Emmerdale Midnight Announcement

1235»

Comments

• Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With quotes like

"It's like a slow-motion train wreck but without any trains. Debbie is heading down the track towards her wedding to good boy Barton, all the while bad boy Barton is heading towards Debbie the other way on a collision course of passion."

John Whiston really should've let Kate Oates do the talking. A collision course of passion. :eek:
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TellMeMore wrote: »
    With quotes like

"It's like a slow-motion train wreck but without any trains. Debbie is heading down the track towards her wedding to good boy Barton, all the while bad boy Barton is heading towards Debbie the other way on a collision course of passion."

John Whiston really should've let Kate Oates do the talking. A collision course of passion. :eek:
    I just read that article with a bewildered look on my face. It sounded more like the blurb of a Mills & Boon novel than Emmerdale. :D
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »

The only bit that sounds exciting, is the bit about the can of petrol:D

For me, the weakest plot is the Vanessa and Kirin rubbish. I am not looking forward to seeing this in the Summer. I cannot wait for the Robert/ Aaron and Chrissie stuff though. I am on the fence about the Debbie and Megan related stories.

I cannot stand Jai and do not understand why Megan and Leyla see in him. He drags both of these characters down. I just hope this plot will see Megan kill off Jai. I will look forward to the Megan related story, if she gets her revenge on Jai, but if not, then I won't be fussed about it.
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say that I am more than a little disappointed in this announcement. Not because we already knew what was coming, but because it's just not going to be that interesting. Fallouts are always great when things like this come to a head but only when the couples involved have been well developed.

The Robert and Aaron affair will be the only truly great piece of drama as the relationship between Chrissie/Robert and Aaron/Robert has had the time to develop on screen.

Debbie and Pete's relationship remains mostly off screen. I don't even know what they are like as a couple. Meanwhile Debbie and Ross continue to flirt with each other (though they lack any chemistry) and I wonder why she is with Pete in the first place.

Jai and Megan have never worked as a couple, it was a crazy out of the blue pairing that nobody cares about. Leyla's involvement with Jai was good because they seemed to have some chemistry but I still just don't care.

Vanessa and Kirin, well, Vanessa is just a plot device character who I do not care about. I care even less about who the father of her child is.
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear me. They really think this bog standard stuff is big news:blush: Pete and Debbie played by brilliant actors:confused:This kind of desperate embarrassing hype does the show no favours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    I just read that article with a bewildered look on my face. It sounded more like the blurb of a Mills & Boon novel than Emmerdale. :D
    That may not be what was actually said. The press are not allowed to copy and paste, they have to 'adapt'.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    Have to say that I am more than a little disappointed in this announcement. Not because we already knew what was coming, but because it's just not going to be that interesting. Fallouts are always great when things like this come to a head but only when the couples involved have been well developed.

The Robert and Aaron affair will be the only truly great piece of drama as the relationship between Chrissie/Robert and Aaron/Robert has had the time to develop on screen.

Debbie and Pete's relationship remains mostly off screen. I don't even know what they are like as a couple. Meanwhile Debbie and Ross continue to flirt with each other (though they lack any chemistry) and I wonder why she is with Pete in the first place.

Jai and Megan have never worked as a couple, it was a crazy out of the blue pairing that nobody cares about. Leyla's involvement with Jai was good because they seemed to have some chemistry but I still just don't care.

Vanessa and Kirin, well, Vanessa is just a plot device character who I do not care about. I care even less about who the father of her child is.
    Can't say any of these plots excite me at all. It's basically being promoted as a sordid summer of love triangles. How exciting and original. Not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Can't say any of these plots excite me at all. It's basically being promoted as a sordid summer of love triangles. How exciting and original. Not.

I would guess that there is some sort of twist to this that is going to make this summer EXPLOSIVE that is being kept a secret.

I will hope that this is the case. It's not like Kate Oates to give everything away.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I mean, it's a bit of a pointless announcement, but luckily everything that's going on Emmerdale at the moment is keeping me perched nonetheless.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    The only bit that sounds exciting, is the bit about the can of petrol:D

For me, the weakest plot is the Vanessa and Kirin rubbish. I am not looking forward to seeing this in the Summer. I cannot wait for the Robert/ Aaron and Chrissie stuff though. I am on the fence about the Debbie and Megan related stories.

