Options

Cheryl emerges after Gamu axe... as judges arrive at the studios ahead of Saturday

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    What is Cheryl doing there? How dare she show her face after that despicable inicident when she showed her opinion! :D

I know! :mad: i'm outraged that she would actually appear to be smiling as well, as if appearing in public wasn't bad enough :(...the cheek of it :mad:How dare she! HOW DARE SHE?!

Lads, i'm thinking if she has the cheek to crack a smile on Saturday we should call OFCOM. This is a big society. Together we can do something about this!!!
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    I don't wish to speak for other people but IMO it was a good idea if the recipient was satisfied with his present and it appears he was. From a PR perspective, I think it's pretty irrelevant. If they weren't moaning about the the singing dwarves, the same people would be complaining that she was smiling or didn't dress all in black with a "Save Gamu" sticker on her chest.

Yes, from the PR perspective the main point is that the people who are going to take umbrage at the dwarves are people who don't like Cheryl anyway—any excuse to slag her and they will. The vast majority who take notice of the incident will either be neutral or think it amusing. So essentially it's irrelevant to Cheryl's public image.
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boxfresh wrote: »
    Alesha Dixon is a television personality on one of the most watched shows on the country (Strictly Come Dancing). Hasn't stopped her pop career from stalling, since she was villified for weeks for taking the place of Arlene Philips. It hurt Alesha big time....till then, everyone seemed to have nothing bad to say against her.

We are talking about Cheryl as a pop star, not Cheryl as a celebrity. People pay out of their pockets to support popstars, in a way the don't neccesarily do for "celebrities". I doubt Cheryl's career as a "celebrity" will be affected. She's always good tabloid fodder. But record sales...different matter entirely.

Then again, I'm probably wrong, as you seem to work for a ridiculously overconfident PR outfit:D;)

A.Dixon was never a huge star anyway imo, Decent singer and dancer but not great and her music is always a downgrade to her actual ability.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    She will never be welcome there again. I guess Leona will get the Mugabe funeral gig now.

Or lets really kick her in the teeth and give the gig to Nadine :eek:
  • Options
    cloudfactorycloudfactory Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mountain out of molehill. who cares about some benefit cheat who's about to be expelled from the country? we need the lot of them out of the uk. cheryl made the right choice and thats the end of it.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised Cheryl has the nerve to show her face in public after what she did to that girl, our nation and the nation of Zimbabwe. Disgusting.

Time to give it a rest and move on I think! Cheryl is a good judge and does not deserve all this nastyness! Cheryl was only doing her job and it was her opinion. Why people are getting their knickers in a twist over such a silly thing I dont know. We are a week on and everybody now knows about the Visa problem. The public do not get a vote until the live stages so all of this is quite ridiculous now!

Dramatic or what!
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mountain out of molehill. who cares about some benefit cheat who's about to be expelled from the country? we need the lot of them out of the uk. cheryl made the right choice and thats the end of it.[/QUOTE

Spot on. Some of the comments about Cheryl are out of order and ridiculous. Cheryl was only doing her job and as she has won two years on the trot I think that she knows what she is doing! Still loving Cheryl and sick of the silly remarks about her and ruining Gamu life!]
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    phasers wrote: »
    A dwarf band... errr ok

Yes interesting;)
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Who are Cheryl Cole "Haters"? Does anyone on here actually know her?

Far from being a hater, I am a "couldn't give a flying toss about her or any other X Factor judger"

I am also a "heartily sick of reading about Cheryl Coler"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The comedy in this thread is hilarious.

Cheryl is as tough as old leather boots, this negative press will bounce off her. I am so glad she is getting on with matters at hand. Entertaining me on a saturday night. lol
  • Options
    iloathedanniiiloathedannii Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orchid50 wrote: »

Cheryl is as tough as old leather boots, this negative press will bounce off her. I am so glad she is getting on with matters at hand. Entertaining me on a saturday night. lol

You obviously don't appreciate "the gravity of the situation."
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at iloathedannii.

Roll on Saturday night, this forum will be mental.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I am intrigued - in what way does she "entertain"?

