XF: Back To Basics 2 - Live Show 1

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu's Comment

TreyC

TreyC!! I was really disappointing with you tonight. I was expecting something a lot bigger and better, whereas I felt it lacked emotion from you and I don`t think you enjoyed the performance either!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    Treyc

Treyc I quite liked that performance. I am not sure if your mentor found the song from me using it on the Mix Factor final with Danielle or whether it was a coincidence :p. I think the soul/r&b route for you will be an exciting trail if the public will give you the support.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

I know Im your mentor, but bias aside, that was just extraordinary! The power in your voice, the tone everything was just winning, it's like you were performing your winners single. Im so proud of you... keep doing your thing girl
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    Treyc

Treyc I quite liked that performance. I am not sure if your mentor found the song from me using it on the Mix Factor final with Danielle or whether it was a coincidence :p. I think the soul/r&b route for you will be an exciting trail if the public will give you the support.

kinda both tbh. lol, I knew the song and Danielle kinda put it back in my head :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So TreyC totally delivered, apart from Pingu who wasn't impressed, but which side will the public choose?

Off to the Overs again and she wants us to come together (Sorry if that sounds wrong...), it's Ruth Lorenzo!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoEknxQ2a8s
    Forum Member
    kinda both tbh. lol, I knew the song and Danielle kinda put it back in my head :p

haha :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu's Comment

Ruth

Ruth!! That was an AMAZING performance. Even though it wasn`t the liveliest performance it still had power and strength and had me entertained.
    Forum Member
    Ruth

Ruth with that one performance you have definitely become the front runner in your category to do well in my opinion. Your mentor found a great arrangement of the the song which suited your big vocal style. This song could have been amazing had you really injected some power into the performance like you did in Purple Rain, but still it was great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll start with the negative, which is I thought the performance was quite dull but so what.. every performance is different and its week one. I gather you have quite a lot of fans on this forum so I don't think you have a worry tonight. good vocals by the way
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth Lorenzo
    Ruth, my Spanish chica! That was amazing, beautifully done! You took a Beatles classic and infused it with rock and that amazing Spanish flair and passion for music you have. The end result is a great performance. I hope everybody votes for you because you deserve to go far in this competition and I hope you do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty impressive comments for the Spanish Senorita, will the DS Public be supporting her later?

Now back to the groups and they're looking to run...away with the competition, it's 4Tune!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urhwS5Y1Omw
    Note: I wasn’t able to find a suitable male version of the song like this, as this is the arrangement the boys will perform the song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu's Comment

4Tune

4Tune, that was incredibly boring and didn`t feel right. It also felt quite scary, and not in a good way. The only thing good about it was the very start!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4Tune
    Guys, that was fantastic! I’ve never heard you perform before so I have nothing else to measure this against, but I felt it was definitely high up there. The only complaint, is that it was a little pitchy in places so maybe just try and tighten up the harmonies a bit next time. I’ll put that down to nerves tonight, but apart from that it was great. Good job!
    Forum Member
    4Tune

Guys you are probably the least known act in this competition but wow can you guys sing. I think your vocal harmonies are undoubtedly spectacular. I wanted to give you guys the opportunity to sing a popular well known song and put your vocal stamp on the song and that exactly what you did tonight. It was a huge risk for me to take you guys through with me and also to sing acapella on the first show, but I hope that the public will give you a chance and allow you guys to blossom and deliver some amazing performances.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boys, you are up against some big competitors in your category, I'll be honest: I don't know you.. I've been looking at some clips of you on youtube just to get to know you more, and ive got to confess that you didn't make a good impression to me tonight..Yes we like harmonies.. but we also like it in unison.. Do you ever sing in unison?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's mixed comments for 4Tune, will they be able to gain any fans tonight?

Now for the boys once more and he's known as the biscuit man, it's Craig Colton!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbkd0jWWIUg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig Colton
    Craig, it was a big risk to take such an iconic song and do it acoustically and I don’t quite think that it was as good as it could have been. Sorry, I just didn’t really connect with the song at all and it sounded like you didn’t really believe what you were singing and to be honest I think it was quite shouty in places too. You’re a great guy but it didn’t work for me tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu's Comment

Craig

Craig you sent a shiver down my spine with that incredible eery performance and made me feel a bit scared. The vocals were also on point and you`ve finished the boys off in a very good way!!
    Forum Member
    Craig

Craig welcome to the competition. I really want to e positive and like this performance, but for me it wasn’t that great tonight :( sorry. I was really worried about the song choice as I think you have a more theatrical voice and not sure if it fitted directly into the mood and style of this song. Vocally there wasn’t much wrong but for me it didn’t sit perfectly with me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I really liked about that performance is you did it in your own style.. but vocal wise, I thought it was a struggle, It lacked that all important control that you definitely showed on the real show and if you find your feet, I think you also, could be a dark horse.. but tonight, im sorry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not very good comments for Craig, has that performance put him in trouble later tonight?

One more time to the girls and at last...she's singing a cover, it's Leona Lewis!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVm1sAJKeJw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona Lewis
    Leona, I could tell you that this was great and beautifully sung but if I’m to be truly honest I can’t. It lacked so much power that I know you are capable of and you turned it into a soft ballad which stayed on one pitch for so long I found it really boring. This song has been overdone so much that if you are to do a version of it, it’s got to be memorable and for me it wasn’t. I hope you get the votes as you deserve your place here but I don’t think you proved it very well tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu's Comment

Leona

Leona I am being quite harsh, even though it`s only show one but it was verging on boring...but your amazing voice seemed to fill up for that so again, good job!!
    Forum Member
    Leona

Leona Leona Leona, I really wasn’t a fan of this tonight. This song has a real jazzy feel to it and that just wasn’t you. There was so much that you could have done tonight and really set yourself up as a big contender for the title but I was honestly left quite disappointed by that performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im going to be honest, you can do so much better but I chose this song because I know how good you can turn it into yours and you've done that. It definitely suited you and only God knows some great great plans I have for you in this competition. Well Done