I cannot stand Jai and do not understand why Megan and Leyla see in him. He drags both of these characters down. I just hope this plot will see Megan kill off Jai. I will look forward to the Megan related story, if she gets her revenge on Jai, but if not, then I won't be fussed about it.

can of petrol was this week referring to the chrissie, robert scenes
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Affairs, affairs, affairs - culminating in a big stunt which will kill off x amount of characters.

Attach it to a cheap looking, overly staged, pseudo glamorous promotional pic....

....and the whole thing looks like an advert for a tacky US Daytime Soap!

Let's hope what transpires on screen is a lot more sophisticated & intelligent than what the promotional blurb is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Affairs, affairs, affairs - culminating in a big stunt which will kill off x amount of characters.

Attach it to a cheap looking, overly staged, pseudo glamorous promotional pic....

....and the whole thing looks like an advert for a tacky US Daytime Soap!

Let's hope what transpires on screen is a lot more sophisticated & intelligent than what the promotional blurb is.

Perhaps not intelligent but it will no doubt be entertaining.

As long as Alicia is kept out of whatever big disaster is going to be happening but at the same time stay in the village then it will all be fine.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Summer of love.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member

Spot on :D
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    standard summer behaviour in the dales there is never anything better to do :D

:D

Pretty predictable stuff, isn't it.

And although it means the terrific Michael Parr getting more screentime, I am not buying Hot Ross lusting after the 100% unlikeable Dour Debbie, for one moment. No chemistry between them (unlike Ross and Doomed Donna) whatsoever.

And the sour faced mare always drags Ross down, plot-wise.

As for Aaron and Squire Robert, maybe Lachlan will find out about them before Chrissie.

Jai? Meh! Megan's revenge had better be good, and very painful for him.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although it has now been confirmed that there is a summer stunt which is exciting:

"As Pete and Debbie's wedding draws nearer, little does the village know that disaster looms on the horizon, potentially leaving lives hanging in the balance..."
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    Jai is awful and played by an awful actor but.at least he's one we xan love to hate. The other Shamas are just plain crap and boring with the actors playing Kirin and Rishi unbelievably terrible.
    i just hate him:D. Rishi's actor is rotten but the character's quite sweet so I can put up wi th him. I like Rakesh and Priya but I could happily lose Kirin.

I'm really not interested in any of these couples except Chrissie and Robert. Debbie has no chemistry with Ross, and the whole thing with Pete seems unbelievable - there's no sense of intimacy or love. Megan and Jai are also totally unbelievable, Im tired Aaron and his eternal suffering and would like him to fade into the background for a while.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole question of Debbie & Ross chemistry is, to me, like gravity or Amanda Holden's talent.
    I CAN'T SEE IT!
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Although it has now been confirmed that there is a summer stunt which is exciting:

"As Pete and Debbie's wedding draws nearer, little does the village know that disaster looms on the horizon, potentially leaving lives hanging in the balance..."

Pete bores everyone into dying?
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete bores everyone into dying?

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to say they appear to be making Debbie and Ross the new Cain and charity which can never be repeated imo. I loathe charity but the cain/charity connection was full of chemistry which Debbie doesnt have with the lovely Ross. :(
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I think Pete will die saving Ross from whatever disaster befalls them all and with his dying breath, he will ask Ross to look after Debbie (bleurrrgh!)
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I quite like the sound of Rakesh doing what he does. Very naughty! Just wait for Kirin to find out! I don't like Pete with Debbie. He's boring. I like the scenes with her and Ross :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    Spot on :D

Thank you. :D
    I'm really not interested in any of these couples except Chrissie and Robert. Debbie has no chemistry with Ross, and the whole thing with Pete seems unbelievable - there's no sense of intimacy or love. Megan and Jai are also totally unbelievable, Im tired Aaron and his eternal suffering and would like him to fade into the background for a while.

I know exactly what you are saying.
    If they had developed all of these couples I would find this a pretty interesting turn of events. As it is the only couple it's possible to care about is Chrissie/Robert because we have seen them as a couple. Also Robert/Aaron (but it's hard to care about that when I don't believe either character would end up where they are)
    The whole question of Debbie & Ross chemistry is, to me, like gravity or Amanda Holden's talent.
    I CAN'T SEE IT!

People on Twitter apparently can.
    Jayma wrote: »
    I think Pete will die saving Ross from whatever disaster befalls them all and with his dying breath, he will ask Ross to look after Debbie (bleurrrgh!)

Please, no. That would be horrible.
  • Options
    abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fake stand in that is Emmerdale will revert back to the good old days!