Options

BBC F1 Coverage - 2010 Season: The Verdict (Merged) (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    FillyourbootsFillyourboots Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Jonpollak wrote: »
    Oh Dear Oh Dear...
    Look like the world of rock and roll has taken a page out of you know who's hysterical comedy routine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJfqdTVrcVQ

Jp

PS..Yes, this is exactly the way it works

Jon, are you still going to Indy this weekend? Don't forget to write.
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member

And take a piss on the Delta Wing.....
  • Options
    Red DevilRed Devil Posts: 13,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Historic Grand Prix of Monaco is on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD next Tuesday (1st June) at 11.30pm :)
  • Options
    davepuseydavepusey Posts: 6,112
    Forum Member
    F1-Addict wrote: »

Seems pointless having the trucks come back to UK when they've got to go all the way out to Turkey now.

And you'd think with all the expensive equipment onboard, they would have better security and internal CCTV on the trucks. I know i would.
  • Options
    LP ROBINSONLP ROBINSON Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would would FOM trucks be in Monaco? I thought Télé Monte Carlo covered that race.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    davepusey wrote: »
    Seems pointless having the trucks come back to UK when they've got to go all the way out to Turkey now.
    You know Bernie never misses a trick. Probably using the trucks to do some free-lance haulage in between races rather than having them sit idle. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would would FOM trucks be in Monaco? I thought Télé Monte Carlo covered that race.

Timing, Graphics, Onboards, plus recording of all footage for DVD/website, and probably more i cant think of right now.
  • Options
    ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And you'd think with all the expensive equipment onboard, they would have better security and internal CCTV on the trucks. I know i would.

I'd expect FOM to fly to Turkey.
  • Options
    4chords4chords Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Yep FOM trucks were in Monaco. It's a grand place to go and join the GP circus. If you can get there on the Monday before the race, a lot of the cameras and equipment are already set up to have a nose at!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Classic GP on 301 tomorrow at 5:10am
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Classic GP on 301 tomorrow at 5:10am

Andrew Benson has already said in the blog that its a EPG mistake and at the moment there is no slot for it on Freeview due to the Tennis however they are trying to find one and the blog will be updated if a new time is found.

They are already available on Sky. ;)
  • Options
    JonpollakJonpollak Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep..
    Leave on Friday...
    Have to kick my left brain into action again for you lot to get any Fan in the Stands type report.
    We shall see...

PS...I was at the '84South Fork GP in Dallas.
    Not the kindest of climates...:eek:
    Austin is a great city though.

Jp
  • Options
    _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    JA's website is "asking to store data for offline use" which I've not seen before. Is he trying to infect us all again?!

Great news about Donington today:

http://bit.ly/9G4got
  • Options
    BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member
    considering the classic gp are 10 minutes in length, bit hard to believe they can't find an hour gap after the tennis finishes for the day to show them back to back.
  • Options
    joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the plan is to have Austin back to back with Brazil, rather than coupled with Montreal.
    If its true Montreal can't attract a sponsor, and may not make it pay, with or without burst pipes, Bernie could be thinking 2012 isn't going to feature Canada.
    It wouldn't be the first time for say Montreal to be June, with Indy in September, but a plan could be a New York area race to run back to back with Montreal in summer, then Austin to run back to back with Interlagos in autumn or spring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sadler wrote: »
    Andrew Benson has already said in the blog that its a EPG mistake and at the moment there is no slot for it on Freeview due to the Tennis however they are trying to find one and the blog will be updated if a new time is found.

They are already available on Sky. ;)

Looking at the EPG, it's been replaced with "World Cup Motty - John Motson looks ahead to the 2010 World Cup with interviews and features." from 5:10 to 05:50

There is a slot 06:00 AM - 07:45 AM called "Eurovision Quiz" i'm sure could be dropped to make room for the classic gp clips.

Looking ahead at 301 on freeview, there is FP1, FP2, FP3, and Forum.

No alternate comms for Quali or Race.
  • Options
    scoobymanscoobyman Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Just caught the last few mins of a BBC4 doco on the Le Mans 1955 disaster. Looked very well made.

It's on again at 0320 thurs for anyone interested and still awake to set a recording, or iplayer if not.

Might be a repeat, but I hadn't seen it before.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    No GP3 or Porsche Supercup on EuroSport this weekend going off the EPG :cry:
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    o/t but is A1GP now dead basically?
  • Options
    TPLTPL Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. Has been for quite sometime. The cars have been or are to be sold.
  • Options
    stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,088
    Forum Member
    No GP3 or Porsche Supercup on EuroSport this weekend going off the EPG :cry:

Think that's basically due to live tennis, and live cycling. Just 1 of those weekends I guess where we don't get to watch everything we want to from Turkey.
  • Options
    chrisfinchchrisfinch Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    scoobyman wrote: »
    Just caught the last few mins of a BBC4 doco on the Le Mans 1955 disaster. Looked very well made.

It's on again at 0320 thurs for anyone interested and still awake to set a recording, or iplayer if not.

Might be a repeat, but I hadn't seen it before.

It was first on a week or so back, and was pretty good.

Not if your names davepusey:p
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    scoobyman wrote: »
    First shown on Sunday, 16th May I believe. That is when I recorded it anyway. Very good programme and I learnt a few new things from it.
  • Options
    Emilian StoykovEmilian Stoykov Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    stevvy1986 wrote: »
    Think that's basically due to live tennis, and live cycling. Just 1 of those weekends I guess where we don't get to watch everything we want to from Turkey.

The Porsche Supercup does not race in Turkey anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For the 09/10 season, yes. The final round was at TT Assen on the 16th May[/URL].

No calendar for next season - yet. :(
This discussion has been closed.