Previous Survivor Discussion

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I've just finished the episode from Pearl Islands....
    where Christa was voted out. To be honest, the fish didn't seem to come into it. Sandra threw the fish out after Rupert was voted out, and the next person voted out is Tijuana, which is another very confusing vote in itself.
    Christa had actually started strategizing to get Sandra voted out instead of her before she was booted. lol
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just finished the episode from Pearl Islands....
    where Christa was voted out. To be honest, the fish didn't seem to come into it. Sandra threw the fish out after Rupert was voted out, and the next person voted out is Tijuana, which is another very confusing vote in itself.
    Christa had actually started strategizing to get Sandra voted out instead of her before she was booted. lol

By then I think she knew it was either her or Sandra going
    But I dont think she ever voted for Sandra, or vice versa
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished 22 now, it was not the best I have seen

Problems
    Rob controlling the game became boring, I was at least hoping for someone to try and take him down, but no, they was all stupid. Redemption Island was crap in my view, but I felt bad for that religious guy Matt.
    However Philip was an interesting character.

I would probably put it as my least favourite that I have seen so far.

Now on season 9, already on episode one
    Can't believe they didnt vote out Chris, he screwed up big time. I cant see the girls tribe lasting long, it seems to be the old vs the young
    Forum Member
    Fortunately there's probably no worser season than Redemption Island, so you won't have to go through as much painful predictability again. ;)

Watching the final of Pearl Island again, one jury question/answer always interests me.....
    Where Sandra says that Lil is responsible for everyone on the jury being there. It's quite a dangerous answer because it kind of makes Lil look good, which is no easy task lol Tijuana even says that that's what caused her to vote for Lil over Sandra.
    But I suspect that Sandra didn't want to elaborate further for a few reasons. Mainly because, even though a few on the jury were very mad at Lil, bad-mouthing a woman like Lil isn't going to endear you to anyone. Plus Lil had just chosen Sandra over Jon to join her in the final so Sandra was still feeling thankful to Lil.
    I think I would have said something like 'Lil allows her emotions to get the best of her', but it would still be a very risky strategy without coming across unnecessarily negative next to Lil's 'holier than thou' routine, might aswell just let Lil talk herself out of the win. :D
    Or maybe Sandra was further proving herself as a great gameplayer by playing to a bitter jury. Basically saying - you have a reason to be mad, and if you are then be mad at Lil. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished 22 now, it was not the best I have seen

Problems
    Rob controlling the game became boring, I was at least hoping for someone to try and take him down, but no, they was all stupid. Redemption Island was crap in my view, but I felt bad for that religious guy Matt.
    However Philip was an interesting character.

I would probably put it as my least favourite that I have seen so far.

Now on season 9, already on episode one
    Can't believe they didnt vote out Chris, he screwed up big time. I cant see the girls tribe lasting long, it seems to be the old vs the young

Vanuatu is a beaut. Especially post merge. :) Enjoy!
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think my main issue with Redemption Island wasn't so much the Rob dominance. It was that virtually everything was made crystal clear before it even happened. There was no attempt to even disguise the pecking order of the Ometepe group. Even though the Pagonging was predictable, they could have at least tried to make it more difficult to tell which order the Ometepe's would have gone out afterwards. Instead, the pecking order of that alliance was established from the start, and the only question was whether Ashley or Grant would be 4th/5th.

If I remember correctly, they even used Andrea as a decoy boot the week before she went home, creating absolutely no doubt that she was going home in the next episode anyway. The editting that series was horrendous, even for season dominated so heavily.
  • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but Sandra was still loyal to her and did not vote for her out I think.

Correct but she didn't own up to her mistake did she, she just let her closest ally take the blame. Not someone I'd like to be aligned with :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Correct but she didn't own up to her mistake did she, she just let her closest ally take the blame. Not someone I'd like to be aligned with :p

Yeah but it still worked out well for her

anyway just finished season 9
    Quite liked Chris as the winner, he made the final 2 even though he was stuck with a six women alliance, but he managed to split it up. Overall I did not mind it, but not my favourite, I found the cast boring tbh and Scout was the most useless person ever, how did she make final 3 I will never guess. I liked Eliza the best, I felt bad for her.

