Bnnp Chat (Part 2)

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Posts: 6,885
    Forum Member
    Hi guys - I really don't know if we will get to London tomorrow as we have had 8-10 inches of snow and can't even get the car off the drive. My son is trying to get home from uni without much success. He has waited 2 hours for a bus to get him to the rail station - I did tell him to get a taxi but he decided not to! He is trying to get one now but Heaven knows what time he'll get home.
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Zeebra, thinking of you hun. Please let me know how things are going.

I have to squeeeeeeee at Kara & Artem winning Strictly last night. Bobbla, I can understand how you felt about Ali & Brian last year now, I feel the same about these two.

And what do you all think about Chantelle dating Rav Wilding? Odd match but flippin heck woman, don't give Preston a second thought when you have the Wilding hunk in your sights.

Any Nikki news?

Well hope you are all well. My two boys are poorly, Mr Smarmy is fighting for his job but its not looking good and house is on the market. 2011 is looking ominous already :(
    Hi Smarmy.:)

Am also glad Kara won SCD, thought she might.
    Hope Chantelle is luckier this time in love.

Sorry to hear about your situation at home, it's always been tough and last year was bad, hope the future will be better for you and your lads are better soon and Mr Smarmy's job becomes more secure.

Hope you can have a good Christmas even when everything is going against you.
    zeebra wrote: »
    Hi guys - I really don't know if we will get to London tomorrow as we have had 8-10 inches of snow and can't even get the car off the drive. My son is trying to get home from uni without much success. He has waited 2 hours for a bus to get him to the rail station - I did tell him to get a taxi but he decided not to! He is trying to get one now but Heaven knows what time he'll get home.
    Hi Zeebra.:)
    Hope your lad is OK getting home.

If the situation doesn't look good and you can't get clarification of the situation then stay at home, your own safety is of paramount importance.
    Forum Member
    Hi Hicky and SM. Sorry to hear about your troubles SM - you never seem to get a bit of good luck. Hope things pan out OK for you and the lads. As for Chantelle - I can see what the the attraction is with Rav. Goodness knows what she saw in Preston.

My poor lad had a nightmare journey, and still isn't home. He missed his train so had to wait an hour for the next one, then had to pay for another ticket as his was only valid for Saturday. When he got to Birmingham he waited half an hour for his train to Redditch, then at the last moment they changed the platform and by the time he got to the new platform his train had gone so he had another 30 minutes to wait.

In the meantime I was trying to organise a taxi to pick him up in Redditch but couldn't get one anywhere as they wouldn't come out to where we live. I ended up booking him a room at a hotel in Redditch and he eventually got there after trudging through deep snow carrying a heavy suitcase. To top it all off, the hard drive on his laptop conked out when he switched it on! I have no idea if we will be able to get him home today.

I am going to ring the hospital and cancel my daughter's appointment - there is no way we will be able to get there.
    Forum Member
    It just gets worse. My son has managed to eat cereal with nuts without realising at the hotel this morning and has had an anaphalactic reaction. He gave himself an adrenaline injection but still got more ill and was struggling to breathe. He is now in the local hospital having emergency treatment - fortunately my OH works there and is with him now. I have never been so worried in my life - and I'm bloody stuck here snowed in.
    Forum Member
    Hi Hicky and SM. Sorry to hear about your troubles SM - you never seem to get a bit of good luck. Hope things pan out OK for you and the lads. As for Chantelle - I can see what the the attraction is with Rav. Goodness knows what she saw in Preston.

My poor lad had a nightmare journey, and still isn't home. He missed his train so had to wait an hour for the next one, then had to pay for another ticket as his was only valid for Saturday. When he got to Birmingham he waited half an hour for his train to Redditch, then at the last moment they changed the platform and by the time he got to the new platform his train had gone so he had another 30 minutes to wait.

In the meantime I was trying to organise a taxi to pick him up in Redditch but couldn't get one anywhere as they wouldn't come out to where we live. I ended up booking him a room at a hotel in Redditch and he eventually got there after trudging through deep snow carrying a heavy suitcase. To top it all off, the hard drive on his laptop conked out when he switched it on! I have no idea if we will be able to get him home today.

I am going to ring the hospital and cancel my daughter's appointment - there is no way we will be able to get there.
    Wow Zeebra.:)

Your lads having a rough time, and now it's stopping your Daughter getting to the hospital.:eek:
    It just gets worse. My son has managed to eat cereal with nuts without realising at the hotel this morning and has had an anaphalactic reaction. He gave himself an adrenaline injection but still got more ill and was struggling to breathe. He is now in the local hospital having emergency treatment - fortunately my OH works there and is with him now. I have never been so worried in my life - and I'm bloody stuck here snowed in.
    It goes from bad to worse, hope your lads OK, this is crazy, you would think we could cope with a bit of bad weather.
    Forum Member
    Yes thanks Hicky he is home and feeling ok if a little fragile.

