Any 808 State fans?

gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm a huge fan of 808 State Pacific 707 is probably my favourite tune. I really like electronic music I think it is an unappreciated genre though. I would love to see 808 State live I keep checking to see if they will be back up here in Glasgow or Edinburgh soon.

Any other 808 State fans here?

Comments

• ThorneyThorney Posts: 3,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did a DJ warmup for them about 15 years ago in Edinburgh funnily enough, totally starstruck, couldn't believe they were playing on the same decks I used a minute earlier!! So yeh a fan!
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are yet another old school electronic act that if you take their classics from the day still sound fresher and more exciting than the EDM crud that rules radio today.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pacific State is a timeless classic. Also like Cubik, Cobra Bora & In Yer Face..
    MC Tunes was their downfall ;)
  • hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to see them in September.
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite memory of them was Gary Davies introducing them on Top Of The Pops as Bob State.
  • SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like 'Lopez', the track they did with James Dean Bradfield (of the Manics) - at least, I do now, it completely passed me by at the time, and I only finally became aware of it thanks to one of the Chart Show reruns on The Vault...
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite memory of them was Gary Davies introducing them on Top Of The Pops as Bob State.

:D:D
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    I certainly was/am.

I drove my parents mad with 'Pacific,' but in my defence it was my Dad's fault for giving me a copy of the 12". I used to play both sides over and over.

Come to think of it I did the same with 'Olympic' and 'Cubik' too.

When I listen to 'Pacific' on the MP3 player, ' I always have to make a point of listening to Sueno Latino and A Guy Called Gerald's 'Eyes of Sorrow.'
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tortfeasor wrote: »
    I certainly was/am.

I drove my parents mad with 'Pacific,' but in my defence it was my Dad's fault for giving me a copy of the 12". I used to play both sides over and over.

Come to think of it I did the same with 'Olympic' and 'Cubik' too.

When I listen to 'Pacific' on the MP3 player, ' I always have to make a point of listening to Sueno Latino and A Guy Called Gerald's 'Eyes of Sorrow.'

I'm a huge fan of 'pacific' I listen to it daily it is my favourite song. It is so unique and haunting if that makes sense. I love the saxophone bit particularly. I hope to see them live sometime either at a gig or djset.
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pacific is down as an absolute classic track