Obesity and excercise

15678911»

Comments

• franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recognise this diet.

I am going to take a punt and say that within 5 years barely anyone will be on it at all. People with epilepsy maybe.

I am not one to criticise other peoples' eating habits, but from the point of view of a facebook user, that will be a relief. It is pretty fatiguing to have to plough through other peoples' minute-by-minute meal descriptions and exercise app downloads every morning.

Not sure what diet you're on about but coconut oil has many positive benefits, using it for frying is just one of them.
  • BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recognise this diet.

I am going to take a punt and say that within 5 years barely anyone will be on it at all. People with epilepsy maybe.

I am not one to criticise other peoples' eating habits, but from the point of view of a facebook user, that will be a relief. It is pretty fatiguing to have to plough through other peoples' minute-by-minute meal descriptions and exercise app downloads every morning.

I have no need to plough thru any such app. I'm educated enough to know what works for my body and my goals.

I use coconut oil for a few things, cooking, drinking, eating it raw, I use it as a moisturiser aswell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Not sure what diet you're on about but coconut oil has many positive benefits, using it for frying is just one of them.

Ketogenic, or its flakier sibling, bulletproof. Bulletproof seems to involve buying an endless series of expensive supplements from the inventor of the diet, which surely spells 'charlatan' in letters a yard high. A Ketogenic diet will almost certainly make you lose weight, if you don't mind it being nasty, boring, and (in some cases, though this may not be compulsory) alarmingly high in processed meats, which do seem to be unequivocal dietary bad guys.

Bulletproof is for the credulous who just can't think of how to get rid of their money.
  • BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonkey Donkey who are you claiming is on that diet?
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ketogenic, or its flakier sibling, bulletproof. Bulletproof seems to involve buying an endless series of expensive supplements from the inventor of the diet, which surely spells 'charlatan' in letters a yard high. A Ketogenic diet will almost certainly make you lose weight, if you don't mind it being nasty, boring, and (in some cases, though this may not be compulsory) alarmingly high in processed meats, which do seem to be unequivocal dietary bad guys.

Bulletproof is for the credulous who just can't think of how to get rid of their money.

Heard of neither. I don't follow trendy diets etc I'm afraid and definitely don't buy expensive supplements either. I do use coconut oil though - skin moisturiser, cooking, hair conditioner, even use in a smoothie ....all from a small tub that's inexpensive. I tend to drink coconut water, instead of fizzy drinks, which I feel is a hell of a lot healthier.

If people want or are desperate enough to spend their money on the "in" diet then good luck to them, it's not for me though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonkey Donkey who are you claiming is on that diet?

I thought you were. Apologies if I was wrong. But your diet sounds very much along those lines (only perhaps with less cream.)
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a program on TV i just watched called 'the truth about sugar'. And how it's one of the biggest causes of obesity. And that on average we all eat 15 teaspoons a day, with the recommended being 6!
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are so lazy it's unbelievable. Where I live it's only a 20 minute walk into town, but people are prepared to pay £2.40 on the bus one way, or £3.50 on a taxi, just so they don't have to use their legs. Being overweight is not only bad for their health, it's bad for mine as well. My blood pressure rises whenever I have to squeeze past all the chubsters when I'm in the supermarket.
    Katie Hopkins lives!
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a myth. Ready meals are not full of sugar or any additives and most are are good for you. However things like Rustler burgers are not so good.

The higher priced ones eg Tesco Finest are extremely high in fat but honestly, ready meals are actually very healthy

Just got to watch how much sugar in the ready meals. Sweet and Sour contains a massive amount of sugar.
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    There was a program on TV i just watched called 'the truth about sugar'. And how it's one of the biggest causes of obesity. And that on average we all eat 15 teaspoons a day, with the recommended being 6!

Yet I watched sugar V fat and the one on the high sugar diet came off better
    Forum Member
    el_bardos wrote: »
    Whatever composition of food groups you eat, it's down to overall calories in them whether you put on or lose weight. There's no particular need to try and demonise fat or sugar, so long as we all pay attention to the sum total of everything we eat (and drink, which is often forgotten as well).

The problem is we all tend to underestimate how much we consume unless we're actively keeping track of it.

Yep I totally agree

Calories in vs calories out
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I totally agree

Calories in vs calories out

For bodyweight yes, but not for body shape.
    Forum Member
    For bodyweight yes, but not for body shape.

True.....
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are just more prone to carrying extra weight. My friend is overweight and her hubby is stick thin. They have two adult daughters and one is like her Dad, skin and bone. Teachers at her school actually contacted her Mother when she was about 15 because they thought she was anorexic!!

The other is voluptuous and about a size 18. They all eat the same homegrown food and the mother is a great cook so meals are very healthy. Neither girls are sporty so they don't do much exercise.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    I bet if you tracked both girls 24/7 that their diet and exercise regimes would show up as being very different. You can't beat the laws of physics.
    Forum Member
    On past diets I've ate 1200 calories in the week and not lost weight certain weeks, shit happens
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    shit happens
    Yes it does and you have to track that as well. :D