Options

What are your predictions for the Title run in

owen10owen10 Posts: 128,062
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Well im going for Leicester to both win their home games and get a point at Man United and Chelsea and think that would be enough for the title. What are your predictions for the title run in

Comments

• Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,054
    Forum Member
    Still think Leicester will do it, just about. I can't see Spurs winning at the Bridge so if that proves to be the case then as long as Leicester win their two home games the title will be theirs.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do think it will go to the last day with Leicester needing a point at the brdge
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal will finish 4th. I think you can take them comment and apply it to any season you like past or future :)

Looking at the fixtures I think Leicester are likely to pick up 6 points at Swansea and Everton. I don't see Spurs winning all 4 games with both Chelsea and Southampton to play. I think they will win the title on the 7/8 th of May.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it'll be Spurs now.

Spurs to win their last four games.
    Leicester to draw at home to Swansea and Everton, lose at UTD and draw at Chelsea.
  • Options
    All Of MeAll Of Me Posts: 2,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leicester will still win it.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still going for Leicester to win it but my mischievous side can't help thinking how funny it would be if they blew it now. Sorry Leicester fans. ;-)

Squeaky bum time now though, whatever happens, after the weekend results.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spuds by GD.
  • Options
    CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    Dixon wrote: »
    I think it'll be Spurs now.

Spurs to win their last four games.
    Leicester to draw at home to Swansea and Everton, lose at UTD and draw at Chelsea.

Leicester have won picked up 20 points from 24 and now won't win another game?

Still think Leicester are overwhelming favourites. Beat Swansea like they should and can't see them losing it
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if Spurs win their remaining games they'll be champs. I don't think Leicester will get 8 more points. They need Spurs to slip up.

Hope Leicester do it though.
  • Options
    NiteOwl12NiteOwl12 Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    The only time in their last six matches Leicester have conceded a goal was when they were reduced to 10 men. I think Leicester will draw a couple of matches, Spurs will lose to Chelsea, and I will have been wrong back in February when I said my heart says Leicester, but my head says Spurs. Leicester to complete a great sporting story. Spurs to build a dynasty if the owners run the club wisely.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see beyond Leicester, it would be a far worse slip than we have seen in a title race before, if they don't win it from here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't see beyond Leicester, it would be a far worse slip than we have seen in a title race before, if they don't win it from here.

I'm pretty sure they're in an identical position to United in 2012?
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tottenham need to draw just one game and Leicester then need 2 wins out of 4 games to win which feels like an acheivable target whereas 8 points from 4 games now seems beyond them.

But I can't see Tottenham dropping any more points, not after Spurs 3 Man Utd 0 and Stoke O Tottenham 4.

Chelsea is Tottenham's toughest game on paper but they just lost 0-3 at home to Man City and I can well see them do the same against Tottenham.

So I have to say Tottenham for the title. I'd be happy for them after living in Arsenal's shadow for so long, but very sad for Leicester.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Tottenham need to draw just one game and Leicester then need 2 wins out of 4 games to win which feels like an acheivable target whereas 8 points from 4 games now seems beyond them.

But I can't see Tottenham dropping any more points, not after Spurs 3 Man Utd 0 and Stoke O Tottenham 4.

Chelsea is Tottenham's toughest game on paper but they just lost 0-3 at home to Man City and I can well see them do the same against Tottenham.

So I have to say Tottenham for the title. I'd be happy for them after living in Arsenal's shadow for so long, but very sad for Leicester.

Agree entirely with all of that.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    It's very close. There's going to be more twists and turns, agonising for Leicester and Spurs fans.

I keep thinking Leicester would fade away, but they keep defying the odds, It would be cruel if Vardy's ban means all their good work is undone and they are pipped to the post.

I think Leicester will get seven out of a possible 12 points. I think Spurs, despite how good they were yesterday, won't win their remaining four and will come unstuck somewhere. It reminds me of Arsenal's late run in 1999.........did enough to take it to the final day, but lost 1-0 to Leeds. All it takes is one bad performance.

Whichever team misses out will rightly feel aggrieved, none more so than Leicester. At least Spurs will hold on to their manager and players, but I worry Leicester's team will just get ripped apart. Plus for both teams, it's unlikely City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and heck even Arsenal will be this poor next season, so expect a tighter title race.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's very close. There's going to be more twists and turns, agonising for Leicester and Spurs fans.

