Options

Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand leave offensive answerphone messgaes to Andrew Sachs

Comments

• Options
    Alice SAlice S Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Dumb thread. They're not being 'victimized' for being millionaires ffs. Their actions have been questioned because they behaved like a pair of c*nts. End of.

Succinct, and true! ;)

Welcome to the forum BTW. :)
  • Options
    Alice SAlice S Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    In today's Times Andrew Sachs has said his granddaughter is furious about the antics of these t*ats .

She's coming back from Austria today, so I'm looking forward to the verbal walloping she'll hopefully be giving B and R. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No certainty. No evidence.
    So, no law broken.
    Without the ratification of the complaint in a court of law, where intent, and interpretation can be explored, no law has been broken

So you think that if a shoplifter steals from a shop and isn't caught or convicted, then they haven't committed a crime?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alice S wrote: »
    In today's Times Andrew Sachs has said his granddaughter is furious about the antics of these t*ats .

She's coming back from Austria today, so I'm looking forward to the verbal walloping she'll hopefully be giving B and R. :D

She's already back apparently - I posted on the previous page. She's consulting with her agent and in the process of selling her story...... or so the Daily Mail have said at least
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
    Forum Member
    it was actually ross that i was more shocked at. yes, he makes stupid comments to people like bruce forsyth and ricky gervais, but you can tell he knows them and only means them in jest. but he was the one who actually first mentioned brand sleeping with his granddaughter and that's what surprised me

that said, they were then both as stupid as the other by making yet more phonecalls

i used to be a huge ross and brand fan, but i don't think i like them as much anymore. even they must have known that they were going too far
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,134
    Forum Member
    Hello:)

So, what is fueling the continued denigration of the two comedians? The apologies have been laid at the feet of one Sachs,

both written and verbal. And even the corporation genuflects into a position of complete subjugation,

but still the calls of 'sack em' and 'hang em high' continues.

A punishment not commensurate with the original crime.

Are we advocating a communist culture where everyone gets a set wage, no matter the talent?

Do we want the end of the millionaire? Should we go to Tescos and ask their managing director how much of our money he/she is earning?

What's the difference? I don't see it.
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    Alice S wrote: »

I hope she gives them both a right good pasting. They deserve it over this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    webmuppet wrote: »
    Again this just isn't what I'm talking about. You are right. There is clever and non-clever humour and there is bullying and extreme humour, and there is direct and indirectly aimed humour - my point here is not what is clever and what is not or what is funny or what is not. My point is that this is about whether they went too far or not. I defend their rights as performers to use bullying humour or crass offensiveness if that's their style and I defend the rights of guests not to get involved if they feel it might upset. I also defend the rights of listeners to tune to a different station if they feel they might be offended. I also defend the rights of the Beeb to bin them if the ratings are low and defend Ofcoms right to investigate this and decide if B/R need action taken against them.

Also Ross and his salary is justified by his ratings. All entertainment salaries are. You might think he earns too much and are welcome to your opinion. Personally it doesn't bother me.
    So you defend...everything. Well that's fair enough, although it must get confusing when you're defending things that are directly in opposition to each other. I have to say though, defending the right of R&B to bully people is a bit odd - and I'm not quite sure how Sachs was supposed to "not get involved" with the messages on his own answerphone.

However, amongst defending all those "rights" you fail to mention any responsibilities: first and foremost, the responsibility of the BBC to obey the terms of its charter.

Again, the ratings issue is a bit circular: how high would Ross' ratings be if he wasn't on the BBC? However, it's not really worth arguing about. We all know that nothing will actually happen to either Ross or Brand :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, what is fueling the continued denigration of the two comedians?

When did Wossy become a comedian? He's one witless c*nt that's for sure. All he and his moron friend did was phone an old man and slag off his family, then have it broadcast nationally. Who couldn't see the obvious comedic comparison that can be made between them and e.g. Morecombe & Wise or Bill Hicks? (Apart from MB obviously) It seems we should all ensure that wossy and oh so bland should just be allowed to pocket money endlessly while producing shite that most of us think of as barely broadcastable at the best of times. Is this communism or just taste?
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never been keen on Jonathan Ross anyway so if he loses his contract with BBC then good, he gets paid way too much anyway, something ike 18 million. I'm not quite as shocked with Rurrell Brand as to me he has always come across as being a bit of a t***
    he got another shouting at a little while ago when he had a go at the Jonas Brothers about the Promise Rings so hes not doing to well at the minute either.

So i wouldn't be bothered if the BBC got rid of both of them for good.
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that why they are both in such great demand by the other channels & viewing public?
    that in itself speaks volumes don't you think?:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So, what is fueling the continued denigration of the two comedians? The apologies have been laid at the feet of one Sachs,

both written and verbal. And even the corporation genuflects into a position of complete subjugation,

but still the calls of 'sack em' and 'hang em high' continues.

This is a bit off-topic, but your posts are ace! Reading them is like being on some Kerouac-esque acid trip or something as I try to wade through the syntax. It's like beat poetry, and I think you should keep it up!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jen-B wrote: »
    Oh, yes, I agree they broke the law.

