Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    Ella you should post more often:) I agree with you and your daughter

thank you cazz,unfortunately i prefer to lurk as i don't like the way these threads go sometimes,i think you know what i mean! though when its the "older posters" as such all of you having a laugh and a giggle on here then can be the best place to cheer your self up- i have laughed out loud before at reading some of your conversations between you all :D Have a good weekend everyone :)
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's back on Loose Women next week DD.

I'd hate for you to miss it ... ;):D
    Just set up my series link JC.:D

that gave me a good giggle, between you two and betty it sounded like neighbours having a good gossip over a garden fence:D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss DD.
    God Bless you DD. And Azura .. Watching someone you are willing to live ..die infront of you is not something that should be sold.. Nor the grief it's so wrong

Thanks guys.
    cazzz wrote: »
    DD you never let me down and fail to mention the word "abomination" :D:D:D don't ever stop:D

Lol...........the abomination that is Andre deserves mafituphisjaxi.
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    thank you cazz,unfortunately i prefer to lurk as i don't like the way these threads go sometimes,i think you know what i mean! though when its the "older posters" as such all of you having a laugh and a giggle on here then can be the best place to cheer your self up- i have laughed out loud before at reading some of your conversations between you all :D Have a good weekend everyone :)

Take care my love. xxxx
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...IMO i think that what makes theTV critics take the micky and my self cringe is when he goes off to cry in another room and keeps his mike on then we have the voice over about how desolate/sad/upset/ he is whilst grieving over his brother:rolleyes:

No body else cries on the show-its all done in private... ,
    Well I've just watched & I truly believe he's getting more cringe worthy every episode.

Then we had the "leave the room moment" when Andrew was mentioned. I'm not for a minute suggesting it wasn't difficult for him but could he not have kept it together or even stayed in the room & discreetly wiped his tears away instead of making yet another drama out the situation, the rest of his brothers managed to stay relatively composed but not Pete, oh no he had to yet again be the centre of attention & go for as much sympathy as he could milk.

Agree with all points in both your posts - both spot on in every way - but the above, re the displays of grief, is really the most mind-boggling aspect. I've gone well past the point of being surprised by anything he does on camera (particularly after the last series) but this insistence of having grief moments in every effing episode is just so disturbing.

Everyone knows how grief can hit you, and how random it can be, the littlest thing can set it off and that's fine, that's natural, and something anyone who's lost someone knows only too well. But this need he has to be seen to be grieving, even behind closed doors, and be seen to be grieving in a way that excludes and diminishes his brother's grief, speaks volumes imo about the type of person he is.

I also have no time whatsoever for the CAN/ITV blame angle. This can't be off-loaded on them. This is a PA issue.
  • KayteJKayteJ Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Poor Pete cry's that much that he has to stuff his shoes with tissue paper to catch the waterfalls of tears :p

http://www.reveal.co.uk/showbiz-celeb-gossip/news/a476582/katie-price-on-ex-peter-andre-he-stuffs-his-shoes-with-tissue-paper.html
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't know what I find brings on the red mist the most.
    The fact that PA (he's 40 ffs) feels the need not only to include his grief in his programme, but to actually make it a feature of how he sells every episode OR the fact that people seem to think that it's absolutely fine AND DELIBERATELY TUNE IN TO WATCH IT.

I KNOW it's about his life (or the bits of his life he thinks the public will like) but seriously?

I think Ian Hyland had it pretty spot on apart from one thing - I don't think there's even a teeny tiny bit of the Andre that thinks there's anything wrong with it at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't know what I find brings on the red mist the most.
    The fact that PA (he's 40 ffs) feels the need not only to include his grief in his programme, but to actually make it a feature of how he sells every episode OR the fact that people seem to think that it's absolutely fine AND DELIBERATELY TUNE IN TO WATCH IT.

I KNOW it's about his life (or the bits of his life he thinks the public will like) but seriously?

I think Ian Hyland had it pretty spot on apart from one thing - I don't think there's even a teeny tiny bit of the Andre that thinks there's anything wrong with it at all.

In my case the Abomination's name always brings it on.:o

Woopey-doopey-doopey.............the Abomination has two kids and he loves them.:D

Pass the bucket please.:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me neither. And the evidence is there on screen. Is it because he's that lacking in self-awareness that he thinks this is what he needs to do to appeal to people?

Whatever, nothing can excuse it, no blaming his management or the tv company. He makes the choice to be seen in this light.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Me neither. And the evidence is there on screen. Is it because he's that lacking in self-awareness that he thinks this is what he needs to do to appeal to people?

Whatever, nothing can excuse it, no blaming his management or the tv company. He makes the choice to be seen in this light.