I keep thinking Leicester would fade away, but they keep defying the odds, It would be cruel if Vardy's ban means all their good work is undone and they are pipped to the post.

I think Leicester will get seven out of a possible 12 points. I think Spurs, despite how good they were yesterday, won't win their remaining four and will come unstuck somewhere. It reminds me of Arsenal's late run in 1999.........did enough to take it to the final day, but lost 1-0 to Leeds. All it takes is one bad performance.

Whichever team misses out will rightly feel aggrieved, none more so than Leicester. At least Spurs will hold on to their manager and players, but I worry Leicester's team will just get ripped apart. Plus for both teams, it's unlikely City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and heck even Arsenal will be this poor next season, so expect a tighter title race.

Yeah Liverpool in 14 looked completely odds on, went on an absolute mad winning run then came unstuck v chelsea's reserves.

Just cannot see it being a straighforward 4 handy spurs wins like some are speculating

I think they'll have to really end up grinding out one or two of them
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leicester

Swansea D
    Man Utd L
    Everton W
    Chelsea W

Spurs

WBA W
    Chelsea D
    Southampton W
    Newcastle W

spurs win title on goal difference :)
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    leicester

Swansea D
    Man Utd L
    Everton W
    Chelsea W

Spurs

WBA W
    Chelsea D
    Southampton W
    Newcastle W

spurs win title on goal difference :)

Not with those predictions of yours they're not. You have Leicester on 80 points and Spurs on 78. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm amazed the amount that think Leicester will draw with Swansea tbh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sattrega wrote: »
    Not with those predictions of yours they're not. You have Leicester on 80 points and Spurs on 78. :p

i am assuming leicester get deducted 2 pts for breaking ffp laws during their promotion seasons:D

ok spurs to beat chelsea and win on gd!

or everton to also get a draw vs leicester

ccg-i just think without vardy they mgiht struggle to break through vs swansea. and if they aint leading by 70th min they might panic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i am assuming leicester get deducted 2 pts for breaking ffp laws during their promotion seasons:D

ok spurs to beat chelsea and win on gd!

or everton to also get a draw vs leicester

ccg-i just think without vardy they mgiht struggle to break through vs swansea. and if they aint leading by 70th min they might panic.

Swansea have long packed up though

Of course they could drop points but the fact so many are calling it i find unusual.

Mahrez playing off ulloa will cause plenty of problems
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CGG_12 wrote: »
    Swansea have long packed up though

Of course they could drop points but the fact so many are calling it i find unusual.

Mahrez playing off ulloa will cause plenty of problems

im letting my heart rule my head a lil bit because i dont want leicester to win it. so take that into account

swansea were on good form till recent loss, they could spring an upset. i think ranieri will play okazaki with ulloa. will work well too no doubt. but like i said its crunch time of season. no lead going into last 25 and players might start to doubt themselves or try too hard etc.

all just speculation of course
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CGG_12 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they're in an identical position to United in 2012?

Pretty similar thinking back, I think United were 8 points ahead of City with 5 games left. Then there was that that 4-4 against Everton at Old Trafford after Man U were 3-1 and 4-2 up, City won their corresponding fixture to narrow the gap and the rest is history.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    I'll bite.

Remaining fixtures:

Spurs v W Brom, Leicester v Swansea - both routine home wins, no real likelihood of an upset unless Leicester do suddenly fold at the enormity of what's about to happen. Both sides + 3 pts, gap still 5 at 71 / 76.

Spurs at Chelsea, Leicester @ ManU. Both tough. Spurs get a point, Leicester lose. 72 / 76.

Spurs v Soton, Leicester v Everton. Home win apiece, Spurs easy win, Leicester scrape another 1-0, 75 / 79 pts. The title is Leicester's, with a game to go.

Newcastle & Chelsea matches on final day. Who cares, it's won. :)

Boils down to which Chelsea turn up v Spurs, and if they fold v Spurs like they did v Man C on Sat will they do Leicester the same honour on the last day?
  • Options
    Lawro2Lawro2 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fully expect Leicester to win the title, Spurs second and flick a coin as to whether Man City or Arsenal finish 3rd.