Flash Season 2 Uk Pace (no Spoilers)

Comments

• YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    So Sky 1 won't be showing Flash until the 2nd March!

That's a load of balls. Not that it affects me but there's no reason Irish and UK viewers should have to wait an extra 6 weeks to see this when there was only a week gap before Christmas.

I sincerely hope EVERY viewer in Ireland and UK pirates this (and Arrow and Legends as their dates are March too)
  • jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a serious note.

In the comics Earth 3 is where all the heroes on Earth 1-2/Most others are villians and the villians there are good.

Example
    Flash is Johnny Quick.
    Superman is Ultra Man.
    Batman is Owlman (And not Bruce but his brother Thomas Jr)
    Green Lanturn is Power Ring

Joker is Jokester.
    Riddler is Quizmaster

Not going to list all but that's the idea.

Suppose some could be from Earth 3.

Maybe we will get Good Barry vs Evil Barry

Havn't read the comics but i can imagine it will be interesting to see if they include the evil dopplegangers into the fold.
  • jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    That's a load of balls. Not that it affects me but there's no reason Irish and UK viewers should have to wait an extra 6 weeks to see this when there was only a week gap before Christmas.

I sincerely hope EVERY viewer in Ireland and UK pirates this (and Arrow and Legends as their dates are March too)

I thought that they might have tried to get Legends in before the other 2 shows come back and it is getting to near the end of January to which they promised that we would have seen it by now as Sky 1 has been advitising it as starting in January.
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »

Except there may well be gaps in US broadcast in future weeks and Sky don't want to have to mess around with their scheduling.

I sincerely hope the majority do not pirate these series or we won't see them or similar shows on these shores.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    So Sky 1 won't be showing Flash until the 2nd March!
    That is really disappointing.

Sky used to be good at showing things soon after the US.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    That is really disappointing.

Sky used to be good at showing things soon after the US.

I think they have done this for the last few seasons of Arrow so that they can show them straight through to the end without any breaks, whereas the US will have a few more yet.
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We missed season 2 pt one....where can we catch up on it before pt 2? It's not showing on sky catch up...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We missed season 2 pt one....where can we catch up on it before pt 2? It's not showing on sky catch up...

I think it's probably expired by now. Catch-up for an episode is normally only available for 30 days after the initial broadcast.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barry Allen will be appearing in a forthcoming episode of Supergirl which means that all four DC shows are part of the same "universe"

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/03/flash-supergirl-crossover-cbs-cw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing that the alternate Earth storyline is the reason this is happening otherwise it wouldn't make sense that Supes has never been mentioned in The Flash/Arrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    I'm guessing that the alternate Earth storyline is the reason this is happening otherwise it wouldn't make sense that Supes has never been mentioned in The Flash/Arrow.

Or it might be that the makers of Flash/Arrow realised that if Supes, or indeed Bats was mentioned on either show it would only be a matter of time before people started to demand that they should appear on the shows
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Or it might be that the makers of Flash/Arrow realised that if Supes, or indeed Bats was mentioned on either show it would only be a matter of time before people started to demand that they should appear on the shows
    That's true but it'll be interesting too see if they explain Supes being mentioned so much in Supergirl and not at all in the other 2 shows if it's the same Earth.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Most of the reports on this Flash/Supergirl crossover seem to believe it's to do with the fact that Flash does use the multi universe in its show unlike Arrow!

It would make sense to have Barry travel to the universe that is shown on Supergirl so to keep the shows seperate but still connected!

I do wonder how this will be effected on Sky 1 scheduling of both shows as Flash will be further ahead than Supergirl which starts later so they could be referencing the crossover in Flash but Sky viewers would not see the episode until a few months later!
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    They have been mentioned in passing in the lead up to the Legends of Tomorrow spin off but only as the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight (from memory). They've not been directly referenced by name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the reports on this Flash/Supergirl crossover seem to believe it's to do with the fact that Flash does use the multi universe in its show unlike Arrow!

It would make sense to have Barry travel to the universe that is shown on Supergirl so to keep the shows seperate but still connected!

I do wonder how this will be effected on Sky 1 scheduling of both shows as Flash will be further ahead than Supergirl which starts later so they could be referencing the crossover in Flash but Sky viewers would not see the episode until a few months later!

Maybe Sky1 could get some special dispensation to show the Supergirl episode in question the week before the Flash episode where Barry mentions having visited National City
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky One are re-showing the first part of season 2 on the 15th Feb at 2pm and they're showing 2 episodes each day. So you might want to set it on series record if you still need to watch it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminder that The Flash is back on Tuesday
  • TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey all! I was very happy to see the Flash back last night! I loved Potential Energy! I have a question about the music.In one scene there was a Billie Holiday song playing. The credits say it is "This Year's Kisses". I don't think it was that particular song. Did the British airing use a different song by Billie Holiday?
  • batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is the Flash going to beat Zoom when the Turtle caused him problems.

More importantly, what is the point of Wally. He turns up on the doorstep then just acts all bitchy and boo hoo poor me with no dad. Hope he gets killed soon, didn't care for the storyline and care even less now he's turned up.
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,053
    Forum Member
    All this talk of the Turtle felt like an extra long Keith Lemon sketch. :D

Nice of Caitlin to make the discovery that Jay is dying all about her.

Maybe it's because it's been off for a while, but it was very noticeable how they made some really tenuous leaps of deduction when figuring out where 'The Turtle' was hiding.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Did anyone notice that Reverse Flash had a computer hologram called Gideon? Isn't that the same computer hologram in Legends of Tomorrow?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that Reverse Flash had a computer hologram called Gideon? Isn't that the same computer hologram in Legends of Tomorrow?

Yes and Gideon was also the computer that Wells/Reverse Flash used in season 1
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »

Gideon is an Artificial Intelligence created by Barry Allen at some point in the future (stated in Flash Season 1 ep20.)

Edit
    Gideon is voiced by Morena Baccarin apparently (never knew that). The Gideon in LoT is voiced by someone else though.