Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 - US Pace - No Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grawlix wrote: »
    The show creators have always said they wanted to take a mild mannered teacher and make him Scarface. I loved the Scarface reference in this episode (say hello to my little friend)

Good opening to the series but it was over way too soon.

I can see it, there are times where Walt verges on the paranoid schizophrenical.

Walt jnr is an amazing actor, he's one of the stand out performers in the show.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Fantastic opening episode. Hard not to laugh during the magnet-heist scenes :D Walt looked pissed when jnr was talking about Hank being a hero. Looking forward to seeing how that plays out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the 'in the next episode' preview...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6648yhZ2SY

And a sneak peek of a scene with Hank...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROGSaP8MSSQ
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Fantastic opening episode. Hard not to laugh during the magnet-heist scenes :D Walt looked pissed when jnr was talking about Hank being a hero. Looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

Yep, Walts biggest enemy is his ego.

A good first episode. i love this programme.
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if they have completley finished filming Breaking Bad, or are they filming part 2 of Season 5 next year?
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    reaking Bad? I know DS mods mess up at times, but still, good for a laugh :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they have completley finished filming Breaking Bad, or are they filming part 2 of Season 5 next year?

Season 5 part 2/season 6 hasn't been filmed yet :)
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pirouette. wrote: »

haha. It may as well be season 6 if it is not going to be aired till this time next year.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True, but it's better for the network if it's season 5 part 2 instead of season 6... No pesky salary renegotiations for a new season...

[At least, that is the way I understand it to allegedly be regarding Syfy's love of this stupid practice, so I'd assume it's a similar with AMC]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Ive watched every season of Breaking Bad 1-4 and just started season 5 last night episode 1. I am not going to ruin it for anyone here but I'll tell you one thing with every season of Breaking Bad, it gets better and better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    haha. It may as well be season 6 if it is not going to be aired till this time next year.
    Matt D wrote: »
    True, but it's better for the network if it's season 5 part 2 instead of season 6... No pesky salary renegotiations for a new season...

[At least, that is the way I understand it to allegedly be regarding Syfy's love of this stupid practice, so I'd assume it's a similar with AMC]

Ahh so that's what it's about..

I just like to think of it as 2 seasons to fool myself into thinking the series is lasting longer :p
    Ive watched every season of Breaking Bad 1-4 and just started season 5 last night episode 1. I am not going to ruin it for anyone here but I'll tell you one thing with every season of Breaking Bad, it gets better and better.

It certainly does! And welcome to the forum :)
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnr wrote: »
    The problem for people like me who pretty much watched every episode from Season 1 to Season 4 in a week...having to wait a week in between episodes then have a year break part way through is going to kill me!

Me too- watched the first four seasons a few weeks ago... just THIS wait's been bad enough!

Great first ep though. REALLY can't wait to see what levels of Hell this season's gonna reach.
  • Options
    Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    Really good opening episode. Alan Sepinwall's review said it felt like an old school Season One episode in parts, with Walt and Jesse (and Mike) faced with an obstacle and having to come up with an ingenius solution.

But unlike Season One, Walt was full-blown Heisenberg. His arrogance towards Mike when the heist came off, his threatening of Saul, his attitude towards Skylar...
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I thought this thread was deleted and started a new thread
  • Options
    GemofaBirdGemofaBird Posts: 1,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnr wrote: »
    The problem for people like me who pretty much watched every episode from Season 1 to Season 4 in a week...having to wait a week in between episodes then have a year break part way through is going to kill me!

^^^^^^^^this :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking Bad is the best programme ever. Will be gutted when it ends.
  • Options
    IsisIsis Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    The best show on TV just keeps getting better....another superb episode, the repercussions of Gus's death really kicking in now.
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    Pirouette. wrote: »

I only started watching BB a couple of months ago. Watched the first 4 seasons, great show. I am a bit miffed at the way AMC are handling this final season. The first part (6 or 7 episodes) will be this year, and the final 6/7 episodes will be next year. They should have just aired the whole season in one run.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hanks face when the the main DEA guy was talking about it being right under his nose was interesting.
  • Options
    Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ACU wrote: »
    I only started watching BB a couple of months ago. Watched the first 4 seasons, great show. I am a bit miffed at the way AMC are handling this final season. The first part (6 or 7 episodes) will be this year, and the final 6/7 episodes will be next year. They should have just aired the whole season in one run.

Season 5 will be 16 episodes, split into 2 parts of 8.

While I am sure that we all wish they were shown this year, I am not going to moan about AMC, since they are backing one of the best series ever on TV.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »

Well they wanted 5 Seasons, they got it (after first short season) then they wanted an extension to make sure Season 5 covers everything, they were granted that in the form of Extended Season 16 Episodes (three more than usual), which they then decided to split up into two short seasons like Season 1 was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    Isis wrote: »
    The best show on TV just keeps getting better....another superb episode, the repercussions of Gus's death really kicking in now.

"You don't know what you've done..."
    Ataraxia wrote: »
    Hanks face when the the main DEA guy was talking about it being right under his nose was interesting.

The seed has been sown :D

And I think the first crack in the foundation has been created - that sham with Jesse and the cigarette is going to come back and haunt him.

I can't wait till next week.
  • Options
    welshblobwelshblob Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ataraxia wrote: »

Yes although can Hank really be putting the pieces together this early on in the half season? I wonder if Hank will work it out for the cliffhanger at the end of this half season or that will be pushed into the next?

Also thought it was interesting that Hank said the laptops disk was encrypted and so it was highly unlikely that they would have got anything from it. If they had just left the laptop then they wouldn't have got the cayman islands bank account no.s .... or at least got them at this point.

Rob
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    'tis indeed a great show. No spoilers but I just loved the scene with Gus towards the end of Season 4. Absolutely gobsmacking fantastic scene. Had to rewind and watch it again. It was the way you think something, then something else and then WTF???? :D

The UK should be ashamed of itself having only picked up the first two series for Broadcast. I guess some might say it's pro-drugs but I think it's anything but. It's a black, witty and fantastic excercise into brilliant characters is what it is and one of the best things on TV IMHO.