McFly appreciation thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
Forum Member
OK who here absolutely loves McFly? I do, they are simply divine. They do catchy upbeat songs that put me certainly into party mood, they look gorgeous, and they have such great personalities.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they look gorgeous, and they have such great personalities.

Is lying allowed on these boards?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    This is about the seventy five millionth McFly thread! ARGH!!
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 Replies so far - only one praising them. Hmm...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Just trying to praise my fave band, no harm in that surely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i saw a video of them the other day absolutely murdering the who's pinball wizard, they really were bad
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should be tried for crimes against music along with Westlife.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Oh come one - cant people appreciate that differnt people like different music? I personally don't like many genres but can understand that there's a market for them and some people enjoy that music.

I personally love McFly, they sing live, write their own material (ok minus 3 songs, 2 of which were B-Sides INCLUDING - Pinball Wizard) and play their own instuments. They're basicly harmless and don't try to pretend to be anything their not. They know they're pop and are happy with it.

People are entiltled to think they're bad but do they need to express it in an 'appreciation' thread?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Claire_M wrote:
    Oh come one - cant people appreciate that differnt people like different music?

Not when there's already 5 other threads on THIS page :p
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Is there a more recent version of this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Point of clarification.

"Appreciation threads are designed to allow fans of a particular subject to engage in positive and lighthearted discussion of a subject. Negative posts in an appreciation thread are considered off-topic and will be removed. If you wish to discuss the subject of an appreciation thread you are welcome to post constructive negative comments in a separate thread."

So: is this ever applied or what? :confused:
    Forum Member
    I don't know if you're talking to me or the 5+ year old posts...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are actually a fairly talented band, and danny loves the boss so its all good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love them, I think they get too much stick. :)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    I've always liked them

They're good live too.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Mcfly are a really talented bunch.
    They have got better with time and everything they do is down to them.
    They write and play and all the ideas are there own (they often do the odd cover for fun which fans enjoy)

I've loved watching the 'Mcfly on the wall' series which is every wednesday at 10:00pm on 5* or sundays 10:20pm channel 5.
    Forum Member
    They are actually a fairly talented band, and danny loves the boss so its all good.
    I don't think there's many acts around that write their own songs,Play a number of Instruments aswell as having their own record label and they are only in their early-mid 20's

They have even designed a supercity website everything that comes from them is designed by them and doesn't have a management behind them pulling their strings

8 years together and still going strong.
    They are right now playing a string of sold out Arenas in Brazil
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    I don't think there's many acts around that write their own songs,Play a number of Instruments aswell as having their own record label and they are only in their early-mid 20's

They have even designed a supercity website everything that comes from them is designed by them and doesn't have a management behind them pulling their strings

8 years together and still going strong.
    They are right now playing a string of sold out Arenas in Brazil

When you look at what dross the UK produces, Mcfly have to be near the top if your making a list of talented UK artists.
    I always have time for bands who write their own music and actually play live.
    Danny and Tom have become pretty good songwriters.
    Forum Member
    When you look at what dross the UK produces, Mcfly have to be near the top if your making a list of talented UK artists.
    I always have time for bands who write their own music and actually play live.
    Danny and Tom have become pretty good songwriters.
    Yes they are pretty good.
    Their latest album shown off their talents even more and they have started to write for other acts too.

Danny has also got a Dance Project what he's working on with sanchez

Tom's wrote endless amount of songs for other acts and musicals

They are staring to spread their wings now and have had a number of sold out gigs in Aus,France,Spain,Mexico,Brazil,Japan

8 years together and they are still the best of freinds:)
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always loved McFly from the very start, they used to be a guilty pleasure but I'm not so ashamed to admit it anymore :D They're fantastic live, their last concert was probably one of the best I've been to, and I agree I find it really commendable that they write and produce everything and play live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how anyone can't like them.

I saw them live and Wembley Arena this year, I wasn't that much of a fan as my friend wanted someone to go with.
    But i was literally blown away by how good they are live, and what good performers they are.

I also respect how much interaction they have with their fans through 'Super City', Although you have to pay, You get cards which you swipe at every McFly event you go to, to get bonus points.

There's hardly any acts in the charts these days which write their own music, so I really respect these guys for writing their own material.
    Forum Member
    james-dean wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can't like them.

I saw them live and Wembley Arena this year, I wasn't that much of a fan as my friend wanted someone to go with.
    But i was literally blown away by how good they are live, and what good performers they are.

I also respect how much interaction they have with their fans through 'Super City', Although you have to pay, You get cards which you swipe at every McFly event you go to, to get bonus points.

There's hardly any acts in the charts these days which write their own music, so I really respect these guys for writing their own material.
    Yes they are brilliant LIVE.
    Super City started back last september and there was at the time no website like it.

Yes you have to pay £6:00 a month or £40.00 a year but it's worth it.

You get monthly content (usually something big)
    Like the Wembley gig was beamed LIVE across the world,Everyone got the album free a week before release

They do daily video's and they do LIVE streaming of things like making their music video's

They show alot of Backstage stuff.

There's also a points system which you can earn by logging on and playing Games and everything

the first 20,000 (pioneers) get to go to a Meet and Greet this summer for the whole day.

Everyone gets first pic in concert tickets (Pionners)
    and they get let into gigs early and Mcfly come out to meet them
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 Colours in Her Hair was catchy, jolly and had an uplifting guitar riff in it. All About You was lovely and confirmed that McFly had really hit the big time by then.

They had quite a good song ca 2008 as well and, while I forget the title, I acknowledge that they are quite good for a boyband. Shine a Light shows that their vocals have matured too.
    Forum Member
    McFly on the Wall is entertaining to watch.
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    McFly on the Wall is entertaining to watch.
    Yes it is!
    Shame it's only 6 episodes long but it really gives everyone an insight to Life in mcfly
    It shows how much good freinds they are.
    They write and play their music and shows parts of the latest Arena Tour
    Forum Member
    Mcfly was brilliant on the cube tonight:)