Three One Plan from £15pm (UNL Data + Tethering)

Comments

• soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    It's already gone down.

Ring them up and ask.

Agreed, definitely available, I transferred to a sim only one month rolling plan in store today at £18 a month ... all you can eat data and tethering included. Fabulous deal.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    denyo1977 wrote: »
    Makes you wonder why they know about the 12 month contract going down, but not the 1 month one. Or is there the possibility it actually won't go down?

My son managed to get his £25 One Plan converted to the £18 deal 4 hours ago by phone. Granted they did try and get him to go for the 12 month new deal but he declined.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    More interesting data people at three have told me.

Three added over 200,000+ customers between Jan 1st and March 31st (Q1) this year taking their current customer base to over 9.2m.

Three have over 13,500 masts as of the end of Q1 and will be aiming for a further 5,000 by 2015.

Three have 98% HSPA+ coverage and 85% DC-HSPA+ coverage

4G will be free for all customers and looks like it'll be November now. It will be before the end of the year at least. VoLTE is phase 3.... whatever that means?

Three will be launching a voice over Wi-Fi app in the future. Similar to O2's TU GO and Oranges wi-fi app.

To combat increased data usage Three will be implementing traffic sense in throttling P2P during peak times (3pm-12pm) and traffic managing tethering on heavy users during peak times (3pm-12pm). Unlimited data and tethering with no fair use policy will remain on the One Plan though. Unlimited data with no tethering will remain on the "ultimate" tariffs.
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notice that the web site still not updated but see that e 12month SIM one plan says 2gb data. Is that always been the case?
    Forum Member
    Notice that the web site still not updated but see that e 12month SIM one plan says 2gb data. Is that always been the case?

It's been like that back when the 12 month version was announced. The new one includes unlimted data though

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmpqt24wfd5y7f2/IMG_20130629_085448.jpg
  • JwhiterzJwhiterz Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More interesting data people at three have told me.

Three added over 200,000+ customers between Jan 1st and March 31st (Q1) this year taking their current customer base to over 9.2m.

Three have over 13,500 masts as of the end of Q1 and will be aiming for a further 5,000 by 2015.

Three have 98% HSPA+ coverage and 85% DC-HSPA+ coverage

4G will be free for all customers and looks like it'll be November now. It will be before the end of the year at least. VoLTE is phase 3.... whatever that means?

Three will be launching a voice over Wi-Fi app in the future. Similar to O2's TU GO and Oranges wi-fi app.

To combat increased data usage Three will be implementing traffic sense in throttling P2P during peak times (3pm-12pm) and traffic managing tethering on heavy users during peak times (3pm-12pm). Unlimited data and tethering with no fair use policy will remain on the One Plan though. Unlimited data with no tethering will remain on the "ultimate" tariffs.

Thats a lot of info to tell someone, did CS tell you this?
    Forum Member
    Jwhiterz wrote: »
    Thats a lot of info to tell someone, did CS tell you this?

CS don't have access to that kind of info.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CS don't have access to that kind of info.

you do have a point there :rolleyes:
  • Chris1973Chris1973 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They really need to get their website updated ASAP. All the lack of online presence for this offer is doing is giving fuel to the "Three has poor customer service" brigade.

Three's own twitter support isn't helping matters either by tweeting that there is no change to the 30 Day Sim Only one plan. Its only the 12 month plan which has been reduced (to £15)

https://twitter.com/ThreeUK/status/351719030077394944

Wasn't this 30 day sim only deal supposed to be reduced to £18? well it hasn't according to "Jo"
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    My son must have a phantom tariff then lol. But I do agree, their web people need to extract at least one of their digits...
  • HelixHelix Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1973 wrote: »
    They really need to get their website updated ASAP. All the lack of online presence for this offer is doing is giving fuel to the "Three has poor customer service" brigade.

Three's own twitter support isn't helping matters either by tweeting that there is no change to the 30 Day Sim Only one plan. Its only the 12 month plan which has been reduced (to £15)

https://twitter.com/ThreeUK/status/351719030077394944

Wasn't this 30 day sim only deal supposed to be reduced to £18? well it hasn't according to "Jo"

Well it is backing up my views of 3s customer service. I vowed never to go back to them after a poor experience a few years ago but T-Mobile managed to have even worse service and the other networks have poor 3G so I ended up back with 3.

