Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people so surprised about Taylor's number of twitter followers? She was involved in arguably the biggest reality tv story ever that crossed over into the realms of the mainstream news and the media beyond reality tv.

Twitter has zero to do with how many people like you... it's about how many people want to know about you. And Nene Leakes and Bethenny Frankel aside (and to some extent Camille) she's the only housewife with a profile and media attention outside of the normal 'housewives' bubble.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Im catching up on thursday and frodays itv2 bh and im so confused!

Someone on here mentioned that russell died three weeks after filming. I assumed therefore he would feature all this series and then his death would be mentioned on the andy cohen reunion show.

At the start of thursdays ep it shows whats happened previously on the series eg kim and ken, fighting, lisa planning a wedding etc and then a clip of the women discussing russells death! Then the show starts properly.

So was his death mentioned in a previous ep which i must have missed since they showed the women talking about it in a whats happened previously bit, or was that slipped in to let us know russell had died? Surely if he didnt die until filming was finished then taylor will be at the wedding?

The way its put together looks like hes died but theyre all ignoring that fact.

Im so confused i cant watch it properly now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Russell committed suicide in August 2011, just 3 weeks before the show was going to start in the US. The majority of Season 2 had been filmed by that point - I believe Pandora's wedding and the get together at Kyle's house was the only things filmed after. The clip of the HWs talking about his death was slotted into the beginning of the first ep of Season 2 to acknowledge it.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Russell committed suicide in August 2011, just 3 weeks before the show was going to start in the US. The majority of Season 2 had been filmed by that point - I believe Pandora's wedding and the get together at Kyle's house was the only things filmed after. The clip of the HWs talking about his death was slotted into the beginning of the first ep of Season 2 to acknowledge it.

Thank you. Im guessing i missed that ep as i hadnt seen it before.

So presumably they showed that scene to acknowledge his death and then showed the rest in order.

I know its real and not a soap so shouldnt be seen in the same way, but why reveal that he died and then show him? Or are viewers supposed to know hes died so that you feel sorry for him?
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RHW of Atlanta starts on ITV2 from Wednesday. Or is Tuesday? I forget. Anyway it's one of those two.
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The dress is one thing, but what on earth has she done to her face :eek: Obviously it was not only her vagina that her plastic surgeon reconstructed. She has now really gone and lost the plot.
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will ITV2 ever show New Jersey? I have been waiting 2 years for season 3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Thank you. Im guessing i missed that ep as i hadnt seen it before.

So presumably they showed that scene to acknowledge his death and then showed the rest in order.

I know its real and not a soap so shouldnt be seen in the same way, but why reveal that he died and then show him? Or are viewers supposed to know hes died so that you feel sorry for him?
    Well it was national news in the US when he committed suicide and there was a big backlash against the network at the time and there was even talk of cancelling the entire show. But I think they did what was right, they edited him out of the earlier episodes with the first scene at Adriennes house too and they only showed him when it was crucial to the story. It was eerie to see him though knowing what happened :(

I do like Brandi but she does look awful at the Oscars :eek: Has anyone else brought her book?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    kimkam_kim wrote: »
    Well it was national news in the US when he committed suicide and there was a big backlash against the network at the time and there was even talk of cancelling the entire show. But I think they did what was right, they edited him out of the earlier episodes with the first scene at Adriennes house too and they only showed him when it was crucial to the story. It was eerie to see him though knowing what happened :(

I do like Brandi but she does look awful at the Oscars :eek: Has anyone else brought her book?