Making vacuous comments about pre-selected acts on a TV show?

Are you sure you haven't confused her with someone talented, amusing and entertainiong?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »

Are you sure you haven't confused her with someone talented, amusing and entertainiong?

A bit opinionated for someone who "doesn't give a flying toss," don't you think?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thread with a high 'wooooosssssshhhhhh' factor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »

Hello there, I did say she entertains me, not sure about anyone else.

Cheryl is just fabulous in my eyes. I love X Factor and the entertainment it brings me and quite a few million others too.
  • Options
    minnie1957minnie1957 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    I wonder if any of the newspapers have a photograph of Cheryl dragging these poor wee men along by the hair of thier head and horsewhipping them until they sang happy birthday........................
  • Options
    BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You obviously don't appreciate "the gravity of the situation."
    :D:D:D

Well it seems Cheryl obviously does now, even if some of her more complacent fans don't.:D

It's all over the press today that Cheryl has asked the X-Factor producers to make time on the weekend show to absolve her of responsibility for the whole Gamu thing. So I expect Cheryl will be fluttering her eylashes and making some speech about "I really loves Gamu, pet. It was the Visa".

If it was no big deal, that would obviously blow over, why would Cheryl give a damn about acknowledging it on the show? She'd just ignore it. She wants to make a big announcement on the show, to let the public know she's not at fault. Bit extreme, seeing as how most of her fans think it'll all come to nothing. She's worried for good reason. Her elevated career is more dependent on her reputation and "likability" (as well as her looks) than anything else. Cheryl exists in her position at the mercy of the public, and she knows it.
  • Options
    mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    mountain out of molehill. who cares about some benefit cheat who's about to be expelled from the country? we need the lot of them out of the uk. cheryl made the right choice and thats the end of it.

and you know for sure that Gamu is a benefit cheat? what benefits was Gamu claiming then? She was still at school so would love to know how she was able to claim benefits. As for her mum. She was working as a nurse and was paying tax. The tax office were the ones who said she was entitled to tax credits. Oh and Gamu and her mother were in this country LEGALLY for the past 8 years. They are not illegal immigrants or benefit scroungers.
  • Options
    caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at iloathedannii.

Roll on Saturday night, this forum will be mental.

Well maybe but I won't be watching as I am NEVER watching again!
    (what time does it start by the way;))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    minnie1957 wrote: »
    I wonder if any of the newspapers have a photograph of Cheryl dragging these poor wee men along by the hair of thier head and horsewhipping them until they sang happy birthday........................

I loved the comment on Holy Moly - Simon "just put them away with the others":D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caz789 wrote: »
    Well maybe but I won't be watching as I am NEVER watching again!
    (what time does it start by the way;))

I'm joining you in your boycott (though Sky+ing doesn't count as watching, right?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all over the press today that Cheryl has asked the X-Factor producers to make time on the weekend show to absolve her of responsibility for the whole Gamu thing.

One story in the ahem, Mirror, quoted in the, ahem, DM is hardly "all over the press."

Even the Star passed on this one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it seems Cheryl obviously does now, even if some of her more complacent fans don't.:D

It's all over the press today that Cheryl has asked the X-Factor producers to make time on the weekend show to absolve her of responsibility for the whole Gamu thing. So I expect Cheryl will be fluttering her eylashes and making some speech about "I really loves Gamu, pet. It was the Visa".

If it was no big deal, that would obviously blow over, why would Cheryl give a damn about acknowledging it on the show? She'd just ignore it. She wants to make a big announcement on the show, to let the public know she's not at fault. Bit extreme, seeing as how most of her fans think it'll all come to nothing. She's worried for good reason. Her elevated career is more dependent on her reputation and "likability" (as well as her looks) than anything else. Cheryl exists in her position at the mercy of the public, and she knows it.

If I ever want to blow up a tin of beans with a nuclear warhead I'll know I can count on you. ;)
  • Options
    caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angel Dust wrote: »
    I'm joining you in your boycott (though Sky+ing doesn't count as watching, right?)

So long as you don't tell anyone, no ;)