Options

Marvel Agents of Shield Season 3 (US Pace spoilers tagged)

Comments

• Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I only dip in and out of this show. I've watched some of S1, the last 4 episodes of S2, and Episodes 2 & 3 of Season 3 so, yeah, I'm kind of a genius when it comes to this show.

And I am telling you both, that that is an Earth of some kind. I've called it ... there's no going back now :)

Hehe, I look forward to finding out if you're right Yuffle :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a bit of a mixed episode but overall the good outweighed the slightly dodgy.

The HYDRA plot worked better this week but I wasn't expecting Hunter to get up close and personal with Ward quite so soon or that he'd have already anticipated something going on and put people in place already to take out May as a threat. So, was that the end of Andrew and May's going to go pyscho now for not having had that conversation with him when he offered it and add another layer of guilt onto her shoulders.
    They could be building up for a big showdown which is actually May taking out Ward long term rather than Hunter as he's blown his cover now so will have to return to the S.H.I.E.L.D. fold where he's going to be facing the repercussions of his recklessness in probably getting Andrew killed.
    Interestingly there's various theories going round that Lash is actually Andrew so yeah, that could be amusing.

The Inhumans story moved along nicely too with both Jemma's side of it of wanting to go back to the Planet and Lash's systematic assassination of anyone affected by the terrigen crystals. It will be interesting to find out next week just what happened to Jemma and why she's so desperate to get back.
    The sight of Coulson and Price's respective teams working together was also good, giving the same superb dynamic between Clark Gregg and Constance Zimmer, I could watch those two in a head to head for hours.

Also good to see Alisha back and I liked how they used her power to split herself up and sent one out to find the two Inhumans while she stayed safe within the base. I hope we see more of her.

It was a bit of a confused episode though with the plot lines all converging so hopefully going forward we're going to start seeing some kind of movement on the Inhumans story line and perhaps stick the Hydra one in the background for a while. I don't think Hydra's quite working as the big bad even with Ward in charge although it was bloody brilliant to see him actually freak out when he realised May was there.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Interestingly there's various theories going round that Lash is actually Andrew so yeah, that could be amusing.

I was wondering if Lash was going to turn out to be someone we already knew, never thought about Andrew but it does sort of fit.

It would explain why they didn't actually show if that was his body in the shop and also why he suddenly took off with no explanation when he and May were spending time together.

Plus why he didn't kill Daisy when he had the chance.
    It will be interesting to find out next week just what happened to Jemma and why she's so desperate to get back.

My guess is that she was held prisoner and wants to go back and free others who were also being held.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    +1 I'm another person who thinks Lash is Andrew. The way he sympathises with them and tries pretty hard to keep them out of joining Daisy's team is kinda pointing him to Lash, too. It's intersting how he knows where to locate them.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    The HYDRA plot worked better this week but I wasn't expecting Hunter to get up close and personal with Ward quite so soon or that he'd have already anticipated something going on and put people in place already to take out May as a threat. So, was that the end of Andrew and May's going to go pyscho now for not having had that conversation with him when he offered it and add another layer of guilt onto her shoulders.
    We saw a body, but we didn't see who's body that was, so no, I don't think Andrew is dead.
    Also good to see Alisha back and I liked how they used her power to split herself up and sent one out to find the two Inhumans while she stayed safe within the base. I hope we see more of her.
    Wasn't she one of those truly against Shield (aligned with Skye's mom) last season? Coulson was quick to trust her considering she had intention to kill them all not 6 months ago.
    Corwin wrote: »
    I was wondering if Lash was going to turn out to be someone we already knew, never thought about Andrew but it does sort of fit.
    +1 I'm another person who thinks Lash is Andrew. The way he sympathises with them and tries pretty hard to keep them out of joining Daisy's team is kinda pointing him to Lash, too. It's intersting how he knows where to locate them.
    This thought didn't occur to me, but | suppose it's possible, especially with the look on that Hydra kid at the end; he ran out of that building and ducked behind a car. His look didn't give the impression of achievement, but rather shock. Maybe Andrew turned and killed his attackers, and the kid got away?