I can't believe their upgrade line doesn't open later than 6pm, and they don't seem to tell the other departments that as they will still put you through to a closed department.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even more confusing. Another tweet earlier today from Three staff hinted that the 12 month tariff which has just been reduced is the one which was previously £20 a month, because they refer to it on the tweet as "being reduced by £5".

If this is correct then the £20 a month one plan deal only had 2gb of data - confirmed by "Nick Robinson"

https://twitter.com/ThreeUK/status/351694184958279681

Yet non of this tallies with the screenshot that was posted at the weekend.

:confused::confused::confused:
  • MeMeMeIMeMeMeI Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I left T-Mobile years ago after they took a full years pay monthly tariff from my bank account and refused to return it, even the bank acted as if my account was T-mobiles to do with as they liked.

Oddly immediately closing my bank account and moving all my savings to Lloyds TSb had the effect of making could not be arsed Barclays sit up and pay attention. I politely told them to take their customer service and account and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Anyway back to Three, their website still shows nothing of the monthly plan. I am on The 15GB month broadband, stuck on it till march 2014, bugger, would of been great if I could of used this and had the call minutes to (; ( )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if you tether you mobile to your laptop to use for home internet can the phone still make and receive calls?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MeMeMeI wrote: »
    So if you tether you mobile to your laptop to use for home internet can the phone still make and receive calls?

Yes :) just as you can browse the internet while on the phone at the same time, its essentially the same thing. I don't like to do it too much personally as it does put a toll on your phones battery life, or well it does with mine.
    Forum Member
    Chris1973 wrote: »
    Even more confusing. Another tweet earlier today from Three staff hinting that the 12 month tariff which has been reduced is the one which was previously £20 a month, because they refer to it as "being reduced by £5".

If this is correct then the £20 a month one plan deal only had 2gb of data - as confirmed by "Nick Robinson"

https://twitter.com/ThreeUK/status/351694184958279681

Yet non of this tallies with the screenshot that was posted at the weekend.

:confused::confused::confused:

It's wrong. Three twitter probably haven't seen the plans yet.

Three stores and phone sales are selling the correct plans which are with unlimited data and tethering for £15pm or £18pm,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But I do agree, their web people need to extract at least one of their digits...

And the blog people, its not on the Three blog yet either.

http://blog.three.co.uk/

Yet the PAYG deal has managed to get published on both the blog and the website
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jwhiterz wrote: »
    Yes :) just as you can browse the internet while on the phone at the same time, its essentially the same thing. I don't like to do it too much personally as it does put a toll on your phones battery life, or well it does with mine.

Cheers for the reply:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing I don't get is why do Three etc hate the laptop? You can get great deals on the Ipda plans with all you can eat data. So why won't they allow similar for the Windows powered laptops?
    http://store.three.co.uk/SIM_Only/Voice_Pay_Monthly?bestFor=iPhone
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MeMeMeI wrote: »
    The thing I don't get is why do Three etc hate the laptop? You can get great deals on the Ipda plans with all you can eat data. So why won't they allow similar for the Windows powered laptops?
    http://store.three.co.uk/SIM_Only/Voice_Pay_Monthly?bestFor=iPhone
    No you can't.
    You've linked to phone tariffs there, you couldn't use then in an iPad, they'd be cut off.

The tariffs they offer for the iPad are identical to those you could get for a laptop.
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helix wrote: »
    Is there any other way of switching to this tariff other than phoning up or going in store (online?). I phoned up at 6.15pm tonight and got told I needed upgrades and they would put me through only to get a message saying the department is closed (who closes their phone lines at 6pm in this day and age?)

I work between 9am and 6pm when their lines are open and if I leave it to the weekend I will end up paying another month at £25.
    I'm in the same boat, can't upgrade online, told to either call or visit a 3Store. Except between 9-6 I travel to and from work or am at work. Your only options are either flexitime and work back the time or wait until Saturday and take the hit I am afraid. :(
    Forum Member
    Confirmation from three twitter which backs up my OP- https://twitter.com/ThreeUK/status/352020930567999488
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Superb stuff from Three. They'll have another customer in September when my contract with Orange is up. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you tether your phone to a Nexus 7 or a Chromebook?
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    Can you tether your phone to a Nexus 7 or a Chromebook?

yes. Any device.