Wednesday 3rd June
19:00 - The One Show
19:30 - Animal SOS
[highlight]20:00 to 22:00 - The Apprentice[/highlight]

Friday 5th June
20:00 - EastEnders
[highlight]20:30 - The Apprentice: Why I Fired Them[/highlight]
21:30 - Have I Got News For You

This suggests the last 2 episodes are being grouped together; with a special show on the Friday with Sir Alan saying why he fired them.

Comments

• PufflePuffle Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't the last you're fired run for an hour immediately after the last programme? Although you could be right as if that's the final we only have 2 weeks and still 6 candidates so a double bill of the interviews and the final task could be interesting
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess that means the interviews will be hour 1 and the final task hour 2?
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puffle wrote: »
    Doesn't the last you're fired run for an hour immediately after the last programme? Although you could be right as if that's the final we only have 2 weeks and still 6 candidates so a double bill of the interviews and the final task could be interesting

I thought that the runner up will get a "you're fired" at the regular time on bbc2 with the winner getting one as well after the news on bbc1.
    I may be wrong though.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I guess that means the interviews will be hour 1 and the final task hour 2?

I assume so. Rubbish decision if that's the case. You need that week between the interviews and the final so that we at least establish who the finalists are, and there's the last chance to separate the wheat from the chaff... it won't have the same impact if it's all in one final edition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't this just mean that the interviews last for 2 hours? It's a 12 week and show and if it ended June 03 then it'd only be 11 weeks long.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Is this the night when the new series of Big Brother starts?!
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IIRC last year Why I Fired Them was on before the final.

On final night it was
    9.00 BBC1 Apprentice Final
    10.00 BBC2 The Apprentice: You're Fired (Wasn't there more than two in the final last year?)
    10.35 BBC1 The Apprentice: You're Hired.

Of course on June 10th (which should be final night) there's an England World Cup Qualifier football match on ITV1. Perhaps the BBC want to avoid this clash.

Edit: Apparantly BB starts on Thursday 4th June.
    Forum Member
    Doesn't this just mean that the interviews last for 2 hours? It's a 12 week and show and if it ended June 03 then it'd only be 11 weeks long.

You might be right actually. They wouldn't put 'Why I Fired Them' on after the final - it wouldn't really make any sense, would it? But two hours is too long for the interviews and they've never felt the need to extend it in the past.

I assumed that they'd put the interview episode and the final episode together, therefore it's still 12 episodes but the final 2 are broadcast as 1.
    iaindb wrote: »
    IIRC last year Why I Fired Them was on before the final.

On final night it was
    9.00 BBC1 Apprentice Final
    10.00 BBC2 The Apprentice: You're Fired (Wasn't there more than two in the final last year?)
    10.35 BBC1 The Apprentice: You're Hired.

Of course on June 10th (which should be final night) there's an England World Cup Qualifier football match on ITV1. Perhaps the BBC want to avoid this clash.

Yes, there was 4 in the final last year.

You may well be right about the football. Is this schedule confirmed?
    Forum Member
    Is this the night when the new series of Big Brother starts?!

No, Big Brother begins the night after (lucky for Big Brother).
    Forum Member
    Radio Times disputes this schedule:

8pm - The Apprentice: The Final 5
    9pm - The Apprentice (interview episode as normal)

Don't see how the final can go out against the football though. That would surely knock it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »

This suggests the last 2 episodes are being grouped together; with a special show on the Friday with Sir Alan saying why he fired them.

this isn't right

though the schedules will probably vary quite a bit before then, they're not currently planning this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »
    Of course on June 10th (which should be final night) there's an England World Cup Qualifier football match on ITV1.

