Ray and maria why should they work so hard

musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
Forum Member
Just watched the results, and am disgusted by the fact ray was in the skate off and Beth, who shouldn't have won her own series is in the final, i cant remember a song or routine she has done ever... That bland, boring... People are voting because of pathetic reasons.. And its dancing on ice.. Any one who ever stepped onnit.. Knows how hard to.mater, ray hasn't kept it up yet been miles ahead through working his behind off with Maria to do it, he can skate on his own, what Beth and Hayley cant...
my feeling right no wonder doi being axed wrong people have won so many times, Beth, Suzanne.. Ray and Maria should call in sick next week he's champion in gbp eyes and making that clear on twitter right now

Comments

• Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    musicangel wrote: »
    Just watched the results, and am disgusted by the fact ray was in the skate off and Beth, who shouldn't have won her own series is in the final, i cant remember a song or routine she has done ever... That bland, boring... People are voting because of pathetic reasons.. And its dancing on ice.. Any one who ever stepped onnit.. Knows how hard to.mater, ray hasn't kept it up yet been miles ahead through working his behind off with Maria to do it, he can skate on his own, what Beth and Hayley cant...
    my feeling right no wonder doi being axed wrong people have won so many times, Beth, Suzanne.. Ray and Maria should call in sick next week he's champion in gbp eyes and making that clear on twitter right now

?? :confused: What?? :confused::confused:

Who should have won then?

Matt?
    Luke?
  • musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    Matt...
    Forum Member
    She should have gone weeks before that final not in same league for this one...
  • Tony_BurkeTony_Burke Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    She should have gone weeks before that final not in same league for this one...

That is probably why there is no DOI next year - all they need to do is phone you and you can tell them who should win!!!!!

No one elses view counts obviously
  • DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    Matt...

How you expect anyone to properly take you seriously after that is a mystery to me.

Beth's in the final because she deserves to be, both based on her ability and the hard time she's received from the judges. Besides, Ray will probably get a bounce vote and some extra floating votes (as he is the best, after all) and will win next week, so you can go and pick your toys off the floor and put them back in the pram if you like. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Beth deserved to win, she was better than Matt and she deserves to be in this final. I hope she wins!
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love how people on here always seem to think they can speak for every single member of the GBP. Unless you have spoken to every single person who has ever voted in the show then you have no idea what they actually think and vote for the views of a few disgruntled fans on twitter hardly counts as a definitive consensus. If the GBP don't vote for Ray then how on earth can you say he is the champion in the GBPs eyes. If the people vote for Beth then she is the champ in the GBP eyes because they voted for her not him same with Hayley. Just because a few people think he is the best doesn't mean the great big wide voting public out there necessarily agree with that.

Beth was more than deserving of her win and her routines were hardly bland. Clown for one was a standout routine.

I'm guessing the issue is people don't seem to like girls winning at all. I don't get why people seem to think the guys have an automatic right to win why on earth should they. They aren't always better than the females. Matt last year contrary to all beliefs was not all that. He was not that great and why not bring him back to skate with Brianne this year if they really thought he was that great. Laura and Chloe for that matter were both better than Sam IMO and I think Claire should have won her series.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree, Laura and Chloe were better than Sam - Clare should've beat Kyran. I like your taste Tiggergirl.. ^_^

From an anti-Beth POV, the judges aren't helping matters by regularly scoring her low and commenting harshly. You'd think Jason and Robin would've learned from what happened last series.

Speaking as a Beth fan in a cruel, post-Suzanne (:cry:) world, it's great. :D

Ray suffered from jaded voter apathy, his worst week so far too. Ray and Maria should work as hard as the others to win, they shouldn't expect to turn up and be handed the trophy as Ray is the best skater. I don't think they do, but trying to answer the OP somehow. :confused:
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Before telling people how to vote, perhaps you should learn how to construct sentences properly.

And Beth can clearly skate on her own, she has consistently demonstrated this & did so tonight.

I don't think there has ever been an undeserving winner of Dancing On Ice. It's a public vote at the end of the day & you have to respect that. The judges should remember this too. Sure there are people I would have preferred to win but all those who have won have either been the best or one of the best in their series.
    Forum Member
    Beth = bland & boring performances
  • camy934camy934 Posts: 1,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh the anti-Beth brigade are really out in force now, the gbp vote for who they want to win, get over it!.
  • don robertodon roberto Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    I'm no fan of Ray but I freely admit that he is the best by a long way. That he should be in the Dance-off while Beth is voted through just beggars belief! I understand that people have their favourites and for reasons often unconnected with what the Show is about but to vote for a mediocre performer really takes the biscuit.

Such is life.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They heard Chris say she gave the best performances technically last night, often on here people say technique should matter more than anything, so from that view the vote is not entirely illogical. And it is not as if Beth does not perform at all, she does well when the theme of the routine suits her, just as they all do. Just that she often gets one that doesn't.
  • don robertodon roberto Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Indeed and it is unfortunate that Chris chose to react in such an unprofessional way by challenging the judges. I have commented elsewhere here on that.
  • BrightestStarBrightestStar Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    They heard Chris say she gave the best performances technically last night, often on here people say technique should matter more than anything, so from that view the vote is not entirely illogical. And it is not as if Beth does not perform at all, she does well when the theme of the routine suits her, just as they all do. Just that she often gets one that doesn't.

I've replied to the BIB on another thread but i'll put it here aswell:

Chris didn't say that, he said "Technically that was the hardest routine tonight" and "She's technically one of the best in the show".

No reference to her being technically the best.
  • Paul254Paul254 Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony_Burke wrote: »
    That is probably why there is no DOI next year - all they need to do is phone you and you can tell them who should win!!!!!

No one elses view counts obviously

In what way is it obvious, all he did was state his opinion, not say anything about how it as more important than anyone else's
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've replied to the BIB on another thread but i'll put it here aswell:

Chris didn't say that, he said "Technically that was the hardest routine tonight" and "She's technically one of the best in the show".

No reference to her being technically the best.

I'll take your word for that (given that i could always go on Player to check :D)

However, the point about technique as a votewinner, I'd suggest, still stands. :)
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    They work so hard because they are perfectionists. It would not be in their nature to do otherwise. If they are not rewarded for their hard work, perfectionism and, above all, extraordinary talent, it will be a travesty.
  • tangos_with_timtangos_with_tim Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    Besides, Ray will probably get a bounce vote and some extra floating votes (as he is the best, after all) and will win next week, so you can go and pick your toys off the floor and put them back in the pram if you like. :)

Yeah, I'd be amazed if not. Tbh I was hoping for Ray in the skate off this week, but against Hayley - Ray would obviously go through so the best skaters would be in the final, plus Ray would get the bounce-back public vote in the final.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beth = bland & boring performances

Your opinion...

In my opinion, she's pretty damn good:p