My OH said he was very ill when he got to hospital and was whisked straight in and surrounded by doctors and nurses. He had IV adrenaline x 2, hydrocortisone and piriton. He had 2 lots of nebulised salbutamol and oxygen. It took about two hours for him to start feeling better. He is incredibly lucky as some people don't survive. I rang the taxi driver to thank him for getting to the hospital quickly because I think it saved his life.
    Forum Member
    Yes thanks Hicky he is home and feeling ok if a little fragile.

My OH said he was very ill when he got to hospital and was whisked straight in and surrounded by doctors and nurses. He had IV adrenaline x 2, hydrocortisone and piriton. He had 2 lots of nebulised salbutamol and oxygen. It took about two hours for him to start feeling better. He is incredibly lucky as some people don't survive. I rang the taxi driver to thank him for getting to the hospital quickly because I think it saved his life.
    Wow, that was lucky then, time can be so crucial at times.
    Glad he's home, good rest and a bit of TLC will sort him out.
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all have a lovely day. I'm off to make dinner now. xxx
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all have a lovely day. I'm off to make dinner now. xxx

And a very Merry Christmas to you Zeebra and everyone, hope you all have a super Christmas dinner and enjoy the weekend and all get plenty of lovely grub and keep warm till this freezing weather passes.

Had Dinner at my lads today so don't even have to fill the dish washer, he did well, a cracking meal.
    My Lad in Oz cooked himself a Hotpot to celebrate.:D
  • bluegroperbluegroper Posts: 11,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Christmas everyone, home you all have had a great day. Hope the weather is not too cold, its Boxing Day here and its raining, although it was fine on Christmas Day. :)
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    And a very Merry Christmas to you Zeebra and everyone, hope you all have a super Christmas dinner and enjoy the weekend and all get plenty of lovely grub and keep warm till this freezing weather passes.

Had Dinner at my lads today so don't even have to fill the dish washer, he did well, a cracking meal.
    My Lad in Oz cooked himself a Hotpot to celebrate.:D

Glad to hear you had such a good day Hicky - my dishwasher is kaput so all done by hand.
    Forum Member
    bluegroper wrote: »
    Merry Christmas everyone, home you all have had a great day. Hope the weather is not too cold, its Boxing Day here and its raining, although it was fine on Christmas Day. :)

LOL - I live very close to Pershore which was officially the coldest place in Britain on Xmas day (-17 yesterday!)
  • hrh7hrh7 Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Hi Zeebra, I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks so I'm sorry I missed all the drama but soo glad all is well now. You do seem to have a lot of health issues at the moment in your family don't you, one worry after another? I hope your lad was well enough to join you for Christmas Day after his terrible shock (can't spell the "a" word!!). I used to work opposite someone who carried a syringe for that and the first day she showed me what to do if needed, luckily it never was as I realise now how quickly I forgot what I should do!! And another delay on your daughter's treatment. :(

We had a pretty good day. Apart from mum (88) didn't feel too good so had to forego lunch despite the fact she'd paid for all the food over Christmas (plus the new tyre my daughter needed to get home from Manchester). She's still asleep now so I'm hoping she'll feel better today. Might be a bit of reaction from Christmas eve which would have been dad's 90th - mum made a small donation to the work of my charity in his memory as he would have benefited from such an organisation if it had been available in his day.

Son, who can get a little stroppy, has been an absolute angel this year and very appreciative of all I've done so that's great. It's his 26th birthday today!!

As I read all your stuff on here some of you, I realise how blessed I am. Also I got to read an email from an old uni friend on Cmas Eve... really made me realise how much I have to be thankful for, they lost their 19 year old son 2 years ago and are being so brave and making the best of their new life without him :(.

Kara and Artem are very lovely together! Glad she won and Matt came second, would have loved him to win but Kara was so much better.

SM, hope your boys are all better and that o/h's job is secure for the future. Somethings gone wrong on a job my o/h's firm have done, not their fault but getting the electricity supplier to admit fault will be a nightmare (they have big solicitors) and the next port of call for the client will be our company....

Enjoy the rest of Christmas everyone.
    Forum Member
    Hi hrh - good to hear from you. My lad is fine and stuffed his face all day yesterday - I don't know where he puts it all and he is like a whippet - not a spare bit of flesh anywhere. This year has been a bit awful but I I am expecting to have a much better 2011. We've got another appt in London on 12th Jan (weather permitting). I hope we can get there as I lost £58 on train tickets - can't get a refund.

Sorry to hear your mum wasn't up to par on Xmas day and hope she is feeling better today. What charity is it that you are involved in that she donated to?

What happened to your friend's 19 year old son hrh? I honestly can't imagine the agony of losing a child - it's the worst loss of all. Seeing the parents of the missing girl in Bristol at the press conference the other day was heart rending and it appears that their worst fears have materialised.
    Forum Member
    Hi hrh - good to hear from you. My lad is fine and stuffed his face all day yesterday - I don't know where he puts it all and he is like a whippet - not a spare bit of flesh anywhere. This year has been a bit awful but I I am expecting to have a much better 2011. We've got another appt in London on 12th Jan (weather permitting). I hope we can get there as I lost £58 on train tickets - can't get a refund.