Now on to Season 10
    Forum Member
    Woah you're working your way through them fast. :eek:
    I went on a Survivor overload when I first watched them and it wouldn't leave my thoughts all day, I even dreamt about it.

I ended up having to take a break from it before I went crazy. lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I am getting through them, will have to take a break soon as I got work tomorrow and Friday, but I decided Im going to watch Survivor China now as I loved Courtney in Heroes vs Villains so going to see what she was like to be classed as a villain then Ill go back to 10 :D
  • k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Yeah but it still worked out well for her

anyway just finished season 9
    Quite liked Chris as the winner, he made the final 2 even though he was stuck with a six women alliance, but he managed to split it up. Overall I did not mind it, but not my favourite, I found the cast boring tbh and Scout was the most useless person ever, how did she make final 3 I will never guess. I liked Eliza the best, I felt bad for her.

Now on to Season 10
    Scout was farcially weak in challenges but was actually a lot more tactically astute then what the edit on the show made her out to be, her social game was supposedly fantastic and as a result managed to avoid being an early target for the women pre-merge, she was also (moreso then Twila) the big instigator in the outcasts flipping against Eliza and Amy. Her plan was a final 3 of herself, Eliza and Twila, putting herself in a position where both would take her to the end because of their animosity towards each other, and she would have beaten either in the final 2.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »
    Scout was farcially weak in challenges but was actually a lot more tactically astute then what the edit on the show made her out to be, her social game was supposedly fantastic and as a result managed to avoid being an early target for the women pre-merge, she was also (moreso then Twila) the big instigator in the outcasts flipping against Eliza and Amy. Her plan was a final 3 of herself, Eliza and Twila, putting herself in a position where both would take her to the end because of their animosity towards each other, and she would have beaten either in the final 2.

I hated
    Scout
    Just remember her as being such a boring, self-righteous, hateful person. So glad she didn't win.
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do we think Pagonging is happening every season now? I thought it was due to the influence of returning players, but it is happening this season too, even with a tribe shuffle involved earlier in the season.

It's strange because after the initial few seasons the traditional Pagonging happened less and less, alliances often switched or fell apart, and new ones were formed. Now it seems that the majority alliance formed in Week 1 or 2 controls the entire game.

Can this be stopped?
  • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lack of post merge reward challenges where you have to pick who goes with you. That challenge where you fill in a survey often helped turn people against each other, as long as there isn't an obvious scapegoat, as well.

I also think players are getting smarter and realising making an alliance on day 1 and sticking with it to the end is the safest way to go.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah plus the last couple of seasons before this one had no pre-merge tribal switches.

If you are playing the game then pagonging is what makes the most sense as a player, it is the smart way to play even though its really boring.
    Forum Member
    I think it's the final 3. In the olden days of a final 2 people had to scrap harder and make riskier decisions in an attempt to improve their position in the game, because of the final 3 however people are more content to stay as part of a majority alliance and hope that they make the end, even now in One World we see nearly everyone remaining thinking that they are part of the final 3 along with Kim and Chelsea, if it was a final 2 people would be making more of an attempt to eliminate them due to them being an obvious pair.

The other issue is the HII, because of the HII people are scared to flip sides incase the HII is played and that player ends up at the being eliminated or finding themself at the bottom of their alliance's pecking order.
    Forum Member
    I think it's because of the show's recent highlighting of dumb players/moves.
    Quite simply, no-one wants to be THAT survivor.

By 'THAT survivor' I mean part of the group of infamous ones who are all thought of as idiots and fools.

Like Troy said, he didn't want to be one of THOSE who get voted out with an idol in his pocket. Everyone is so concerned about making dumb moves that they all would just rather play it safe and stick to the original plan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I am getting through them, will have to take a break soon as I got work tomorrow and Friday, but I decided Im going to watch Survivor China now as I loved Courtney in Heroes vs Villains so going to see what she was like to be classed as a villain then Ill go back to 10 :D

China is fantastic. And if you liked Courtney in HvV, be prepared for a treat! She's far far more prominent in China. The lack of Courtney footage in HvV was for me, it's biggest flaw. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah you're working your way through them fast. :eek:
    I went on a Survivor overload when I first watched them and it wouldn't leave my thoughts all day, I even dreamt about it.