If it turns out Andrew is Lash (that would be quite the revelation) then it'll be interesting to see how this progresses, and his reason for the killings. I am not a solid believer of the theory yet though, pretty sure Andrew was on base during one of the Lash outbreaks.
    Corwin wrote: »
    My guess is that she was held prisoner and wants to go back and free others who were also being held.
    If she was held prisoner, then the security at the prison is kind of crap, cause she managed to escape. :p

I think she's got a power of some sort, and that she's not the same person. Maybe she literally isn't the same person and the real Gemma is still there? I was cursing at the tv just after she told Fitz, because we were dropped on a cliffhanger - so close to finding out more...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Wasn't she one of those truly against Shield (aligned with Skye's mom) last season? Coulson was quick to trust her considering she had intention to kill them all not 6 months ago.

I'm guessing that when it was revealed Jaiying was behind the attack, that Alisha may have changed her mind about working with SHIELD.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I really want to know what the story with Gemma is and the alternate earth. The other storylines I couldn't give a toss about but Gemma's one is the only one that gets me excited about watching me t week.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the Professor had a little surprise in store for the Hydra folks at the store, hence the rather frightened look of the newbie leader as he fled.

Don't think that body was him, maybe he's got some special powers.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I really want to know what the story with Gemma is and the alternate earth. The other storylines I couldn't give a toss about but Gemma's one is the only one that gets me excited about watching me t week.
    Well, the reveal was seemingly underwhelming. An entire episode dedicated to nothing but a survival story and the creation of a love triangle (cause we didn't suss that out within the first 10minutes).
    stvn758 wrote: »
    I think the Professor had a little surprise in store for the Hydra folks at the store, hence the rather frightened look of the newbie leader as he fled.

Don't think that body was him, maybe he's got some special powers.
    If speculation is to be believed, the Doctor/Professor is Lash (the inhuman that's going around killing people).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, not much happened there.

It kinda shot my Earth theory down in flames, but Im still clinging onto it.

It must also have been a very cheap episode to make.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who the figure in the storm is and if they will make their way to Earth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I wonder who the figure in the storm is and if they will make their way to Earth.

Unless that planet is Earth which means he/she is already there :)

Mind = Blown right :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that was a fantastic episode even if not much happened to be honest. The wracked up the tension superbly throughout and while I'd thought there had to be a reason why Jemma wanted to go back - i.e. there were other people there - I wasn't expecting the rest of the back story which went along with it.

The idea of the mysterious sandstorm also intrigues me, what's hiding in the middle of it, is it related to the Kree as we know the Monolith was created to combat the Inhuman threat they thought existed towards them.
    Marvel does have
    Mistress Death, they keep dropping not so subtle hints about Hel and the third Thor film is about Ragnarok and the "end of the world" so it could be a build up to introducing that idea and the character of Hela from the wider Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    Either way, the figure and why it's on the planet and just where that planet is, really interests me going forward.

Would very much like to see more of Will, hope they get back and rescue him, he'd be a good fit in the S.H.I.E.L.D team and I think Fitz is quite aware that circumstances put him and Jemma together so while the show may be appearing to set up a "love triangle", I'm not sure it's going to go directly down that root.

I think they made it pretty clear she only gave in to her possible feelings for Will after she'd given up any hope of returning to Earth and to Fitz and she had the whole monologue about her date with Fitz through which we saw her doubts about whether they'd actually be able to be "on a date" rather than just friends.
    I think if Will does make it back, he'll add an interesting dynamic which won't necessarily be the straight up love triangle.

For what was mostly a double header, including a completely new cast member, I was utterly enthralled throughout the episode, definitely one of their best and I'm giving it 8.5 out of 10.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say I wasn't enthralled at all. First episode ever where I've fast forwarded through it a few times just to speed it up. Genuinely felt like it was on for hours.

Poor Fitz. Will he ever get the girl.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member

For what was mostly a double header, including a completely new cast member, I was utterly enthralled throughout the episode, definitely one of their best and I'm giving it 8.5 out of 10.

took some of the quote out but agree with everything you said I loved the ep and I also don't think it will be a typical love triangle scenario but hope he gets rescued and joins shield really liked him from this appearance
  • Options
    MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    took some of the quote out but agree with everything you said I loved the ep and I also don't think it will be a typical love triangle scenario but hope he gets rescued and joins shield really liked him from this appearance

Yeah, I liked Ego the Living Planet, too. I can't wait for Galactus to show. :D
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the latest episode and I thought it was great (probably because Dr. Jemma Simmons is my favourite character) and I also like Will as well,
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with this season and have to say that, after a stunning opening episode it's all gone a bit soap opera again ( budget constraints I assume) and hence boring for me.