I found it distasteful at the time watching the show and knowing fully well that this man was dead. It seems like Bravo and Andy Cohen will sink to any level to gain ratings. It worked though! ;)

Brandi Glanville's Oscar dress. :eek: If grabbing people's attention was her intention, it certainly worked. :D

She is now a New York times best selling author! I'm happy for her. She's the only one on the show who actually comes out with a bit of reality, the rest tend to sweep everything under the carpet in the hope is will go away. I.e Kims alcoholism, Taylor's mental issues, and the fact that Adrienne is a complete and utter bitch, void of emotion and treated Paul like crap for years.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know how well the shows on ITV2 are rating?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I found it distasteful at the time watching the show and knowing fully well that this man was dead. It seems like Bravo and Andy Cohen will sink to any level to gain ratings. It worked though! ;)

Brandi Glanville's Oscar dress. :eek: If grabbing people's attention was her intention, it certainly worked. :D

She is now a New York times best selling author! I'm happy for her. She's the only one on the show who actually comes out with a bit of reality, the rest tend to sweep everything under the carpet in the hope is will go away. I.e Kims alcoholism, Taylor's mental issues, and the fact that Adrienne is a complete and utter bitch, void of emotion and treated Paul like crap for years.

Would you have a different opinion on it if the show had it had been one of the other husbands? One who is a loving, family man and devoted husband - who was always portrayed in a positive light? Was it because they actually aired the reality of Russell and Taylor's married life that deemed it distasteful? I know that's a lot of questions, I'm just curious as to how your opinion would differ had it happen to another member of the cast.

I do feel sorry for his children who'll grow up and will inevitably watch this show back, knowing it was such a dark period in their father's life. And it's out there for the whole world to see and judge. I did agree with Camille at the reunion though - it maybe shouldn't have been aired due to the fact Russell could never defend himself over what was being said about him. But I also agree with Taylor - this was her reality and there was another strong message that needed to be heard regarding the abuse.

I do think Bravo and the producers should take some responsibility for driving up the drama, however. The farce that was the White Party reeked of producer intervention. It seemed rather obvious Kyle was encouraged to have the big uninvited scene as the Armstrongs were getting out of their car and almost in her front door to create the drama. In reality, she would've simply made a phone call hours before any preparation had begun - but then that's not particularly exciting for the viewer. I suspect contact between the 2 women had been blocked by a third party just so the cameras could capture this big scene. I found the whole thing to be very humiliating for everyone involved. :o
  • Options
    HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a new lot that is going to be shown on ITV 2 on Sunday at 10.50pm, called Big Rich Texas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heartache wrote: »
    There is a new lot that is going to be shown on ITV 2 on Sunday at 10.50pm, called Big Rich Texas.

Oh god. :o Yes I've watched it, both seasons (it's been on either Style or Bio, I cant remember which)
    It's appalling. Full of over the top biatches who don't gel like The Real Hos. I do wonder why people would want to portray themselves as lacking in any human emotion. It's complete car crash TV. :p Which even I wondered why I was watching the women were so awful.

Now "Dance Moms" I love. :D Cant get enough of that even though I hope it's completely scripted, not real. Those poor kids if it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Would you have a different opinion on it if the show had it had been one of the other husbands? One who is a loving, family man and devoted husband - who was always portrayed in a positive light? Was it because they actually aired the reality of Russell and Taylor's married life that deemed it distasteful? I know that's a lot of questions, I'm just curious as to how your opinion would differ had it happen to another member of the cast.

I do feel sorry for his children who'll grow up and will inevitably watch this show back, knowing it was such a dark period in their father's life. And it's out there for the whole world to see and judge. I did agree with Camille at the reunion though - it maybe shouldn't have been aired due to the fact Russell could never defend himself over what was being said about him. But I also agree with Taylor - this was her reality and there was another strong message that needed to be heard regarding the abuse.

I do think Bravo and the producers should take some responsibility for driving up the drama, however. The farce that was the White Party reeked of producer intervention. It seemed rather obvious Kyle was encouraged to have the big uninvited scene as the Armstrongs were getting out of their car and almost in her front door to create the drama. In reality, she would've simply made a phone call hours before any preparation had begun - but then that's not particularly exciting for the viewer. I suspect contact between the 2 women had been blocked by a third party just so the cameras could capture this big scene. I found the whole thing to be very humiliating for everyone involved. :o

I think many people (including myself) and certainly the other cast members, questioned Taylor's version of events. The fact that she seemed to lie about Russell suing Camille as during the reunion Brandi said she had met Russell and he insisted he was very fond of Camille and Taylor was the one who urged him to send the letter threatening to sue. There's just something about Taylor that doesn't sit right with me. I don't know whether she is lying completely about the abuse she received or whether she was fabricating it more to make her look like the innocent victim because we saw on the show just how volatile she could be after a few drinks.

