3D Glasses Question and 3DXL

I just bought an Optoma 3D-XL converter box to attach to my projector & 3D Blu-ray player, the box was sealed but when I examined the 3D glasses I noticed that they had what looked like grease & finger prints around the edges of the actual glass in the glasses, also the battery was already inserted. Don't know if I should complain about this but how clean is the glass when you buy home 3D glasses?

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was indeed brand new fresh out of the factory then i would have expected the glasses to have been cleaned before packing. And it is common for batteries to be left out of equipment. Can't recall ever buying anything with a remote control for example where the batteries were not packed separately.

If I didn't know any better I might be tempted to say it was a resealed pack. perhaps one returned by a previous purchaser, hopefully unused and not because it's cream crackered!
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it does sound like it's a returned item. There's nothing wrong with this but you would expect it to be cleaned and have a new battery not already fitted.
  • lbearlbear Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was sold to you as a new item, return it immediately, explain what you found and demand a new, unused item or a full refund including the costs of returning it (petrol, fares etc)

The retailer has committed an offence by selling previously used stock as new.
  • cudzndripscudzndrips Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Well I sent an email to the stores customer services plus I just rang the store I got it from. Apparently it was a returned item by a customer and was listed as grade a1 (unused/unopened) but I informed the sales person that the glasses were grimey plus a few scratches and they offered to order me a brand new one from thier website to be delivered to the store within the next 3-5 days and I can collect it when it's in, I then just take the one I have with me and exchange it. All-in-all a good outcome (as long as the new one arrives that is).
  • lbearlbear Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argos were caught doing this with cameras - it's not easy claiming something was unused if the camera has somebody else's holiday snaps in memory.

Even if they had classed it as "unopened", it still should not have been sold as new. The speed you got it replaced suggests the shop knew it was trying it on.
    Forum Member
    The store I got it from was Maplin Electronics in Folkestone, Kent. Although it was a customer returned item and that the store didn't advise me of this which was naughty, I am quite happy with the way my enquiry has been handled and the speed it's being rectified so cheffed with that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Glad that you could exchange it. Just keep in mind that retailers are sometimes so busy that they fail to recognize such problems. But not all of them are busy so calling them and letting them know about your problem is one of the best ways. I bought my LG 3D TV recently and I often call the customer service whenever I have questions. As I said, I explain what I need or what I want to do and they will connect me to the right expert and he/she explains what to do.
  • Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    FOA cudzndrips

Would really appreciate your views on the 3DXL once you have it setup, I've been looking at getting this add on for ages, read the reviews which look very good, would be nice to get the views of someone who has first hand experience.

Regards......
    Forum Member
    I've had it set up for a few weeks now and really impressed with it. So easy to use and effective. My projector is connected to the 3DXL which is connected to the 3D Blu-ray player. As soon as you load a 3D disc it detects it and displays the image, at first the image looked blurred but when I pressed the 3D invert button on the projector remote it displayed properly. 3D image quality is outstanding just like the Real 3D at the cinema. No problems so far so can't wait for when Avatar3D finally arrives for retail. Really impressed with the kit, can't believe I have 3D on a big screen in my home.
  • Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    cudzndrips wrote: »
    I've had it set up for a few weeks now and really impressed with it. So easy to use and effective. My projector is connected to the 3DXL which is connected to the 3D Blu-ray player. As soon as you load a 3D disc it detects it and displays the image, at first the image looked blurred but when I pressed the 3D invert button on the projector remote it displayed properly. 3D image quality is outstanding just like the Real 3D at the cinema. No problems so far so can't wait for when Avatar3D finally arrives for retail. Really impressed with the kit, can't believe I have 3D on a big screen in my home.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Kinda backs up all the reviews I have read, they say DLP on the big screen showcases 3D really well, some say it's better than plasma/LCD.

Time to make a purchase I think.

Thanks again.