Help With Denon Dvd-2800ii "please"

Hi all.. ok this is going to sound kind of strange but here it goes. I have recently purchase a new Home cinema system which I am very happy with. In the process I also changed my old Toshiba DVD Player to a new DENON 2800II DVD Player. Mainly because the old DVD couldn’t handle RCE R1 Movies.

Ok.. here is the catch… Ever since I have hooked up the new DVD Player to my TV being a 52” rear Projector, I kind of feel that the PI is not as sharp as it should be, for example when a shot of a kind of far distance appears the faces seem kind of blare. Some times by Girl friend claims that some lighting seems to be too bright and all this has got me all paranoid. The DVD supports PS “Progressive Scan” but my TV can’t support it so I have turned this feature off. Now I don’t know whether I am being paranoid or whether there actually is a problem?

I bought the DVD from a Online store for like £379, it was a very low price and when I contacted the shop before purchasing the item, they said they had got a deal from DENON and that is why they could let it go for so little. Now I am wondering whether this item is fault before being sent out or whether the picture on the DVD is so high quality from the pervious player that it is showing its effect on a Rear Projector TV.

I am going to hook up my old DVD player and compare a particular scene but in the mean while I just wanted to see if any one had any advice or ay suggestion. By the way the DVD is being connected via a RGB Scart Lead.
:rolleyes: