Options

Panasonic Viera TX-L32E6B LED HD

A random thread/post admittedly but just in case anyone is mulling over buying this smart TV.....John Lewis will do a price match with Richer Sounds on this TV (at £339.95 - with a 5 year guarantee (both retailers do that))

Panasonic Viera TX-L32E6B LED HD

Comments

• Options
    Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have one of these - or another fro the range? If so, has anyone tried to download 4 on Demand? Meeting problems downloading Adobe flash drive so I can watch 4oD. Cheers.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,528
    Forum Member
    Anyone have one of these - or another fro the range? If so, has anyone tried to download 4 on Demand? Meeting problems downloading Adobe flash drive so I can watch 4oD. Cheers.

It's a TV not a computer, they only have severely limited browser facilities, if the set supports 4 On Demand then it will be there as an 'app' along with iPlayer etc, services which use completely different access to computers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, but it is a smart TV so one might expect a little more flexibility. No worries - I will have to watch via HDMI from laptop to the TV. Thanks as ever for responding (probably the real thrust of my post was to establish if there was a way and I was not being a thicko).
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,528
    Forum Member
    Ah, but it is a smart TV so one might expect a little more flexibility.

'Smart' is a very misleading term for them! :D
  • Options
    AlanOAlanO Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're probably best off buying the TV you like then adding something else which does the On Demand services well. Give it a few months and the chance for more apps to arrive and Chromecast may be a good way forward. Alternatively something like the Sky Now TV box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very happy with the purchase. Perhaps more apps will be added in due course. Thanks for responding.
  • Options
    SibeberSibeber Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very happy with the purchase. Perhaps more apps will be added in due course. Thanks for responding.

Had this TV since summer of 2013 ..absolutley love it ..it cost £399 then so a good saving to be had right now !