Options

Keeping an 'outdoor' cat inside?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Squishy22Squishy22 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been reading this thread with interest as I quite like cats but don't like the idea of them roaming around outside, using other peoples gardens as toilets.

I wasn't sure if cats would like being indoors all the time, but you have set my mind at rest.

Thank you! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    I had a great idea when I first got my cats to help them exercise, keep their claws good etc.
    When I first got them, I got one of those string 'tower' things but it is not that tall, and I knew that as soon as they were bigger it would not allow them to stretch, so I had a think (because they are far too expensive to be buying willy nilly).
    I went to a local carpet store, and bought some 1/2 metre sq. tiles of a particularly hardy carpet, and nailed them on a wall in a room that I use for the cats to play in.
    They ADORE climbing up the wall, as well as jumping up onto the carpet and back off again when they are chasing each other during play.
    That idea was the best one I have had regarding keeping them entertained.
    Of course, being 1.5 metres high, they can use it to scratch and stretch to the fullest extent.
    18 months later and the same tiles are still on the wall, and all three cats still love usine them.
  • Options
    illusioukillusiouk Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will always keep a cat indoors...just too many idiots outside who treat cats like sh*t.

Had a friend who used to let their cat out but they soon changed their ways due to the fact that their cat was used as a football by neds, their cat lost a eye.

I know that wont happen to most cats but I firmly believe in eliminating the chance of it happening in the first place.