• Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited for this
  • Options
    A_SmurfA_Smurf Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    It's sureal and bittersweet that it's the last ever season premiere of glee! It all goes downhill from here emotionally!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    YAY!!! Glee is back.

Glad to see the New York experiment is over and we are back to Lima.

The 2nd episode was Glee of old and better than the first episode.

Glad also to see the Warblers back, their songs are always a highlight of the episodes.

Thought the New NDs were good additions and they seemed individuals (except for the incestuous twins of course ).

Good to see the old NDs back, and Dianna looked great. They seemed to keep Naya in the background.

And a group song to end the 2 episodes.

I thought Rachel's dads getting divorce seemed a little forced into the show, mainly because it meant not having to hire Jeff Goldblum.

Good to see Becky back as well.

Bit weird seeing Blaine and Karofsky together but did LOL and the Yogi and Bobo bit.
  • Options
    A_SmurfA_Smurf Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    YAY!!! Glee is back.

Glad to see the New York experiment is over and we are back to Lima.

The 2nd episode was Glee of old and better than the first episode.

Glad also to see the Warblers back, their songs are always a highlight of the episodes.

Thought the New NDs were good additions and they seemed individuals (except for the incestuous twins of course ).

Good to see the old NDs back, and Dianna looked great. They seemed to keep Naya in the background.

And a group song to end the 2 episodes.

I thought Rachel's dads getting divorce seemed a little forced into the show, mainly because it meant not having to hire Jeff Goldblum.

Good to see Becky back as well.

Bit weird seeing Blaine and Karofsky together but did LOL and the Yogi and Bobo bit.
    Agree with all the above. They have brought glee back to its best, which sounded like a pipe dream but could be possible now. I was impressed with the amount of continuity between the episodes and a lot of references back to season 1 (even down to the music and slushies). It makes sense why they put these episodes together, it made it feel like the ultimate glee premiere, with a real season 1 vibe to it. Hopefully the writers can keep it up for the next 11 episodes.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow it was just brilliant wasn't it? A real return to form and it makes me sad this is the last Glee :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a good review of the opening episodes that I think hits the nail on the head.

http://www.tv.com/shows/glee/community/post/glee-season-6-episode-1-loser-like-me-episode-2-homecoming-review-142084945566/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the first two episodes, it's certainly starting to feel like the beginning of the end :(
    Blaine is overreacting and I was certain that he and Dave was a hoax but oh well.
    Emma's unexplained absence is a little weird though...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I so actually really love the Friday night segment, because I can have a lie in and watch at leisure on Saturday instead of getting up early before work :p
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good return! Rachel's voice is still wonderful, as are her legs.

Would have liked Santana to have more to do, but it looks like she'll be prominent next week.

When Blaine had his fit over losing the girl Warbler, I so wanted Kurt to just say 'Oh, **** off, Blaine!'

The Nu-Nu-New Directions are much better than the last attempt. Glad to see that Kitty is still about, but it's a bit of a shame they seem to be reverting her to her original, horrible personality.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Brilliant return to form. Proper focus, some great character moments as well.

I like that Rachel's television career failing gave her a better focus with recruiting for a new glee club and I hope she does stick it to Sue as well.

The new kids are a step up from the previous crowd. I like them all and they don't seem like copies of the original crew as well.

Nice use of the rest of the gang in the second half of the opening story though.

Kurt and Blaine and Blaine and Karofsy, not sure about that yet though.

The music was great in the episodes - especially Tightrope, Home and Take On Me.

Definitely an improvement over most of the last season, 8/10
  • Options
    mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could someone PM me a link to the episodes or a download please, i cant find a torrent anywhere:(
  • Options
    NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch Season 5 as I got a bit bored with it but seeing the new Season 6 characters on YouTube, I love them!

The only thing I want to ask is I won't be able go watch the first two episodes since I have exams this week but I love Mason and Madison and was wondering :

How much air time they got across the two episodes?
    What songs they sang? I know they sang in Home (total amazing) but any others?
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already like the new characters a lot more than the previous bunch. Amazing voices too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't watch Season 5 as I got a bit bored with it but seeing the new Season 6 characters on YouTube, I love them!

