The League Two Thread 15-16

Comments

• ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diabolical performance tonight, that ends any lingering hope of automatic promotion, and going by the radio commentary we will struggle if we're in the play-offs. At half-time there was a call for Pompey Ladies to play the second half:D
  • familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see York are all but down knowing they beat Portsmouth 3-1 Newport got point against Oxford mean York can only reach 42 points same points tally as Newport but York do have worse GD to Newport.
  • alfamalealfamale Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ShaunIOW wrote: »
    Diabolical performance tonight, that ends any lingering hope of automatic promotion, and going by the radio commentary we will struggle if we're in the play-offs. At half-time there was a call for Pompey Ladies to play the second half:D

Bit of a sickener. Never saw that one coming. Think i'll avoid the local paper and pompey messageboards. there's a very vocal minority that will be virtually calling for a public lynching of Paul Cook. Amazing how often the players are rarely the target of the supporters anger at woeful displays like tonight.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like Notts were appalling and showed no fight again in losing 3-1 at Barnet. At this rate we won't hit Mark Cooper's points target

Derry's Cambridge will embarrass us on Saturday after they beat Morecambe 7-0
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oxford are killing me! I really want them to go up - I have always liked them. What has happened to their form?
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,804
    Forum Member
    Bristol Rovers must be pretty confident now with the relegated 2 to play...but then Plymouth probably thought that today!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good win today and pretty much guaranteed a play-off spot - 6 points clear of Cambridge in 8th with 6 points left, but we have a +18 GD over them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgraceful from Notts as we lose 2-1 at home to Cambridge. Considering that Shaun Derry's Cambridge are finishing above us and have beaten us twice, we clearly should never have sacked him. And I can't believe Noble and his 6th red card in 2 seasons, the liability needs to be released

Newport and Carlisle in our last 2 games but I'm not fussed about either of them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see York have been relegation after they lost 3-0 to Accrington but you have to say it was coming for them.

That win for Accrington mean if Oxford or Bristol Rovers lose next weekend and Accrington win then they be promoted to League One and I doubt anyone thought that will happened at start of season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notts win 1-0 at Newport. Sounds like it was a poor game but at least we got the win with the pressure off. Carlisle at home next week to finish an awful season

Automatic promotion goes down to the final day between Oxford, Accrington and Bristol Rovers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Automatic promotion goes down to the final day between Oxford, Accrington and Bristol Rovers

I hope Accrington do it next Saturday to give it other Lancashire teams in League one and it be ground that I wouldn't mind going too. :)

Accrington v Stevenage
    Bristol Rovers v Dag & Red
    Oxford v Wycombe

You have to say Accrington and Bristol Rovers both have easily matches but with Oxford are home I just wonder if that would help them to get over finishes line next Saturday?
  • Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Notts win 1-0 at Newport. Sounds like it was a poor game but at least we got the win with the pressure off. Carlisle at home next week to finish an awful season

All three have on paper straightforward home matches to finish with against teams with nothing to play for.

...but someone always messes up on the last day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good 2-0 win at Hartlepool today to set up a 2 legged dockside derby versus Plymouth in the play-offs.
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED OXFORD ....at Carlisle, FANTASTIC support ...win next Saturday ....if not ...oh well we'll enter the lottery, then who knows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oxford 3-0 Wycombe - Oxford are promotion

Bristol Rovers 2-1 Dag Red - Bristol scored in 92th mins to nick last automatic places off Accrington.

Accrington 0-0 Stevenage - Accrington fail to beat Stevenage and miss out on promotion.

Well done to Bristol Rovers (double promotion) and Oxford on promotion to League one, as for Accrington can they do it through play offs or will they miss out on they great achievement to League one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just back from a guest visit to Accrington, heartbreaking end to the match for the fans and players.

Woodwork hit 4 times in the 2nd half, then Bristol Rovers news came through deep into injury time..
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuffed for Oxford. Unlucky Accrington!
    Forum Member
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Chuffed for Oxford. Unlucky Accrington!

Feet aint touched the ground yet.......thank goodness Brizzle are up as well...too many norven clubs in lg 1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats to Oxford and Bristol Rovers getting double promotion but you have to feel for Accrington

Notts lose 5-0 at home to Carlisle today. Disgraceful end to a disgraceful season. Now Cooper's off to Forest Green as he wasn't offered a new deal by our shambolic owners

What next for Notts?
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did Windass play today for Accrington?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did Windass play today for Accrington?

Struggled a little amidst a game of largely route one football today but clearly a class apart from his team mates, Rangers have poached a real talent.

Was to be his last game today, perhaps still another three to go...?
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howardl wrote: »
    Feet aint touched the ground yet.......thank goodness Brizzle are up as well...too many norven clubs in lg 1

Don't know why you're complaining, you haven't had to deal with travelling to these far northern clubs! Do you know who Swindon's nearest away fixtures were this season? Coventry and Millwall.

Pains me to say but I knew you wouldn't bottle it today. Unfortunately, Accrington did, and that means you're bringing the Irene sh*gg*rs with you; that's all we need (or more to the point, what Wiltshire Police need)!
  • paper_boypaper_boy Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Daggers fan @ the Rovers game.

Really feel for Accrington, for a club their size they've had a superb season & hope they can finish it well in the playoffs. Happened to us 6 years ago so they can too!

I thought we'd done a job on Rovers, but they must have had something just short of 40 shots on goal, so it's hard to argue they didn't deserve the win. Our young defense holding out for as long as they did was amazing enough which gives me a small taste of hope for next season in the National League.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,804
    Forum Member
    Well done to Oxford and Bristol Rovers but heart break for Accy.

Might be hard to pick themselves up for the Play offs
    Forum Member
    Don't know why you're complaining, you haven't had to deal with travelling to these far northern clubs! Do you know who Swindon's nearest away fixtures were this season? Coventry and Millwall.

Pains me to say but I knew you wouldn't bottle it today. Unfortunately, Accrington did, and that means you're bringing the Irene sh*gg*rs with you; that's all we need (or more to the point, what Wiltshire Police need)!
    Carlisle, Hartlepool Accy, Morcambe...over 1000 each time (2,400 at Carlisle)..yes we can handle it but much rather have closer games...I personally don't want to travel too far, i'm getting on now