Options

Pointless - quiz show on BBC1 (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recall seeing this, I might play along, but if nobody else does then I probably won't.
  • Options
    kingofscotlandkingofscotland Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Repeats this week and next week, no idea when series 9 will resume :(
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Ryan @johnericryan (Pointless Series Producer) tweeted today that repeats are going out until early September!
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloody hell!
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    awww Well I'm going to watch teh tennis again of Andy winning instead. THAT is a repeat worth watching right now.
    Indeed. Now I know the ending, I can rewatch the final game without having a heart attack. ;)
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    John Ryan @johnericryan (Pointless Series Producer) tweeted today that repeats are going out until early September!
    The lengthy reruns don't do the programme's longevity any favours. brb, removing Pointless from series link :p
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember this little guy. Is he Canadian or American?
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

WHAT?!!!
    This is just pathetic. We wait 2 weeks and now we have to wait until bloody SEPTEMBER?! :mad:

I'm tempted to complain.
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    I remember this little guy. Is he Canadian or American?

Yeah think the other team pinch his answer.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just posted my views on the repeat situation on the POV messageboard. My username is PointlessFan if you are looking for the post. It's under moderation at the moment.

EDIT: It's been approved!
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,839
    Forum Member

Typical Summer viewing. Recorded this, just got home, sat down and very disappointed.

So 8 weeks of repeats coming?
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah think the other team pinch his answer.

...and they don't return in the next prog.Must have been a bit of a rumpus.Anyone know the inside info?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »
    ...and they don't return in the next prog.Must have been a bit of a rumpus.Anyone know the inside info?

His visa expired. :D
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Repeats this week and next week, no idea when series 9 will resume :(

So *that's* why it was clubs Jose Mourinho had managed up to May 2011. And also why I remembered the mix-up over Suriname's capital.

At least I won't have to worry about missing it when I'm in the Canaries.
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    lealeeds wrote: »

They do eventually come back but I think its later in the series. Don't know why he was upset as he said the answer completely wrong.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    i remembered that little american guy but didnt remember this episode, brilliant ending with that surinam answer though i do think alexander would have giving the benefit of doubt to the first guy if he had been an attractive female:D
  • Options
    OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, I find that they can be a bit arbitrary in what answers they allow or don't allow. I seem to remember one show they wouldn't allow an answer that was wrong by someone adding 'The' to the front of a film. Richard said it was because there were still a few left to answer in the round.

However, I remember them allowing a word in the words round that wasn't pronounced right, but because they spelt it out they were allowed the answer. It's like the Weakest Link at times, a contestant would give an answer and depending on the mood, it would be either accepted as an alternative or they would reject it out of hand as totally wrong. Even if the alternative was acceptable as well.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I remembered parts of yesterday's episode, but not much, so it didn't bother me too much. But yesterday and today's episodes of Perfection were shown the week before Wimbledon.
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Phillips - Princess Anne
    Emilio Estevez - Martin Sheen

Great to see Mike Smith on the TV again.
  • Options
    HiMyNameIsHiMyNameIs Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know Lindsay was a unisex name! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    HiMyNameIs wrote: »
    Didn't know Lindsay was a unisex name! :eek:

Lindsey Buckingham

:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Those two women on today's show were effin annoying! I only saw 10 minutes of it but I was yelling at the TV for someone to shut them up.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those two women on today's show were effin annoying! I only saw 10 minutes of it but I was yelling at the TV for someone to shut them up.

They clearly thought they were on an ITV show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must have missed this episode first time around because I don't remember these twin brothers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I must have missed this episode first time around because I don't remember these twin brothers.

I haven't seen any of these early episodes as I only got into the show last year so it's all new for me.

The questions do seem a lot easier.

Bob Marley song : The Redemption Song
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Geoffrey Hughes
This discussion has been closed.