New Martin

13»

Comments

• shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    I think you are or you're just not very bright.

You think that because Linda didn't treat Sonia sensitively that she deserves no sympathy for being raped. Sonia brought on her injury herself through her own stupidity and shallowness. Your argument that Sonia deserved compassion is laughable. The only horrible people in that room were Sonia and Tina. Loathsome pair deserve each other.

He hates Linda - he's not remotely balanced when it comes to talking about her. Best to ignore. It was another trust violation that set Linda off - if people weren't so blinkered they would have seen that. Hell, she said it pretty clearly.

Sonia stole CHARITY money to appease her own vanity, then she checked herself out of hospital, then she broke up her marriage and then played the victime. Poor widdle Sonia...so hard done by.

I hope her job hears that she had sticky fingers with a charity. May as well give her something to really be a victim about.
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for that. I'm looking forward to seeing Sonia's face when she realises the grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence. Tina works in a cafe and is an idiot with the mental age of a teenager. If Sonia thinks she'll have a more fulfilling relationship with her she's deluded.
  • dwswhsdwswhs Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I like him, I think the point where I thought he was really was Martin was when he took over the stall and smiled at Kat and Mo. My mind went that't it haha.
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed James Bye's height too. Maybe the people he had scenes with tonight were just much shorter, but he seemed like a giant around everyone.

I have a good opinion of him so far. Martin was always a pretty low-key guy, and James stayed true to that. Hopefully he can show more range if his scenes call for it down the road, but I'd say the recast seems to be a good one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't need more range. Martin is an ordinary guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't need more range. Martin is an ordinary guy.

So "ordinary guys" don't get excited, angry, jealous, scared, or sad?
  • noodkleopatranoodkleopatra Posts: 12,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I was quite skeptical - to be honest, I wasn't really that bothered by Martin returning at first. But from what I've seen so far of the new guy, I have nothing against him. Quite liked the look on his face as he got back on the market stall, but I'm a sucker for all that 'reference to the old days' stuff. I'm willing to back the new actor. It's probably a tad daft to be judging him on one episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eejm wrote: »
    So "ordinary guys" don't get excited, angry, jealous, scared, or sad?

Is that what you meant? Bit early to judge him on that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that what you meant? Bit early to judge him on that.

By the fact that he doesn't "need range." Range is needed for an actor to play any part. He needs to be able to emote.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I really like him. He's got the same mannerisms, accent, voice, expressions and general hunkiness. I'm glad they managed to replace James A with James B instead of Nonentity Z.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    True but she didn't tackle it appropriately considering Sonia's health. Pam cared and was going to check on sonia out of care initially but linda went In all guns blazing at a vulnerable ill woman. How can sonia even defend herself with her being a insensitive bitch. Hope sonia doesn't give a shit about her rape. Linda doesn't deserve sympathy for the type of person she is. She treated johnny, Denise sonia and dean (although he did rape her) like scum. Can't stand her and everyone has to now Dow. To her and everyone is beneath her in her eyes.

Dean is a scumbag rapist! I can understand you don't like Linda because you love Johnny and she didn't react well when he said he is gay but I think the rape comments are uncalled for.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Easy on the eye and need guys around his age on the show so not a bad addition. Find it odd that they cast him only to break him and Sonia up immediately, thought we'd have a bit more build up!
    Tbf Sonia's been saying for a while that she isn't happy with their marriage. She's confided in Carol, Tina and Linda about it over the last few months. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [Never mind.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked him. I'd rather he stayed and Sonia and her clown pissed off to be frank. When is he coming back?
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
    Forum Member
    I liked him. I'd rather he stayed and Sonia and her clown pissed off to be frank. When is he coming back?

Youve no love for Queen Sonia and her triumphant return?!:o;-)
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Youve no love for Queen Sonia and her triumphant return?!:o;-)

Appalling woman:o

Her selfishness knows no bounds. Good old Pauline had her worked out a decade ago. Martin should have listened to his mum:(
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
    Forum Member
    Appalling woman:o

Her selfishness knows no bounds. Good old Pauline had her worked out a decade ago. Martin should have listened to his mum:(

I expected to enjoy her return but bar a handful of episodes I really havent.

Wise old Pauline it seems!:D
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sonia should be reported to the police for stealing. I can't believe some folk think she deserves no sympathy for being raped for being the only person to tell self centred horrible sonia some home truths
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked him and once the actor settles in to the part people will soon get over the recast "travesty".

I also kept thinking how alike the actors playing Martin and Rebecca are to look at.
  • lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When's Martin back full time then? He isn't in the cast list over christmas or new year...
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When's Martin back full time then? He isn't in the cast list over christmas or new year...

Good. He was awful.