I hear ya.:(
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with you, he could put a stop to things, he could tell his management no...he could choose not to show things but nope he doesn't. Its all me me me in the Peter Andre universe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::eek: it is the day I'm trapped ..im going to have to take iPad and find things to do whilst he is on

Betty, you spend a great deal of time talking about him here. You wouldn't do it if you weren't interested in him. I'm guessing you'll be peeping over your ipad & accidentally allow your earplugs to fall out. :cool:
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Ryan was one of Pete's dancers on the original 'Mysterious Girl' video in '95 and they've been friends ever since. I believe he's working with Pete on his new record label and he's appeared fairly regularly on the reality show.

Ah right thanks for that, I didn't realise this.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lexi, Blue Eyed lady, thanks for your entertaining reviews. I dunno...*sigh* even though I don't even watch it, that 'Star Stories' type humour we apply to it just doesn't stick any more. It's too contrived, scripted, it's basically bizarre propaganda and just by reading it I get the impression that absolutely nothing is sacred. In fact reading the reviews feel like a black parody. He's still using the kids to weave the ex into the storyline with these ridiculous fed lines. Deconstructed and it's actually quite sinister.

Ratings are down for the 9pm live showing. 944k watching 2 weeks ago, 757k this week (sorry, don't have plus 1 figures).
    Forum Member
    I sat holding on to my husband for days willing the cancer not to kill him.
    It did.

I cannot tell you just how angry I feel about anyone (not just PA) selling grief.

Never in my life have I wanted to slap someone as much as I want to slap Peter Andre.
    How dare he put his grief is up for sale???:mad::mad::mad:

I can't begin to imagine how understandably angry you must feel DD.
  • livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same for me. I prefer to lurk but have to say I agree with a lot of Lexi, DD and Betty's posts. Does this mean I'm a member of the "abomination gang"? :):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lexi, Blue Eyed lady, thanks for your entertaining reviews. I dunno...*sigh* even though I don't even watch it, that 'Star Stories' type humour we apply to it just doesn't stick any more. It's too contrived, scripted, it's basically bizarre propaganda and just by reading it I get the impression that absolutely nothing is sacred. In fact reading the reviews feel like a black parody. He's still using the kids to weave the ex into the storyline with these ridiculous fed lines. Deconstructed and it's actually quite sinister.

Ratings are down for the 9pm live showing. 944k watching 2 weeks ago, 757k this week (sorry, don't have plus 1 figures).

Oh Daisy, thank you for saying that. :cool: I had a laugh doing the reviewage to begin with and finding laughs in it for our entertainment but it's so beyond that now. Reviewing it as comedy now is as fraudulent and fake as PA is.

RIP PA as unintentional entertainment.
    Forum Member
    Agree with all points in both your posts - both spot on in every way - but the above, re the displays of grief, is really the most mind-boggling aspect. I've gone well past the point of being surprised by anything he does on camera (particularly after the last series) but this insistence of having grief moments in every effing episode is just so disturbing.

Everyone knows how grief can hit you, and how random it can be, the littlest thing can set it off and that's fine, that's natural, and something anyone who's lost someone knows only too well. But this need he has to be seen to be grieving, even behind closed doors, and be seen to be grieving in a way that excludes and diminishes his brother's grief, speaks volumes imo about the type of person he is.

I also have no time whatsoever for the CAN/ITV blame angle. This can't be off-loaded on them. This is a PA issue.

I completely agree re CAN & yes PA seems incapable of giving his other brothers any consideration as to how they may be feeling regarding the death of Andrew, not once have I seen him offer them any comfort proving yet again it's all me me me with him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sat holding on to my husband for days willing the cancer not to kill him.
    It did.

I cannot tell you just how angry I feel about anyone (not just PA) selling grief.

Never in my life have I wanted to slap someone as much as I want to slap Peter Andre.
    How dare he put his grief is up for sale???:mad::mad::mad:

I am so sorry you had to go through that DD :(
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    Betty, you spend a great deal of time talking about him here. You wouldn't do it if you weren't interested in him. I'm guessing you'll be peeping over your ipad & accidentally allow your earplugs to fall out. :cool:

Not a chance in hell Fizgig ...anything he is on I avoid .. I do post a lot about him..he does a lot to post about....
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me. I prefer to lurk but have to say I agree with a lot of Lexi, DD and Betty's posts. Does this mean I'm a member of the "abomination gang"? :):p

Be careful, that sort of thing is frowned upon round these parts ;)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Welcome aboard .. Hope to see more posts from you
    Forum Member

Thanks but mine wasn't actually intended to be a review, more a therapeutic exercise to vent my frustration & disgust at PA:o
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Asking Chloe Sims opinion on whether its ok to sell your soul is like asking the Pope if it's ok to be a Catholic. The woman is a fully paid up member of the talent vacuum brigade who would sell her worn knickers to OK or ITV2 is they asked her. She wouldn't know the words privacy, dignity or self respect if they bit her on her arse implants
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree, I think this all goes back to the grief for sale aspect of the show. He knows that's what the story arc is this series, so he has to do in publicly because he has to sell it. There is no show if he does it privately. Pete is a grown man, he can't be manipulated unless he allows to be.
This discussion has been closed.