Sorry to hear your mum wasn't up to par on Xmas day and hope she is feeling better today. What charity is it that you are involved in that she donated to?

What happened to your friend's 19 year old son hrh? I honestly can't imagine the agony of losing a child - it's the worst loss of all. Seeing the parents of the missing girl in Bristol at the press conference the other day was heart rending and it appears that their worst fears have materialised.

Mum was much better today thankfully. Son has gone out to celebrate his birthday with old local friends, daughter has taken him and them so they can drink, I expect they'll walk back in the snow.

I head up a counselling charity which is freely available to all but the only funding we get is the clients who can afford to donate. Funny how I ended up doing it, it just sort of fell into my lap, when the music stopped, everyone had left and I was left holding the baby, and it's been some sort of catharsis for me - everyone else in my family of origin has had mental illness so even tho there was no-one to help them it kind of helps me that sometimes I can help others. Talking of which, my sister used to go missing for weeks on end, we'd never know where we'd be picking her up from next, if indeed we ever would, so my heart aches for those poor souls in Bristol. Although in the end she lost her battle with mental illness and died, at least we knew (and know) where she is, it would have been awful never knowing, always looking for her face in a crowd. It will be 10 years since she died, on 12th night.

My friend who lost his 19 year old son, it was a brain tumour, he was at uni :( and thought he'd beaten it. Can't imagine what that's like, at least my sister was mid 50s.

Sorry, this isn't meant to be a gloom and doom post. It's been quite a good Christmas, I'll take mum back tomorrow, then I can relax a bit myself, my bro in law and his partner and my niece are coming tomorrow and they're easy company.

Hope you all have a great new year, esp you Zeebra and SM, after all the trials of the last year or two.
    Forum Member
    Daughter has just come back from scary trip to town. When I picked mum up on Christmas Day, up on the main road a water main had burst and it was pouring down the road. Obviously tonight it's frozen over and she was all over the road but says it's worth a walk up there tomorrow as, although all the parked cars are clear of snow, they are kind of encased in a robe of ice. She said you could see what cars they were, the colour etc, but just this skirt of ice clamping them to the ground, it looked like The Day After Tomorrow :eek:
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL - I live very close to Pershore which was officially the coldest place in Britain on Xmas day (-17 yesterday!)

I live in the same county as Pershore and i dont think it was much "warmer" here LOL :p
    Forum Member
    hrh7 wrote: »
    Daughter has just come back from scary trip to town. When I picked mum up on Christmas Day, up on the main road a water main had burst and it was pouring down the road. Obviously tonight it's frozen over and she was all over the road but says it's worth a walk up there tomorrow as, although all the parked cars are clear of snow, they are kind of encased in a robe of ice. She said you could see what cars they were, the colour etc, but just this skirt of ice clamping them to the ground, it looked like The Day After Tomorrow :eek:

If you get the chance try and get some photos hrh - that sounds really cool.
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    I live in the same county as Pershore and i dont think it was much "warmer" here LOL :p

We could be Worcestershire neighbours and never know! Hrh lives quite close in Warks so there's a bit of a Midlands clique on here now. ;)
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    We could be Worcestershire neighbours and never know! Hrh lives quite close in Warks so there's a bit of a Midlands clique on here now. ;)

<<<<<waves to neighbours>>>>>>>>>
    Forum Member
    hrh7 wrote: »
    <<<<<waves to neighbours>>>>>>>>>

Back at yer! :D
  • bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone and a belated Merry Christmas :) My computer has been playing up again :rolleyes: I felt completely lost without it lol

Hope you've all survived the recent snow and fingers crossed we've seen the last of it!!

zeebra i hope your appointment goes ahead ok on the 12th and hrh i hope your Mum is on the mend and your boys SM.

I was also pleased at Kara and Artem winning SCD although i never did get into it as much as last year
    (still bitter :eek: )

Anyway wishing each of you all the very best for 2011 xxxxx
    Forum Member
    bobbla wrote: »
    Hi everyone and a belated Merry Christmas :) My computer has been playing up again :rolleyes: I felt completely lost without it lol

Hope you've all survived the recent snow and fingers crossed we've seen the last of it!!

zeebra i hope your appointment goes ahead ok on the 12th and hrh i hope your Mum is on the mend and your boys SM.

I was also pleased at Kara and Artem winning SCD although i never did get into it as much as last year
    (still bitter :eek: )

Anyway wishing each of you all the very best for 2011 xxxxx
    Hi Bobs.:)

Happy New Year to you as well. xx

Sorry to hear about your Puter, they can be very trying.

I was pleased Kara Won, lovely Girl/Couple.
    Forum Member
    Happy New Year to you all. I know what you mean about being lost without your computer Bobbs - if our internet goes down for 10 minutes I get massively irritated.

I'm teetotal tonight as daughter will need picking up from a NYE party in Worcester later (I only ever have a drink at Xmas or NY anyway so it's no great sacrifice).
    Forum Member
    Happy new year all! As ever I went to bed at 11.15, vaguely heard the fireworks at 12! Last of the big ravers us!!:rolleyes: