Options

Paul Merton in India

AdsAds Posts: 37,057
Forum Member
This should be good tonight as his show in China was interesting. Bit bizarre that ITV are also screening a travel show at the same time though.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Merton in China was very good, hopefully this will be just as good.
  • Options
    davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to this programme tonight, the ones about China last year were awesome.
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I'm loving the monkey civil servants :D
  • Options
    DracarysDracarys Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, I missed the first half an hour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love the bit on the plane...hilarious but ....sad!
  • Options
    BootleBootle Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha, Paul stoned. This is a very good programme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I missed the first twenty minutes so didn't see the plane.
  • Options
    DracarysDracarys Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, when's the next programme on, same time next week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wasn't that so exotic? I'd love to travel in India with a guide like Paul had.
  • Options
    Dub1Dub1 Posts: 5,959
    Forum Member
    Brilliant stuff.Really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely terrible programme. What a waste of an excellent location and interesting people. Paul Merton simply doesn't know how to talk to people so that they reveal anything. It all came down to him mugging at the funny foreigners. How tiresome.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this after seeing World's Greatest Cities with Griff Rhys Jones and while that one was quite good I enjoyed PMII more with its weird and wonderful moments like The Plane and the naked Holy Men :eek: but I defintetly be watching next week.

There's another series planned for 2009 which will set in Germany.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owllover wrote: »
    I missed the first twenty minutes so didn't see the plane.

Its repeated on Sunday night on fiver :)
  • Options
    barneybbarneyb Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Cantank wrote: »
    Absolutely terrible programme. What a waste of an excellent location and interesting people. Paul Merton simply doesn't know how to talk to people so that they reveal anything. It all came down to him mugging at the funny foreigners. How tiresome.

He did come across as a bit awkward , I thought...certainly doesn't have the "warmth" of Michael Palin , but overall I quite enjoyed the programme
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it. :)

The China series was brilliant and this looks like it'll be great too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ice_cool wrote: »

Thanks ice but I don't think I can get fiver.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eek drinking the milk that the rats had been drinking i would not do that either.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    ice_cool wrote: »
    owllover wrote: »
    Thanks ice but I don't think I can get fiver.
    It's also repeated on Monday on Five at 10pm

I haven't seen it yet because I thought i'd catch it on Monday night
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I thought it was very watchable, I can see how he wouldn't be to everyones tastes but I thought it had some real LOL moments.

Best moment for me was Paul disembarking the plane and nearly breaking his neck :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was pretty good.

The bit where he came down the emergency slide from the plane and landed on his head was brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    Dant27 wrote: »
    I thought it was very watchable, I can see how he wouldn't be to everyones tastes but I thought it had some real LOL moments.

Best moment for me was Paul disembarking the plane and nearly breaking his neck :D

Yes that was funny, that and him being stoned were highlights. I wonder how much of that was acting, and how much was the waccy baccy? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barneyb wrote: »
    He did come across as a bit awkward , I thought...certainly doesn't have the "warmth" of Michael Palin , but overall I quite enjoyed the programme

I love Paul's style and really enjoyed the programme. Someone should open one of those plane places over here, my kids would love it and the rats drinking the milk looked very cute (not sure I would have liked walking around there with just socks on!)

After the programme I thought how much better he was than Michael Palin who comes across as a bit (shall I say) patronising or like his audience are school children - my personal opinion anyway.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were looking forward to seeing Paul Merton in India but were so dissapointed, it was so trite. Did'nt see anything of India and its beautiful buildings, just rats, monkeys, cows and dirty back streets, it was a joke.
  • Options
    able1able1 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merton was hopeless in the China series, so it should come as no surprise.

He behaves like an embarrassed sixth former in his pieces to camera, you almost feel sorry for him.

What should be an interesting, entertaining and educational programme is ruined by this dolt.
    He lacks intellect quite evidently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was funny and ironic when Paul put his bit of meat directly in the dip and the three women were deeply offended by it.
    There are thousands of starving homeless kids in the streets outside for gods sake just eat the god damn dip !