The only thing I want to ask is I won't be able go watch the first two episodes since I have exams this week but I love Mason and Madison and was wondering :

How much air time they got across the two episodes?
    What songs they sang? I know they sang in Home (total amazing) but any others?
    Not really. They appeared in a couple of short scenes, and joined in on the last song.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Haven't watched since Rachel sang 'Roots before Branches' while heading off to New York, which felt like a fitting ending to me, but considering returning for the final season. I've kept up with various performances and news so I think I'll be caught up pretty quickly, but I'm not sure I like the idea of Rachel being a failure, as the perfect ending to the show for me was always her successful Broadway debut (but they've ruined that now.)

The songs from the first episode look promising, a few good Rachel solos and her duet with Blaine, which was one of favourite vocal pairings when I watched, along with her and Jesse. Also her and Puck too, but they only got one duet sadly, I still think those two are perfect together. :blush: So I'll probably give it a go, either acquiring the episode when there's nothing on or waiting until Sky show them.

(I did like other characters too by the way :D but Rachel was always the big draw for me.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Already like the new characters a lot more than the previous bunch. Amazing voices too!

Whilst I agree the new bunch seem a lot better, I do feel the middle NDs got unfairly blamed for being poor.

They were written as pale copies of the first NDs, I mean, even their first episode was called 'The New Rachel'.

They were given the same roles and the same love triangle story.

They were given some poor song choices I think Marley came into her own when they finally realised the love triangle story wasn't doing anything and let her be her own person.

I think the producers have a lot to blame for the middle NDs failure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't blame any of the actors. They were given awful material to work with.
  • Options
    Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still no news on a Sky debut date. Poor.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I don't blame any of the actors. They were given awful material to work with.

Yeah this, felt really sorry for them, Melissa Benoist looks like she maybe a big star anyway, so at least it hasn't hurt her

Yeah, as someone disillusioned with the show, it did feel more like the show of old, and hopefully it won't be a chore to watch the last series..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why Becka Tobin seems to have escaped the cull?
  • Options
    dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why Becka Tobin seems to have escaped the cull?
    Becca's not the only one- Alex Newell (Unique) will return in an upcoming episode. But I also think that Becca's tragic loss (so similar to Lea's) ensured the Glee family did their thing of being fiercely protective of one of their own and made sure she was looked after in every way they could. That included giving her a safe and supportive place to come to work, with a small role over the past few months. Becca, Lea and Jenna are very close friends these days. As has been said, Melissa and Blake are busy being film actors these days. I doubt they're struggling in any way. Jacob Artist still hangs out and holidays with the cast regularly. It seems he may be returning before the end of the series too - so he told a fan anyway. If that's true, I wouldn't discount any of this lot to come back for a cameo fairly soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    Becca's not the only one- Alex Newell (Unique) will return in an upcoming episode. But I also think that Becca's tragic loss (so similar to Lea's) ensured the Glee family did their thing of being fiercely protective of one of their own and made sure she was looked after in every way they could. That included giving her a safe and supportive place to come to work, with a small role over the past few months. Becca, Lea and Jenna are very close friends these days. As has been said, Melissa and Blake are busy being film actors these days. I doubt they're struggling in any way. Jacob Artist still hangs out and holidays with the cast regularly. It seems he may be returning before the end of the series too - so he told a fan anyway. If that's true, I wouldn't discount any of this lot to come back for a cameo fairly soon.
    Thanks for the info I had forgotten about Becka's loss. It makes sense now that they kept her on. And good news about Wade coming back.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved both episodes although Homecoming was slightly more Glee-like than Loser Like Me. But still, both were a return to form with some great songs and the ditching of the New York experiment thankfully.
    Loved seeing the old New Directions, missed the v2 New Directions and believe they were poorly treated by the Glee PTB but I think the v3 New Directions could be on to a winner. Loved Roderick's voice and Mustang Sally was a delight.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK I caved and read the synopsis for ep. 1. I shouldn't really judge until Sky finally get around to showing it, but from what I've read it seems like they still haven't got their act together. You'd think that knowing its heading towards its conclusion they'd make some great arcs, but from what I can tell, they're just doing their usual inexplicable changes and meandering plots.

I'm worried that S6 will leave a bitter taste when all's said and done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK I caved and read the synopsis for ep. 1. I shouldn't really judge until Sky finally get around to showing it, but from what I've read it seems like they still haven't got their act together. You'd think that knowing its heading towards its conclusion they'd make some great arcs, but from what I can tell, they're just doing their usual inexplicable changes and meandering plots.

I'm worried that S6 will leave a bitter taste when all's said and done.

Episode 2 is back on track IMO.

I'm actually looking forward to tonight's episode, where as last season I was almost dreading each new episode.