Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Loved
    Regina's "guyliner" comment :D
    Yes. :D
    Re the other,
    it's possible she's in the Enchanted Forest as that would, while connected, be "another world" and the Dark One's origin is from there so as it was the source of all evul itself which had been banished from Rumple, it's possible it took Emma back to the Enchanted Forest to recoup.
    Yes, it could be something like that. I'll see what explanation they offer I'm just hoping it's nothing too tenuous. I'm always wary with fantasy shows as they get into more and more series because one of my pet peeves is fantasy stories contradicting their own "rules" of the universe. :p
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    Yes. :D

Yes, it could be something like that. I'll see what explanation they offer I'm just hoping it's nothing too tenuous. I'm always wary with fantasy shows as they get into more and more series because one of my pet peeves is fantasy stories contradicting their own "rules" of the universe. :p

Like a Golden Age that lasted about 10 minutes perhaps :D
  • Options
    NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like a Golden Age that lasted about 10 minutes perhaps :D
    Ha! >:( Idiots.

But actually more like if a show said 'someone who's astral-projecting can't pick up items' and then a series or two later had a character astral-project and pick something up with either no explanation or just one throw away line. It annoys me because I feel like one of the great things about sci-fi/fantasy is you can set whatever rules you want in the first place, but if you don't then stick to those rules the whole thing starts falling apart.
    In this show one of the most established (and important, given how many plots have revolved around it) rules is that travelling between worlds is only possible through a portal. So if they're going to mess with that they better have a bloody good explanation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha! >:( Idiots.

But actually more like if a show said 'someone who's astral-projecting can't pick up items' and then a series or two later had a character astral-project and pick something up with either no explanation or just one throw away line. It annoys me because I feel like one of the great things about sci-fi/fantasy is you can set whatever rules you want in the first place, but if you don't then stick to those rules the whole thing starts falling apart.
    In this show one of the most established (and important, given how many plots have revolved around it) rules is that travelling between worlds is only possible through a portal. So if they're going to mess with that they better have a bloody good explanation.

I quite agree.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heartbreaking for Hook, Emma's parents and Henry
    For Hook, losing love again that to the dark one (ironic and poetic)
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I've just spent the past three months catching up with Once Upon A Time. Despite being of some interest to me, it'd always slipped under my radar and I somewhat missed it.

Have to say that so far Season 3 was my favourite. The whole Neverland story was quite a refreshing step in a new direction, leading up to the mid-season that was for me the peak of the show so far. Most of Season 3 and Season 4 have been brilliant - a few bumps of quality in the latter but I'm still here now enjoying it a lot :D

Have to admit that I'm not wholly sold or enthused on Camelot for Season 5, but I'll wait to see it before judging. The Dark Swan story interests me though, and I'll admit they do a superb job at keeping the majority of what the series has to offer under wraps.

I'm also not bothered about Merida yet, but then wasn't a huge fan of Brave. Then again I wasn't a huge fan of Frozen either, and I loved what they did with Elsa, Anna and the Snow Queen. So they have my attention at least. I wouldn't mind seeing Elsa et al brought back in future, and would love to see them throw Jack Frost into the story as well - though not for any of this Elsa-shipping malarkey. I think the show could use more male characters at the moment.

One final rambling, I hope they tidy up the cast a little bit as much of Season 4 became a bit convoluted. They brought Sidney back and seemed to go nowhere with it, they brought Zelena back but seem to be playing the long game with her, they brought August back but he's simply there for exposition and turns up randomly - also not addressing what any of this has meant for Geppetto, they brought Maleficent back for a major role but she seems to have just fizzled out a bit. Lets hope some of this gets ironed out a little, as the show is usually superb at keeping track of itself.
  • Options
    dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So - this restarts again in the US on Monday 28th.

Does anyone know if Netflix will be picking this up again like they did with Season 4 and showing the new Episodes from the Wednesday after they'd been shown in the US?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dronkula wrote: »
    So - this restarts again in the US on Monday 28th.

Does anyone know if Netflix will be picking this up again like they did with Season 4 and showing the new Episodes from the Wednesday after they'd been shown in the US?
    I thought it was Sunday 27th?

I was wondering the same thing about Netflix, did a search and couldn't find anything concrete. GeekTown are suggesting that it will follow a similar pattern to S4, but it says TBC so that seems like they're just guessing to me. I suppose we can find out pretty quickly by just waiting a week after the US airing and seeing if it arrives on Netflix.

Also wondering what site(s) people who watch on the US schedule use for streaming? Is there one that has better quality?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was Sunday 27th?

