Ramsay Street to be renamed!

Comments

• AWESOM-O 4000AWESOM-O 4000 Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wherver its a joke or not doesnt matter.

This women has ruined Neighbours, even as recent as 2 or so years ago it was a great watch, not as good as its heyday years from 2003-2005 but still excellent.

The last year or so has been horrible to watch quite honestly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is an April Fool, I don't see anyone laughing.

Mind you, considering that it's come from Susan Bower, I don't think anyone would be prepared to indulge her anyway.
  • Bitebug2003Bitebug2003 Posts: 8,671
    Forum Member
    I stopped watching it in 2006/2007 but this is an absolute outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I wonder what Reg Watson has to say about it :(

On Summer Hoyland's return -- Shame it's not Marisa Siketa reprising her role.
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    looks like a joke, but with the way the show is going its not too much of a stretch. Neighbours in unwatchable these days :(
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    This kind of adds up. A friend of mine who works on the production crew said he overheard a phone call, and they said "to make the show fresher, improve ratings and appeal to younger audiences, they were going to rename the show to "Avenue High". I thought it was a stupid joke, until I read this. I guess thats where the Avenue part is from :(

Should we start a protest?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    It's an April Fool. It already is April 1st in Aus, it's a bit more publicity for the show for it's anniversary.

The street is hardly an Avenue under any circumstances and maybe it's a plot, ie, Paul getting the streets name changed (like they tried in the 80s during the Ramsay v Robinson feud) and the residents vow to get it changed back. Which they may do just in time for Augusts ep6,0000.

Just silly fun
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    People are taking this FAR to seriously....
  • JackWJackW Posts: 45,892
    Forum Member
    I really,really hope this "joke" backfires SO badly on Susan Bower!! She deserves it too. :mad:

I'd apologise,but after the damage she's done to this show,I'm not sorry!
    Forum Member
    well, to be fair, the idea behind April Fool gags is to get people to fall for it.

I hope SB has been reading this forum!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    saj2 wrote: »
    I was going to ask if this was an April fools but it isn't April 1st yet!
    errrm....it is in Oz :)
  • TheTapTheTap Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    People still watch Neighbours?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's not an April Fools joke it won't last long. They've tried it before...I remember a big hoo har about the street name. Was it something to do with it should have been called Robinson Street instead of Ramsey? I'm not sure. But I don't anticipate the name change being forever.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would they change it?Its not like the characters know its 25
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly the most rubbish April Fool's joke I've ever heard.

I think I dislike Susan Bower even more now, if that's possible.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone remember when they tried to Rename it Ramsbottom Street? :D
  • linlamlinlam Posts: 9,023
    Forum Member
    Quick edit

oops...already been discussed.:o
    Forum Member
    misspeg wrote: »
    If it's not an April Fools joke it won't last long. They've tried it before...I remember a big hoo har about the street name. Was it something to do with it should have been called Robinson Street instead of Ramsey? I'm not sure. But I don't anticipate the name change being forever.

Yes, it was part of the plot about 20 years ago...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,306
    Forum Member
    I stopped watching it in 2006/2007 but this is an absolute outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I wonder what Reg Watson has to say about it :(

On Summer Hoyland's return -- Shame it's not Marisa Siketa reprising her role.

I like the new Summer.

And the past few weeks oz Neighbours have been fantastic!
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,929
    Forum Member
    I think it's a real shame that the production team at Neighbours have to resort to cheap stunts like this to attract interest rather than concentrating on making a program that people actually want to watch!

Happy April Fools Day Susan Bower but you really are the biggest fool out there!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    It's 100% an April Fools Joke. Neighbours does one every year. Some people on here were foolish enough to buy it so it worked. The whole point is to make people laugh or fool them and at least for one second Neighbours did make us laugh. Plus hang in with Neighbours as they have some good storylines coming up. More old type stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    It's 100% an April Fools Joke. Neighbours does one every year. Some people on here were foolish enough to buy it so it worked. The whole point is to make people laugh or fool them and at least for one second Neighbours did make us laugh. Plus hang in with Neighbours as they have some good storylines coming up. More old type stuff.

Nothing at all will change until a new producer is brought in. Susan Bower has spent the past year taking Neighbours in the direction she wants (even though it is so wrong), completely disregarding everything the show stands for. :rolleyes:
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Right well.. if it's an april fools then i actually applaud Susan Bower, because it was to get people talking, and it has, so really if it's an April Fool it has worked..

However, if it is true, then it's stupid, but i'm not going to be upset about it, because it's the name of the street, they hardly ever say "Ramsay street" on the show so to me, it doesn't make that much of a difference.
    Forum Member
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    Right well.. if it's an april fools then i actually applaud Susan Bower, because it was to get people talking, and it has, so really if it's an April Fool it has worked..

However, if it is true, then it's stupid, but i'm not going to be upset about it, because it's the name of the street, they hardly ever say "Ramsay street" on the show so to me, it doesn't make that much of a difference.

It is important because the premise of Neighbours is the history of the Robinson and Ramsay dynasities on that street.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    EuroChris wrote: »
    It is important because the premise of Neighbours is the history of the Robinson and Ramsay dynasities on that street.

Ok that's fair enough, but to me it has not much meaning since well i wasn't born back then lol
    Forum Member
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    Ok that's fair enough, but to me it has not much meaning since well i wasn't born back then lol

Neither was I. :D:D