Selena Gomez - Music Video of the Year?

DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They made more effort into the video than the actual song... And a good video is nothing to write home about.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why am I beginning to warm to Selena...? This can't be happening...:(:D
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I expected more from the video than what I got because of this thread title :rolleyes: :D but it's really good, her dancing is great and it sells the song well! I wish Demi got the same music video budget as Selena :(.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Selena's video is all that expensive though. It's basically all filmed outside in a Californian field and lake, right?
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    I don't think Selena's video is all that expensive though. It's basically all filmed outside in a Californian field and lake, right?

It's not just the location that costs. Selena obviously hired a very good director, and that comes at a price, plus editing, equipment etc.

It's high budget, especially with the water scenes which would have required extra logistics and ultimately cost. That being said, the video while visually stunning, is quite boring I find, as nothing really happens...it sort of reminds me of a cross between Rihanna's WHYB and Only Girl videos, but in a good way.

Either way, I like the song and wasn't expecting this from Selena, it looks like she's another Disney star to transition into a more mature pop artist.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the video is not that great.:o i prefer demi and miley vocally, but selena is strikingly beautiful. while miley seems to be morphing into pink image wise and demi reminds me of kelly clarkson for some reason, selena seems to have an image that sets her apart.
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Selegend slayed my soul :D
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    the video is not that great.:o i prefer demi and miley vocally, but selena is strikingly beautiful. while miley seems to be morphing into pink image wise and demi reminds me of kelly clarkson for some reason, selena seems to have an image that sets her apart.

I've read people saying that Selena is Britney and Demi was Christina :eek:
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've read people saying that Selena is Britney and Demi was Christina :eek:

yeah, i don't expect people to agree with my comparisons, they're just my observations image wise. i do think miley is looking a lot like pink lately though. image wise i cant see the britney comparison, but i guess they all have the disney background.

speaking of britney, i was shocked by this picture she posted on facebook earlier from her shape magazine shoot. she looks amazing.:eek:
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    yeah, i don't expect people to agree with my comparisons, they're just my observations image wise. i do think miley is looking a lot like pink lately though. image wise i cant see the britney comparison, but i guess they all have the disney background.

speaking of britney, i was shocked by this picture she posted on facebook earlier from her shape magazine shoot. she looks amazing.:eek:

Its more that Selena could be seen as th bigger star than Demi while not being as talented, vocally at least.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't even close to video of the year. It's not even the best to come out so far, but for Selena it's good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I don't like her tbh and I'm not interested in her music, but I have to give credit where it's due. This video is epic! It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's one of the most well produced and well executed videos I've seen all year. Good for her! :cool:
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's so hot, isn't she? Come & get me, Selena :o