I suppose it would have been even more distasteful if Bravo had just pulled the plug on Taylor altogether but I for one think she must have insisted the show continued on despite Russell's suicide because otherwise she wouldn't have appeared on the show. I truly think she likes the attention of the reputation of being the woman who's husband killed himself but what was even worse was when she tried to sensationalise it even more by stating she though it could be a murder!

The fact that the show went out and his kids had no say in it whatsoever. Who wants that kind of thing hanging over them when they grow up? People seeing what your mum was saying about your dad and you having to deal publicly with his suicide? It must be heartbreaking to deal with privately but hellish to have to go through publicly like that but I don't think Taylor ever stops to think about anyone but herself.

I agree with you about the white party scenes. Clearly orchestrated for the sake of capturing some drama, but you could argue every scene is exactly the same. Adrienne and Paul made such a fuss over "friends don't sue friends" and then go and do exactly that to Brandi. The good thing about that is, it's captured on film, them being absolute hypocrites. One good thing to come out of the drama that was the white party.

To go back to your original question lol. If it had happened to another cast member under the same set of circumstances, I would think they would want to grieve in peace and shelter their children from the media spotlight. Kennedy was never given such an opportunity and I hope it doesn't backfire on her later on in life when people instantly recognise her for "that kid who's dad beat up her mum and then killed himself". Life's hard enough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    Oh god. :o Yes I've watched it, both seasons (it's been on either Style or Bio, I cant remember which)
    It's appalling. Full of over the top biatches who don't gel like The Real Hos. I do wonder why people would want to portray themselves as lacking in any human emotion. It's complete car crash TV. :p Which even I wondered why I was watching the women were so awful.

Now "Dance Moms" I love. :D Cant get enough of that even though I hope it's completely scripted, not real. Those poor kids if it is.

^^ This. Big Rich Texas is cringeworthy tv at its finest!! I've seen it on style network a few times and it always descends into a catfight.
    Does anyone know if ITV2 plan on showing season 3 of the real housewives of beverley hills? I see Atlanta is starting in the time slot tomorrow. I've grown to love watching the beverley hills lot though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    Not sure if you've all heard this already but Lisa Vanderpump is doing the next series of dancing with the stars. Just came across this article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2284763/Dancing-With-The-Stars-2013-Wynonna-Judd-Lisa-Vanderpump-Kellie-Pickler-lead-way.html
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Can someone PM me a good working link for last nights BH please :)

My usual sites have crap quality links from Justin TV with cuts out 8mins in :(

Please someone help get my BH Dose :(
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heartache wrote: »

That show is crazy! Ive seen quite a few of them, its not something I make an effort to watch- I can never quite decide if I like it or not :o but its certainly got that car crash element to it. The women are vile to each other though, there are some real crazy bitches on that show!

Theres a spin-off thats just started in the US called "Big Rich Atlanta" and Ive actually been quite enjoying that :o Some horrendous characters on that aswell though!

Moving onto Brandi at the Oscars! I love Brandi, and she has a fantastic body, but that dress :eek: Its like, where was the top half?! I work in fashion, and honey, that was not cute! I wanted to just pull it up! Oh and kimkam- Ive bought Brandi's book :p I couldnt resist! Its not been delivered yet, but ill let you know what I think when it arrives!

No Atlanta this week in the US :( I need my fix. I may record the start of season 1 tomorrow on ITV2 and remind myself of Nene the early years! :D The change in Nene from season 1 to now, is really quite something.

