an episode 6.

Here's the listing:
  • Options
    scottishjamesscottishjames Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I don't know if anyone else has seen Moffat's descriptions of each episode? It shows there the finale is the only two-parter and the five scripts were in order. It's going to be so good :)
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first 5 scripts are obviously not two part episodes going by the length of them. Just episode 1 is a feature length.

Unless they re-wrote one of the other 4 to be two parts.
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    The first 5 scripts are obviously not two part episodes going by the length of them. Just episode 1 is a feature length.
    Indeed. Without giving away any spoilers, the PDF files are as follows:

Episode 1 - 113 pages, 956KB
    Episode 2 - 70 pages, 549KB
    Episode 3 - 66 pages, 501KB
    Episode 4 - 70 pages, 524KB
    Episode 5 - 74 pages, 526KB

Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Unless they re-wrote one of the other 4 to be two parts.
    Weren't these transcripts of the finished episodes, rather than shooting scripts?
  • Options
    DazerUKDazerUK Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have we had confirmed episode titles yet?

I use an app called TVTrac to notify me when my favourite shows are airing, and this is giving the names for the first 7 episodes as
    1. Deep Breath
    2. Into the Dalek
    3. Robots of Sherwood
    4. Listen
    5. Time Heist
    6. The Caretaker
    7. Kill the Moon

Are these just guess work?
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DazerUK wrote: »
    Are these just guess work?

I think the first 6 are correct. 7 might be guesswork.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    First five are definitely correct.