PJ Harvey accepts MBE from David Cameron

Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Quite surprised the writer of Let England Shake has accepted an award from the government but not surprised Cameron's a fan. No doubt his first choice would have been Morrissey and Marr - but we know that THEY think of him! :D

Miss Harvey, 43, said: “I'm very happy that my name has been put forward by the Prime Minister to the Queen.”

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/10486174.Rock_star_rubs_shoulders_with_community_volunteers_in_Queen_s_Birthday_Honours_List/?ref=nt

Comments

• FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she impressed him when he met her on the Andrew Marr (the other Marr).show. Before then I doubt whether Cameron knew who she was, although his wife seems to be a fan..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvDqF9x5J88
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link as I hadn't seen it. I have a feeling that most of the songs on that album might sound better live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I'm very surprised and don't know quite what to make of this
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ardith wrote: »
    I'm very surprised and don't know quite what to make of this

Sell out perhaps?
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Sell out perhaps?

OMG best boycott her albums she is an evil Tory voting corporate puppett now all her beleifs and everything else has gone right out of the window Won't she please think of the children. in other words get a grip its a bloody MBE.
  • TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After having been a fan for 20 years, I am so outraged by this that I am going to go burn all my Polly Harvey records tonight.
    Or maybe I don't give a ****. She can have a whole alphabet after her name gifted by every member of the Tory party and the only thing that'll bother me is: whens the new album out? Will it be any cop?
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    OMG best boycott her albums she is an evil Tory voting corporate puppett now all her beleifs and everything else has gone right out of the window Won't she please think of the children. in other words get a grip its a bloody MBE.

Sarcasm is lost on you, it seems.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Sarcasm is lost on you, it seems.

Maybe, I was just ready for the ''sell out'' comments so was poised to act :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theshane wrote: »
    whens the new album out? Will it be any cop?

Agreed - definitely the most important questions. Doubt We'll get one this year (although White Chalk came out of nowhere so who knows).

Second question - Is the Pope Catholic comes to mind! :)