Margaret Thatcher dead

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Uk Ltd wrote: »
    A beautiful woman, gorgeous figure on her in her heyday too. I'll always cherish my erotic dreams about her.

Rip Magz x

Well I suppose there's no accounting for taste...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely weather today. The sun is shining!
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »
    I don't recall Callaghan or Heath having one, and they've both died in the past decade.

Ooops didn't realise that, I know Churchill had one. So just assumed that they all did.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    She possibly deserves one.

I don't think she deserves one. Maybe living in one of the areas she tore apart leaves me biased, but I think she caused too much damage to too many people.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    On a "Breaking News" banner on the BBC web site now.

Couldn't stand the woman or anything she stood for while in office. She has cut something of a sorry figure since leaving no.10 and while I can't say I'm sad to see her passing I agree that now is not the appropriate time to be making offensive statements.

100% agree ........I always said I'd jump up and down etc. etc.

Now it's happened - I just feel sad for her family.

The recent film with Meryl Streep mellowed my views a teeeensiest bit.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yippee!!!!! Ding dong the witch is dead. I am so happy. I'll have a great sess in the gym today.

Ridiculous post
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she got rid of that godawful luke warm milk we were made to drink at primary school. And she made a fantastic spitting image puppet. God Bless her.

Glad she's with her beloved Dennis now.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    firesale1 wrote: »
    So was Churchill.

Thatcher deserves a state funeral, nothing less would do.

Similarly I wouldn't think it wrong in principle for Blair to have one, bearing in mind the impact he had on the UK. But of course it would be divisive too.
    How the hell does she deserve a state funeral? Or is that out of sentiment.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ic wrote: »
    Party at 6 on Saturday in Trafalgar Square apparently according to Twitter

Sounds like a great opportunity to get kettled.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    highlight wrote: »
    I was against the ladies policies but its not the right time or place to discuss this as others are doing, don't agree with people who want to trash her today - it's not cool.

RIP from a lefty!!!!!!

I agree here, people have had enough outspoken opinions whilst she was alive -today is not the time!
  • Dust MonkeyDust Monkey Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R.I.P to a 20th century icon.

I don't necessarily agree with her politics but I respect her as a woman who broke through the glass ceiling. It's hard to imagine someone with her background managing to become PM today.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Very sad news R I P
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot wrote: »
    Oh dear, the DS forums aren't going to be a very nice place to be for the rest of the day.

what would you expect with people who think blair was any good ?
  • crabstercrabster Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already facebook and twitter is filled with comments from people who either were not alive during her time in office or were too young to be affected spouting how "happy" they are as if she had a massive negative effect on their own lives.
  • RodneyRodney Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree,

RIP Maggie Thatcher one of the great visionary leaders of our time.

Nothing less than a state funeral will do.

No! and No!
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,591
    Forum Member
    Diddums.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    mindset wrote: »
    Sky news reporting she will be accorded an Official Funeral. State Funerals are reserved for members of the Royal family.

Really? I think certain PMs and military figures have had state funerals. Thatcher was both an epic PM and a military leader (Falklands). It follows that she qualifies for a state funeral.

What's the difference between an official funeral and a state funeral!?
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    I dread to think of some of the comments that will appear around the internet.

They couldn't defeat her when she was alive so all the left can do is boo and throw insults now that she's dead.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    Shockingly BBC1 FAILED to interrupt Bargain Hunt at 12.52 with this IMPORTANT story. I'm outraged.:mad:

Seriously? :confused:

The 1pm news was a mere 8 minutes away, and it was already being covered on the BBC News channel.
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Its says a lot about her impact - that you have no memory of Jim Callaghan (who died 7 years ago) or Harold Wilson who died in 1995.

Yes but I don't remember those being PM, I only really remember Margaret Thatcher. I was just starting secondary school when she came into term so was more aware of her.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soran wrote: »
    Can I have my milk back now?

It's ironic that the third item on the BBC website is about milk rationing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

Or maybe BBC mischief making . . .
  • icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    I dread to think of some of the comments that will appear around the internet.

Her policies destroyed a lot of peoples lives and they won't forgive her .My own father and his brother were made unemployed when their mine was closed down .They were 50 and 53 and never worked again .I know they'd be rejoicing today.
  • ErlangErlang Posts: 6,619
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    Apparently it has been known for a long time that she didn't want a state funeral, she didn't want all the pomp and circumstances that go with it. I know the other PM's before her have had one..but not sure what will happen now as she didn't want one. Will she get a quiet one or will it still be televised..

This is the first time a PM has died in my lifetime so not sure what or how it will be shown on the t.v. Will there be nothing but programmes about her etc.. Or will it all be on the News channel.?

R.I.P. Margaret Thatcher.

Are you under 8 years old?

James Callahan died 2005
    Ted Heath died 2005
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm opening the champagne. Couldn't stand her. The world is a safer place!
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    she got rid of that godawful luke warm milk we were made to drink at primary school. And she made a fantastic spitting image puppet. God Bless her.

Glad she's with her beloved Dennis now.

too right that milk was awful
This discussion has been closed.