Options

Markus Feehily - Butterfly

siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Official Video was released today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5gUO9dgIOU

Butterfly is the second single from his debut album, Fire.

Basally, it's awesome. :p

Comments

• Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »

I change my mind completely, Butterfly is EXCELLENT single choice. The official audio sounds 10 times better than what we heard months ago.

And Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell fits perfectly in the song, what a great idea.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    This is not at all what I expected. I expected a really dull Westlife-esque ballad, but this is actually pretty decent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is not at all what I expected. I expected a really dull Westlife-esque ballad, but this is actually pretty decent.

This always just shows you that the songs you do in a boyband doesn't necessarily mean you like as a individual or that you will do them as a solo artist. Mark's been shocking people ever since the debut single :D

Even what Shane does is not exactly Westlife but it is definitely more pop than this.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sad thing is if this was Sam Smith it'd go to number 1
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did his debut single chart?
    I think I remember it as having a little John Newman flavour to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    The sad thing is if this was Sam Smith it'd go to number 1

I know, right? It really is annoying seeing how Mark is struggling even if he has done everything perfectly. I just can't believe none of major labels didn't want to support this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

It charted at #56. Streaming hurt him A LOT - it was 30 places of a difference as in sales only chart he was at #26.

Sad thing is, he even flopped in Ireland, at #65 - I was sure at least he would do slightly better in his homeland. But I guess being away from spotlight for 3 years and going completely independent resulted in this.
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

Love Is A Drug entered the chart at #56 officially, I seem to remember it was one of the first weeks of the new chart rules and had it not been he did considerably better as sales only, but hey ho that's no longer the rules. Hopefully Butterfly performs better as both songs are definitely worthy of it.

So Love Is A Drug Vs Butterfly, what would be peoples preferences?

For me it's Butterfly, but people seem to really loved his debut.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Is A Drug entered the chart at #56 officially, I seem to remember it was one of the first weeks of the new chart rules and had it not been he did considerably better as sales only, but hey ho that's no longer the rules. Hopefully Butterfly performs better as both songs are definitely worthy of it.

So Love Is A Drug Vs Butterfly, what would be peoples preferences?

For me it's Butterfly, but people seem to really loved his debut.

oooh I can't decide :) I like them pretty equally, the debut is maybe tiny better but this song is still very very strong.
  • Options
    coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brilliant Markus! Brilliant!

Yeah, if it were Sam Smith's it would definitely smash the charts! this song needs to be spread and made known! it's just brilliant.
  • Options
    coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goosebumps!!!

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member

WOW, this is just brilliant. I'm eagerly waiting for his album!
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markus Feehily is one very, very talented man. He has such a brilliant, powerful voice. He was obviously one of the lead singers in Westlife, but he is really coming into his own now.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't a fan of Westlife, but admit Mark has an excellent voice and is very talented. I am glad he is doing music on his own now. This song is brilliant. I love it. I hope it does well for him.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this song for now is just available as a part of the album but the single will have an impact date on 16th of October, the day that album is also released. I hope it will have a better position than Love Is A Drug but we will see.