I was wondering the same thing about Netflix, did a search and couldn't find anything concrete. GeekTown are suggesting that it will follow a similar pattern to S4, but it says TBC so that seems like they're just guessing to me. I suppose we can find out pretty quickly by just waiting a week after the US airing and seeing if it arrives on Netflix.

Also wondering what site(s) people who watch on the US schedule use for streaming? Is there one that has better quality?

It is Sunday yep :)
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    News that made me punch the air in delight:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    News that made me punch the air in delight:
    Yay! :)
    Ruby/Red is back too :D should be good!

Not sure that either of those things are spoilers really, but let's play it safe. ;-)
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoping that the airs on Netflix a couple of days after the US showing. If I remember right it was first available on Wednesday's on Netflix.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    On Netflix 30th September 👍.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    On Netflix 30th September 👍.
    Good to know, thanks. :)
  • Options
    Clark2012Clark2012 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    So I was thinking, we know that the show will explore a LGBT relationship in Season 5, and most fans are assuming this will be Mulan/Merida, but the producers also said that we will see Henry's first crush his year. Just me who thinks Henry might be gay/bi?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahh, thought my nas had grabbed a leaked copy of the first episode but it's a behind the scenes show apparently.. boooo!
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished rewatching Season 4 ready for the premiere. Well Excited!!!

It will be interesting to see how dark Emma as The Dark One will be and should they free her from it by the end of the season, will the darkness be destroyed completely or an unexpected new host will be found (Emma was nailed on as his replacement when Rumple was on his way out).
  • Options
    nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to know, thanks. :)

Woohoo :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good opener, albeit borrowing a plot device from previous seasons.

I know they tend to have two seperate stories per season but I certainly think there's enough mileage in this to go the full 22 episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good opener, albeit borrowing a plot device from previous seasons.

I know they tend to have two seperate stories per season but I certainly think there's enough mileage in this to go the full 22 episodes.
    Yes I thought it was pretty good, if a bit formulaic. I am annoyed about the memory loss aspect though, it feels far too repetitive. Will wait to see where they go with it (and how long it takes to resolve) but at the moment I can't see why they needed to do it, you could have had the same dramatic ending just slightly rewritten allowing them to keep their memories.

I really think they will keep Emma dark for the whole series and have just one overarching story this time. My guess is that the first half will be spent with us finding out what's happened in the 6 weeks and the second half will be spent saving Emma.
  • Options
    Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Snow's half exasperated comment of "again" was an acknowledgement by the writers that they've used that route a couple of times before.

Really enjoyed the episode and can't wait to see where it goes.

I managed to spoil myself as to what happened in 4.22 which was a shame, and still not sure how I feel about Dark One Emma, but is is a refreshing change for the show, which although excellent did get very samey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I thought it was pretty good, if a bit formulaic. I am annoyed about the memory loss aspect though, it feels far too repetitive. Will wait to see where they go with it (and how long it takes to resolve) but at the moment I can't see why they needed to do it, you could have had the same dramatic ending just slightly rewritten allowing them to keep their memories.

I really think they will keep Emma dark for the whole series and have just one overarching story this time. My guess is that the first half will be spent with us finding out what's happened in the 6 weeks and the second half will be spent saving Emma.

I think you're right about how the series will play out. I can see the mid-season cliffhanger being the point where she goes full Dark One, so when it picks up again next year, we'll start off at the point where this episode left things as they work out how to save her.

I think this is the third time, technically, they've used memory loss as a main plot device as well.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loved Rumple's little remark about Merida's Scottish accent.

A solid opener.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Snow's half exasperated comment of "again" was an acknowledgement by the writers that they've used that route a couple of times before.
    Yeah, but just because you acknowledge on screen that you're being repetitive doesn't make it ok to do. :p
    I think you're right about how the series will play out. I can see the mid-season cliffhanger being the point where she goes full Dark One, so when it picks up again next year, we'll start off at the point where this episode left things as they work out how to save her.
    Especially as they talked about wanting the 100th episode to be the starting episode after the break, which means this first half is going to be relatively short (I think 9 eps).
    I think this is the third time, technically, they've used memory loss as a main plot device as well.
    Yep. Third time for an ongoing storyline, fourth time if you count Emma and Henry loosing their memories at the end of 3a. I dunno, if it turns out they have a compelling plot that really needed everyone's memories to be lost in order to work then I'll let them off, ;-) I'm just quite sceptical that'll turn out to be the case.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just started watching, good to have it back as its still one of my favourite shows at the moment.

Oh and Regina to Hook - "guy liner" 😆