Options

Fed up of celebrities moaning all the time

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone else?

It seems there is a celeb bithing about someone or something everywhere you turn. There's no escape from it, and it seems to be especially bad as of late.

I don't know about the rest of you but I've about had it up to hear with celebs knocking everything, everyone, and in particular each other.

I'm starting to wish they'd ALL just shut up and go away, even the ones I like! It's really getting on my nerves.

Comments

• Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's plenty of escape from it. Stay off the Internet and go read a book. Come back when you've had a rest.

Seriously, it's that easy :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    There's plenty of escape from it. Stay off the Internet and go read a book. Come back when you've had a rest.

Seriously, it's that easy :)

I disagree. I think you'd have to do a blanket ban on all media to really escape it. It's everywhere, and seems to have reached ridiculous levels lately for some reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know. There's plenty on TV that doesn't revolve around celebs, and if you're into a good novel you're less likely to pick up a mag or paper. A change is as good as a rest and all that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    I don't know. There's plenty on TV that doesn't revolve around celebs, and if you're into a good novel you're less likely to pick up a mag or paper. A change is as good as a rest and all that.

I love celeb gossip so I don't know that it's anything I'm doing wrong. I don't care about stories that are just silly pieces to fill column inches but there seems to be a lot of genuine bitterness in celebland right now. Just wondering where it's coming from, I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    I love celeb gossip so I don't know that it's anything I'm doing wrong. I don't care about stories that are just silly pieces to fill column inches but there seems to be a lot of genuine bitterness in celebland right now. Just wondering where it's coming from, I guess.
    X Factor :D

No, seriously. Just take a short break and come back to it when you're ready. All the annoyances will then make you smile.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've answered your own question. You like to read gossip, so it has to come from somewhere. Celebs are followed 24/7 so they never really get the breathing space needed to do anything exciting and because of this, they give boring, bland pr pre-approved interviews, which the journalists then edit at will to give their own spin on things. Sprinkle in some misleading headlines, some quotes allegedly from a source and hey presto, you have a story completely taken out of context but it will sell more.

Mags/papers aren't stupid. Stories of people being grateful for their lot don't sell. Whinging and scandal get people talking. Personally, I never buy mags/papers, I just come on here and read links to articles people have posted and then have a good old bitch about whoever it was. All celeb gossip is repetitive and boring - someone has weight issues, someone got engaged/married/divorced/pregnant. Someone cheated blah blah blah. Celeb lives overall are no different to everyone else's and the fact that they are called celebs is a joke in itself. Seriously, how many people who are currently famous, have actually lived such interesting/useful lives, that their lives are worth celebrating?
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you frequent sites and read newspapers/mags which contain a lot of celeb gossip, then you're going to encounter celebs allegedly (or actually) slagging each other off. As other posters have said, if it bothers you that much, step away from the celeb gossip sites.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    if it bothers you that much, step away from the celeb gossip sites.

It's weird, as normally I enjoy a bit of bitching too, but I just feel like there's an overwhemling about of negativity coming from celeb corners right now.

Maybe you guys are right about me needing to take a breather from it for a bit - a little holiday from time to time never hurt anyone. :)
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fed up with bad grammar...........you could stop reading rubbish and improve your English instead
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    I'm fed up with bad grammar...........you could stop reading rubbish and improve your English instead

Is that aimed at me?

Either way, get a life. It's a forum, not an English exam.
  • Options
    LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think theyre moaning an awful lot about nothing ill gladly take their private limos and private planes and millions in the bank in exchange for a fw flashbulbs loads of famous people manage to stay out the limelight when they want to
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    This website happens to be my only source of gossip, I don't watch reality TV, most of the time I spend online is looking for new design ideas for my handmade jewellery and knitting projects, and there is nothing better than reading a really absorbing novel to pass the time. I don't watch chat shows, read the tabloids or magazines and if celebrity gossip becomes too much then all I do is avoid Digitalspy - there all sorted.

It is very easy, with just a few alterations to your life, to avoid any and all celebrity gossip should you so wish. However, as it appears you don't just be a bit more selective about the stories you click on to read online and don't pick up the likes of Heat and Now (two magazines I have seen when passing through the newsagents to pick up the occasional lottery ticket, but can happily say I have never picked up to read).
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like celeb gossip and their dramas. My mum watches soaps, I read trashy mags :D

However, I've had a crappy year and lately I am a bit tired of 'poor me' stories from celeb land. Not stories about Danny Baker, Michael Douglas or Lily Allen who have my real sympathy. But privacy issues, can't find a man, feuds, UK is crap etc. Just not in the mood and I can't identify at all. Not picked up a magazine in ages now and my only source is DS. Kind of skipping the moany stories and reading the shallow phwaor/funny ones :)

I don't think there's more, but I think I notice them more because they wind me up more.