How Successful Has Amy Winehouse Been?

Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
Forum Member
✭✭
She has been in the news this week for all the wrong reasons so I thought I'd start a thread about her music.

How much have her albums sold?
Has she had any number ones?
What are her best selling singles?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_winehouse

Frank (debut album) nominated for the Mercury. Back To Black nominated for five grammies, won the big four, only British singer to ever win four grammies. Won a brit award and won three Ivor Norvellos. Frank went platinum and she played at Glasto and V off it. Back To Black went five times platinum in the Uk and the best selling album of 2007. It also reached number 7 in the american album charts and sold two million over there.

I think from that, she can judged to be slightly successful. ;)
  • burbsburbs Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nowhere near as succesful as she should have and could have been if she had of got herself in order
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just read her album "Back To Black" Sold over 11,000,000 copies!
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not sure what her best selling singles are but Rehab charted highest at no.7, although she also reached no.2 along with Mark Ronson on his version of Valerie
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    I have just read her album "Back To Black" Sold over 11,000,000 copies!

Is this true?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back To Black is arguably the biggest album of the century so far. In terms of music sales etc. Amy isn't really a chart artist but I would expect her next album/single to go straight in at No. 1 (probably). Her debut Frank did quite well considering it was jazz - she still received quite a lot of notoriety etc. I would say AW is probably England's no. 1 musician at the moment anyway. I can't wait for her third album!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy's done incredibly well. :) She's not really a singles artist, because her singles aren't pop (with the exception of Rehab and Valerie, her highest charting songs). However, her albums will sell incredibly well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Is this true?

It's actually more than this. I read from some report a while back that it was 14 million. She's famous everywhere which is why the record company are desperate to get a new album out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    how successful?

more than she deserves IMO.

according to somebody I know that knew her, she has always been 'trouble' and 'unpopular' amongst her peers. no wonder she gets involved - the female Pete Docherty, but with a better voice (when with it enough to bother).

decent singer, largely wasted talent.