And it still feels like it's largely the same themes as last year with the inter departmental rivalry and the Ward Hydra shenanigans. I'm not interested in Ward rebuilding Hydra at all..please move on..It's a nothing story.

Come on Agents..you've shown promises of greatness...deliver !!!
  • Options
    MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »
    Just caught up with this season and have to say that, after a stunning opening episode it's all gone a bit soap opera again ( budget constraints I assume) and hence boring for me.

And it still feels like it's largely the same themes as last year with the inter departmental rivalry and the Ward Hydra shenanigans. I'm not interested in Ward rebuilding Hydra at all..please move on..It's a nothing story.

Come on Agents..you've shown promises of greatness...deliver !!!

But, this could be the prelude to CA: Civil War!
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikeAP001 wrote: »
    But, this could be the prelude to CA: Civil War!

Gawd I hope not !!!!

It's just the usual daft shenanigans that drive me mad...in what world does the kidnapping of little Von Strucker result in him joining your naff organization...only one where soap rules apply.

And then Gemma has found the love of her life but leaves him hanging on another planet for two episodes to drag things out in soapy fashion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »
    Gawd I hope not !!!!

It's just the usual daft shenanigans that drive me mad...in what world does the kidnapping of little Von Strucker result in him joining your naff organization...only one where soap rules apply.

And then Gemma has found the love of her life but leaves him hanging on another planet for two episodes to drag things out in soapy fashion.

Fairly sure Will's not the love of Jemma's life and we're unlikely to see a convential love triangle.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never had the theory myself but did read it so it was nice to see that Andrew actually is Lash, it makes you wonder why he hates inhumans so much though.
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I never had the theory myself but did read it so it was nice to see that Andrew actually is Lash, it makes you wonder why he hates inhumans so much though.

Maybe he's projecting his own self hatred at what he's become onto other inhumans and thats why he's exterminating them. Could also be because of the way that inhuman child turned May into a broken woman back in Beirut, leading to her and Andrew's separation in the first place. It seems inhumans have had a detrimental effect on Andrews life one way or another for a long time now. Skye/Daisy/Quake is exempt from his executions because of how important she is to May. Andrew knows May would never forgive him for killing her protegé.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    Maybe he's projecting his own self hatred at what he's become onto other inhumans and thats why he's exterminating them.
    Could also be because of the way that inhuman child turned May into a broken woman back in Beirut, leading to her and Andrew's separation in the first place. It seems inhumans have had a detrimental effect on Andrews life one way or another for a long time now. S
    kye/Daisy/Quake is exempt from his executions because of how important she is to May. Andrew knows May would never forgive him for killing her protegé.

That's my theory as well, he resents what's happened to him which, presumably, occurred during his time with May went they went off to wherever it was for their holiday and the Terrigen in the water transformed him.

He's seen the damage Inhumans have done at first hand and even though I do believe he is a good man at heart, it seems he's a bit "Hulk-ish" in that he's transforming during extreme circumstances where a heightened emotion exists.

Really glad they haven't dragged out the reveal as well, although they're going to be able to ramp up the tension now of Andrew being "on the inside" at S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Also going to be cracking to see how May reacts and where they go with this storyline as they had Lash set up as the big bag for the Season.

Overall, it was another good episode, interesting developments at the ATCU, how much of what Rosalind revealed is the true reasoning behind what's going on there and I'm glad they didn't go down the route of having someone from her organisation be Lash.

The HYDRA story moved on minutely, interesting that Powers Boothe's character has been splitting opinion on whether he has nothing to do with his small bit part role in Avengers as a World Security Council member or whether it's supposed to be the same person and there was a high up sleeper agent directing Nick Fury.

Interestingly, it was the 50th episode of Agents of SHIELD. I'd have thought they'd have made a bigger deal out of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too late to edit above but there's a cool 50th episode interview thing here.