No increase in apple award and no retrial

2»

Comments

• Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    Is that your considered legal opinion? Only joking:)

Well I do have an A-level in law and did 1 year of a law degree:p
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samsung can afford $1b ,Apple dont need $1b and didn't stop phones being sold. Samsung are now the biggest phone manufacturer in the world. For many the choice isn't should I go iPhone or Android its iPhone or Galaxy. I think if you had said to Sammy 3 years ago that they could have this position of dominance for $5b they would have snatched your hand off so $1b is a bargain. They just need to build the bloody phones properly now instead of making them out of sh!t (and I own a Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Note so I know.)
  • twogunthomtwogunthom Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muppets:eek:
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    twogunthom wrote: »
    Muppets:eek:

careful with that language :p
  • twogunthomtwogunthom Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    Samsung can afford $1b ,Apple dont need $1b and didn't stop phones being sold. Samsung are now the biggest phone manufacturer in the world. For many the choice isn't should I go iPhone or Android its iPhone or Galaxy. I think if you had said to Sammy 3 years ago that they could have this position of dominance for $5b they would have snatched your hand off so $1b is a bargain. They just need to build the bloody phones properly now instead of making them out of sh!t (and I own a Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Note so I know.)

Why do you buy devices that are made of shit.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    They must stink.. I wouldn't want your trouser pockets.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..and Sammy needs to pay the Fruity ones.

Considering many of the patents that helped win the award are about to become toast that just can't happen.
  • RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Considering many of the patents that helped win the award are about to become toast that just can't happen.

Then Samsung need to find some better arguments for their appeal. Nothing they've put forward so far in this case has been particularly compelling.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    I am sure they will if it goes to appeal the late evidence they couldn't use and the overturning of pertinent apple patents may just alter things.