I ended up having to take a break from it before I went crazy. lol

I've had to many Survivor dreams. I once had a ridiculously vivid game that I was there on the first day of a new season with returning players. (It was the HvV cast, but it wasn't HvV theme!)

I wanted to form an alliance with Amanda, but she was insisting that James needed to be a part of it, which I didn't like. We then had to do a swimming challenge in a dirty greene lagoon, and my tribe lost because I can't swim well, and the whole tribe wanted to vote me out. Then, on the way to tribal council, Sugar banged her head on the tribal council set, and had to be evacuated, so I survived.

It sounds silly, but it was a really vivid and detailed dream. :o
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had my first survivor dream a couple nights ago. I dreamt of being blindsided with my hidden immunity idol at camp.

And I seriously don't think final three is a good thing for Survivor - I cannot remember a good F3 where three contestants are neck-in-neck - there must be one getting **** all
    (Albert, Natalie, Sash, Russell, Mick, Sugar, Cassandra and Dre, Becky)

China is a really weird series, I really thought:
    Amanda had it in the bag. She was a complete mess at the final tribal and even courtney got more votes than she did
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive seen 2 seasons with final 3 and I don't like it, final two is so much more intresting, and too many jury members, much prefer final 2 and 7 jury members, 9 is too boring.
    Forum Member
    chrono88 wrote: »
    I had my first survivor dream a couple nights ago. I dreamt of being blindsided with my hidden immunity idol at camp.

And I seriously don't think final three is a good thing for Survivor - I cannot remember a good F3 where three contestants are neck-in-neck - there must be one getting **** all
    (Albert, Natalie, Sash, Russell, Mick, Sugar, Cassandra and Dre, Becky)

To be honest...
    those who end up with 0 votes in the final would probably have got taken there anyway in a final 2.
    Like with Yul/Ozzy, whoever would have won immunity likely wouldn't have taken the other and it would have been a predictable blowout against Becky. Same with Sash, both Fabio/Chase would have likely taken him. Probably Sugar too.
    I think although final 2 makes things more competitive, a final 3 makes things more unpredictable.

Plus I think I'm still mad that a final 2 screwed Cirie out of a probable victory in Fans vs Favourites. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not liking China at all, only got into 2 episodes for 10 and 11 also and they bored me.

Maybe I have had too much Survivor and should take a break for a few days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Its great how everyone has their favourite seasons, something for everyone :). Nicaragua and Gabon are by far my least favourite seasons since like pre All Stars,

That's funny because I'm loving One World too, but have seen that you're not such a fan! We're survivor opposites :cool:
    Forum Member
    To be honest...
    those who end up with 0 votes in the final would probably have got taken there anyway in a final 2.
    Like with Yul/Ozzy, whoever would have won immunity likely wouldn't have taken the other and it would have been a predictable blowout against Becky. Same with Sash, both Fabio/Chase would have likely taken him. Probably Sugar too.
    I think although final 2 makes things more competitive, a final 3 makes things more unpredictable.

Plus I think I'm still mad that a final 2 screwed Cirie out of a probable victory in Fans vs Favourites. ;)
    I'd see it playing out like this:

Cook Islands:
    Ozzy wins F3 immunity, takes Becky to the end.
    Ozzy wins Cook Islands in a whitewash #barf

Fiji:
    Dreamz wins final 3, takes Cassandra to the end.
    This would be a close vote, it would depend on how pissed off the Horsemen were with Dreamz for flipping on them, but I can't see them voting for Cassandra based on their jury questions. I'd lean towards Dreamz winning.

China:
    Amanda wins F3, takes Todd to the end.
    Todd wins

Gabon:
    Bob wins F3, takes Sugar to the end.
    Bob wins in a whitewash

Samoa:
    Russell wins F3, takes Natalie to the end.
    Natalie wins

HvV:
    Parvati wins F3, takes Russell to the end.
    Parvati wins.

Nicaragua:
    Fabio wins F3, takes Sash to the end.
    Fabio wins in a whitewash

Redemption Island:
    Rob wins F3, takes Phillip to the end.
    Rob wins.

South Pacific:
    Sophie wins F3, takes Albert to the end.
    Sophie wins unanimously.