Speaking of Atlanta, does anyone know how long we have left of this season (season 5) in the US? I think we are at about ep 16. Im guessing 4 or 5 more eps then the reunion. They should be filming the reunion soon then Id imagine, if they havent already? Do we think Kim will make an appearance? :p She has her spin off starting again soon so I can see her wanting to get some publicity, plus I think Andy Cohen will want her on the reunion in some form anyway.
    Can really say Ive missed her though since she left, Kim checked out ages ago I think. She hasnt seemed that into it for a while.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how well the shows on ITV2 are rating?

Not sure, but i'd imagine well considering they air at least one in the franchise 5 days a week.

I've just caught up on Vancouver and those girls do not dissapoint. Love Oulia and the other new girl from Texas. Amanda though, not so much. Vancouver is really up there with the best of the bunch
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That show is crazy! Ive seen quite a few of them, its not something I make an effort to watch- I can never quite decide if I like it or not :o but its certainly got that car crash element to it. The women are vile to each other though, there are some real crazy bitches on that show!

Theres a spin-off thats just started in the US called "Big Rich Atlanta" and Ive actually been quite enjoying that :o Some horrendous characters on that aswell though!

Moving onto Brandi at the Oscars! I love Brandi, and she has a fantastic body, but that dress :eek: Its like, where was the top half?! I work in fashion, and honey, that was not cute! I wanted to just pull it up! Oh and kimkam- Ive bought Brandi's book :p I couldnt resist! Its not been delivered yet, but ill let you know what I think when it arrives!

No Atlanta this week in the US :( I need my fix. I may record the start of season 1 tomorrow on ITV2 and remind myself of Nene the early years! :D The change in Nene from season 1 to now, is really quite something.

Speaking of Atlanta, does anyone know how long we have left of this season (season 5) in the US? I think we are at about ep 16. Im guessing 4 or 5 more eps then the reunion. They should be filming the reunion soon then Id imagine, if they havent already? Do we think Kim will make an appearance? :p She has her spin off starting again soon so I can see her wanting to get some publicity, plus I think Andy Cohen will want her on the reunion in some form anyway.
    Can really say Ive missed her though since she left, Kim checked out ages ago I think. She hasnt seemed that into it for a while.

I like Brandi too, but her habit of wearing outfits where the top half is way too small, grates on me. She has a lovely face and figure, and is sexy, but wearing a dress that looks as though it could come down or away at any moment is well :confused: cheap. I can't think of a better word. I thought the same of the dress she wore in series 2 to Lisa's SUR launch party, it would have been classy and sexy if the top half had not looked tight and if it had been a bit fuller.
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where can I watch episodes of The Real Housewives online?
    most links I have tried don't work.
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revealed: How Lisa Vanderpump's cougar best friend married her STEPSON in family scandal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2284957/Revealed-How-Lisa-Vanderpumps-cougar-best-friend-married-STEPSON.html
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'I was drinking to cope with the pain and the memories!' Taylor Armstrong admits she DID have an alcohol problem

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2284988/I-drinking-cope-pain-memories-Taylor-Armstrong-admits-DID-alcohol-problem.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) Just finished BH this week. Too late to go into too much detail, but Kyle and Kim confront Trailer Trash whilst Yolande and Lisa reveal they are off to France.
    Lisa and Ken go to stay with Ken's son from his first marriage who is married to Lisa's best friend from when they were both actresses. :D Cougar indeed.

Ken's son is a real chip off the old block. I didn't think there could be two Kens!! :p

All of the HoWives end up in Gay Paree as if 2 are going then why not all? (And Bravo pick up the tab). Adrienne and Taylor are no shows for which Brandi is delighted.

But, quelle horreur! Looks like Kim has fallen off the wagon. :eek:

Dear lawd, Kyle's going to have a field day. She gets to play the "angel of mercy" tending on to her poor drunk sister again. Boy I think she's missed that. :rolleyes:

(Anyone still needing a link, PM me.)