I doubt the BBC cares if they trash ITV's ratings for a soccer match they paid too much for. And besides, I suspect the audience profiles for a business programme and a sports one are radically different (and not just because the business one is of interest to people outside England).
  • GarstyGarsty Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    I doubt they are the last two episodes like others have said probally a special and the interviews, then the why I fired them on the friday, then the final combined with youre hired on the next wednesday.
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes according to Radio Times website the 8pm show is just a documentary/profile on the Final 5 contestants

The Apprentice: The Final 5Wednesday 03 June
    8:00pm - 9:00pm
    BBC1
    As this year's series of The Apprentice draws to a close and the tension mounts, this programme profiles the remaining five candidates. Revealing the true stories behind their super-confident egos, we discover what really makes these budding business men and women tick. Parents, friends and former bosses, along with Sir Alan's trusted aides Nick Hewer and Margaret Mountford, discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the final five personalities.

Then the normal show at 9pm :)
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we'll get the edited language version of the interviews in the first hour. Talk about treating the viewers like children.:rolleyes:
    I hope a 'full' version is shown later that same week.:sleep:
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    So we'll get the edited language version of the interviews in the first hour. Talk about treating the viewers like children.:rolleyes:
    I hope a 'full' version is shown later that same week.:sleep:

No the 8pm show is a profile of the final 5, background about them talking to friends and families etc

The 9pm show is a normal show and happens to be the interview one where they all get interviewed (a task)
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Final Five programme is always my favourite. Who can forget the story of how Katie Hopkins tried to marathon her unborn child to death?
  • JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So when is the final?!

I'm in a pickle, I go on holiday Wednesday 10th June :D
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=D.M.N.;32539119[highlight]20:30 - The Apprentice: Why I Fired Them[/highlight][/QUOTE]In previous years that's been a bit rubbish, in my opinion. It's basically been a recap that was filmed yonks ago, and adds no new insights. Sir Alan gives some new comments, but they could have been filmed just after they were fired and don't take on board what he might have learnt from watching the final edited footage that we see.

Plus the programme has so many candidates to cover that it can't do much for each one, other than the shallow party line that we already know. And that I often disagree with.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I found Why I Fired Them quite interesting last year, although, I agree that there wasn't too much new info revealed then.

The thing that annoyed me most with last years was that he still insisted that Shazia should've been fired! I just can't fathom how he thought that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simonk243 wrote: »
    Yes according to Radio Times website the 8pm show is just a documentary/profile on the Final 5 contestants

The Apprentice: The Final 5Wednesday 03 June
    8:00pm - 9:00pm
    BBC1
    As this year's series of The Apprentice draws to a close and the tension mounts, this programme profiles the remaining five candidates. Revealing the true stories behind their super-confident egos, we discover what really makes these budding business men and women tick. Parents, friends and former bosses, along with Sir Alan's trusted aides Nick Hewer and Margaret Mountford, discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the final five personalities.

Then the normal show at 9pm :)

Hang on - so we're going to get a show profiling the ups and downs/strengths and weaknesses of the Final 5, directly before the Interview show, which is basically just profiling the ups and downs/strengths and weaknesses of the Final 5. That sounds like quite bad scheduling.

I remember they did this show last year, but putting it on directly before the Interviews doesn't feel like the best idea.
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Howard. Debra. Kate. Yasmina. Lorraine. James are left. Next Wed 27May another leaves leaving 6 for the 3Jun, leaving 5, 4th person leaves on 10th june leaving 3 for the final on the 17th June ???:confused::confused:
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    davedub wrote: »
    Howard. Debra. Kate. Yasmina. Lorraine. James are left. Next Wed 27May another leaves leaving 6 for the 3Jun, leaving 5, 4th person leaves on 10th june leaving 3 for the final on the 17th June ???:confused::confused:

Is that all?

Bloody hell. Doesn't feel like it. Only feels about half way through. To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of this series. I just don't feel it as memorable as other years and with the exception of Ben, can't see me remembering half the cast or tasks of this one come next year. When I can remember pretty much every candidate and task from the others. Don't get me wrong it's been fun, just not my favourite.
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Is that all?

Bloody hell. Doesn't feel like it. Only feels about half way through. To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of this series. I just don't feel it as memorable as other years and with the exception of Ben, can't see me remembering half the cast or tasks of this one come next year. When I can remember pretty much every candidate and task from the others. Don't get me wrong it's been fun, just not my favourite.

yeh it started end of march so on air 2 months now. This is my first yr watchin it so i'm loving it:D