Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Great performances by Leona yet again. Really can't wait for the TV performances with the actual production and having it recorded HQ with a good sound system, it's going to sound so goooood. :cry:
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siwelanoel wrote: »
    Lol I said "shavings" earlier, I meant "shaking."

Leona was AMAZING. I was so taken aback by how great she sounded. I knew she had recovered, but still I was slayed!

Leona walked on stage and I just smiled so wide, she is so beautiful & tall in person.
    She sang FUMF, which is my favorite song of her's now (replacing BL) and I gave out a huge woop when she introduced it and she laughed.
    Then after BL she answered some pre-approved questions and one was mine. I asked about her songwriting process, and directly got to speak to her. I'm surprised I even got coherent words out, as I was so nervous. I was just smiling like an idiot while she answered the question at me. She said that she just randomly wakes up out of bed & writes when inspired, and she had to stop forcing herself to try and write. That's not a full summary, but I'm sure 1037 will upload the whole thing soon. They did film it.

At the end of Thunder I yelled out "I love you!" and she yelled out "I love you too!" I died. And I literally said "I'm dying," and a girl behind me was like "please don't die." :P
    Then after Thunder, which sounded amazing, we got in line for pics.
    When I went up to her, I was so nervous. I told Leona how I wore denim because I saw she was wearing denim earlier in the day, and she was like "aw we're matching." It is just amazing how someone so beautiful/successful/famous can be so kind/open to everyone.
    Then we took pictures and I also got a selfie on my phone. And while this was happening I told her what a huge fan I am, and that I can't wait for "I Am." I had her sign my "Glassheart" album booklet, and she was a little surprised I had it, as it wasn't released here. I'm so glad I asked her to sign it because I was nervous, thinking the people in charge would get annoyed (in fact some of the people in the line were annoyed at how long I was taking). The pen I brought wasn't working well so she asked a worker for a Sharipe and got one for me. It was so nice of her.
    She wrote my name on it and then signed it with love. She was so nice and asked "am I following you on Twitter." And then she used my pen and wrote my twitter handle on her actual palm!!! And now she's following me on twitter. I said I love you once again and she said I love you too and then we hugged.

It was such an amazing experience. She was so so nice. This whole post may sound overly-fan-like and sappy but I'm still buzzing. I had to sit in my car with my friend for like 15 minutes and just reflect before I could leave. :)

Aw this was so lovely to read. So glad the likes of you, TXLLFan(?) and everyone else got to meet her as I know you've been dedicated fans for years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Will the American views on the Thunder audio video count as sale?

Yes and no. They will count towards streaming figures for the song and to the song's total chart points for the Hot 100. The views/streaming figures will count towards the certification of the song in the US (so Gold certification 500k+, Platinum 1 million+ etc). Not sure what forumla they use to count streaming/views towards certifications.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just saw the advert that uses "Fire Under My Feet" again! It's for UnReal show which is on Lifetime TV channel. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    Great news guys, "Thunder" has appeared on the taking off list on all access for HAC. Currently 2 stations have given it spins:

WBZZ - 7 spins (ranked #25)
    KLLC - 5 spins (ranked #4)

Most of the spins from these stations have been overnight spins, although KLLC have given it 2 evening spins. Things looking good so far! :D

I don't want to jinx things but I honestly think this is gonna do really, really well on Hot AC, potentially a top 5 on there. I just have a really good feeling and I never have good feelings about Leona + commercial success anymore so I must be right :cool:

Great news about KLLC already giving it early support to.

edit: How did Happy & I Will Be perform on Hot AC, does anyone know?
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to jinx things but I honestly think this is gonna do really, really well on Hot AC, potentially a top 5 on there. I just have a really good feeling and I never have good feelings about Leona + commercial success anymore so I must be right :cool:

Great news about KLLC already giving it early support to.

edit: How did Happy & I Will Be perform on Hot AC, does anyone know?

Im totally clueless about these things but what does top 5 on Hot AC means? Does this mean it will chart high in BB top100?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im totally clueless about these things but what does top 5 on Hot AC means? Does this mean it will chart high in BB top100?

I mean top 5 on the airplay chart. :)

http://kworb.net/radio/ - If you click on HAC that's the airplay chart I'm referring to. If it goes top 5 on there it'll be reaching around 30 million listeners (audience impressions). US charts are a combination of airplay & sales so if it does well on Hot AC it'll definitely have a good start on the Hot 100 for sure!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean top 5 on the airplay chart. :)

http://kworb.net/radio/ - If you click on HAC that's the airplay chart I'm referring to. If it goes top 5 on there it'll be reaching around 30 million listeners (audience impressions). US charts are a combination of airplay & sales so if it does well on Hot AC it'll definitely have a good start on the Hot 100 for sure!

Aah ok thanks :D
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thunder probably already has more than Collide's peak 0.05m AI in US :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    volume3d wrote: »
    Thunder probably already has more than Collide's peak 0.05m AI in US :)

It currently has 0.033AI on HAC, so won't be long. :)

I don't think "Happy" & "I Will Be" did partcularly well on HAC in the US, I think both went Top 30. I know "I see You" managed to go Top 20 on AC radio despite not being released there.

i think with the promotion Leona has done/will do and the fact the song sounds suited to the format, I hope it'll manage to go top 15 at least.
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    "Never Gonna Let You Down" is up against Leona Lewis today on @1043MYfm 's My Music Challenge. You can vote here: http://t.co/86doTYrA4i

https://twitter.com/ColbieCaillat/status/624297523960786949

Does this mean they're testing the song out?

Time to vote. It's 55% to Colbie. 45% Leona.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariella52 wrote: »

Does this mean they're testing the song out?

I saw this on Twitter this morning, at the moment Colbie is winning, so everyone should vote, it could be important.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this on Twitter this morning, at the moment Colbie is winning, so everyone should vote, it could be important.

It says votings ends 22/7
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It says votings ends 22/7
    Well, the percentage is changing so it might be worth a go.
  • Options
    shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The poll is still open, we need to vote!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariella52 wrote: »
    Well, the percentage is changing so it might be worth a go.

True, I'll tweet it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up to 47%
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Oh great, Colbie has tweeted it
    @ColbieCaillat
    "Never Gonna Let You Down" is up against Leona Lewis today on @1043MYfm 's My Music Challenge. You can vote here: http://www.1043myfm.com/onair/my-music-challenge-54150/my-music-challenge-colbie-caillat-vs-13787565/

• Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Yesss 50/50 now
  • Options
    Regina_PhalangeRegina_Phalange Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    50/50 on that poll!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Yesss 50/50 now

Yes :cool: It was posted at 1am today so the 7/22 must be an error and most likely ends at 6pm today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »

It was 55% to,Colbie at that point. Which means 45% had already voted for Leona before we started.

It's 50/50 now. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona's winning! Let's get it super high so they know it's popular :D

Do they do this everyday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah I remember the days of voting on radio polls, time to get voting. :cool: Let's do this! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BL US version only needs 150k :eek:
This discussion has been closed.