But it's the fact that no-one's going on a 'Fonejacker' witch-hunt. Or any programme that has ever done prank phone calls. In principle, these programmes do exactly the same thing.

....yet no-one's calling for heads to roll there.

Hmm.

Double standards anyone?

I don't think it's double standards at all. From what I have seen of Fonejacker (and it's not much), he calls people in their workplace relating to their work. The humour comes not from ridiculing the person receiving the call but also the person giving the call (and the actor behind that person evidently realises that they're being obnoxious/putting someone out). This is not the same thing. It was not relating to Andrew's work or workplace - it was to him personally. Imagine someone leaving that message on your home phone. It's not even funny and it's pretty sexist. I will admit that her being a glamour model does her no favours but even leaving a message on her phone - although I think it's totally wrong - would have made more sense.

I think it's embarrassing for Jonathan Ross. Is he going through amid life crisis? It's embarrassing. It's like he's trying to be 17 again. I don't normally find things offensive but I thought this was quite revolting. Imagine Russell Brand left that message about one of Ross' daughters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dumb thread. They're not being 'victimized' for being millionaires ffs. Their actions have been questioned because they behaved like a pair of c*nts. End of.

If you look at a fair view of the more vehement and dare I say, extremist posts, you will see that their millionaire status figures quite prominently.

In fact, in some cases, it eclipses the original thrust of the complaint of two lads indulging in lad(dy) stuff
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do try and keep up with yourself. You've stated that, in your view, there is no crime, now you're saying they've been more than punished enough for it. What's it to be? Shall we assume your post will start with a moronic hello?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know which side you're on (it could read as sarcasm towards either side) but i'm not jealous of millionaires at all (maybe some are). I don't actually want millions. I have been a fan of both at times (more Ross than Brand) but this was just...weird and totally pointless. I don't find pranks funny but I can see the wit behind them if they are done well and in the right context with the right people but this was with a man just going about his day. It was a personal call. I just think that for two men who sometimes appear to be very smart, they really did not think this through. I think Russell is enjoying all of this anyway, the little hellraiser ;). Jonathan maybe just wants to be as 'cool' as Russell which is just sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do try and keep up with yourself. You've stated that, in your view, there is no crime, now you're saying they've been more than punished enough for it. What's it to be? Shall we assume your post will start with a moronic hello?

But I was writing from the point of view of the detractors.

So, they are shouting crime, and arranging subsequent punishment.

I feel there is no case to answer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Alice S
    Here comes the usual showbiz 'jealousy' card again!

I'd imagine most people with any sense of proportion hold puerile, schoolboy pranks in utter contempt, however much money the perpetrators have. *

IvanIV wrote: »
    I think what angers people is that those two tw.@.ts earn their big money doing that.

I agree 100% with the two above posts...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody seems to be blaming the producers and ppl who let it all air. they are (in my opinion) the people at fault...it's their job to prevent these 'controversial ' presenters from going too far. I've always been surprised that Russell brand joined radio 2 - no offense, but I've always thought his humor appealed to a younger audience. The Beeb would be stupid to sack either of them. Next they'll have to get rid of Chris Moyles...what next?!

Also as for Ross's daughters.... I doubt they would be stupid enough to be part of something called 'satanic sluts extreme' or dream of becoming page 3 models.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel there is no case to answer.

Why don't you publish your own phone number on here, allow a few self-proclaimed comedians to make some hilarious calls to you, then let us know how you feel? Or at least answer my earlier question of when did J Ross become a comedian?
  • Options
    SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kolakube wrote: »
    She's already back apparently - I posted on the previous page. She's consulting with her agent and in the process of selling her story...... or so the Daily Mail have said at least

And loving the publicity no doubt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TallyHo77 wrote: »
    This is a bit off-topic, but your posts are ace! Reading them is like being on some Kerouac-esque acid trip or something as I try to wade through the syntax. It's like beat poetry, and I think you should keep it up!

Thanks for your comments- I have a nice warm feeling spreading across my body.

It's either that or my catheter bag has split.

Only joking!.

<Hoping he gets away with the comment because of his destitute status
  • Options
    sweeney123sweeney123 Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know about Ross's, but Russlell Brand's was what you might expect, a total pisstake.

He'as a nasty spiteful piece of work. It's not the first time he's claimed to have had sex with a celeb's relative, only to be proved a liar.

If I was Mr sachs I'd be more worried about Russell pumping up his grandson.

Has anyone actually seen him with a woman?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why don't you publish your own phone number on here, allow a few self-proclaimed comedians to make some hilarious calls to you, then let us know how you feel? Or at least answer my earlier question of when did J Ross become a comedian?

Well, if I gave my number to a man known for his cheekiness, sauciness and ribald humour. I would expect to be poked with the same stick.
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kate36 wrote: »
    that in itself speaks volumes don't you think?:)

blast, irony is so hard to express in forums:rolleyes: