Malaysian Airline 777 missing 239 feared dead

Comments

• lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's safe to say that we haven't or we'd be on our way to Diego Garcia by now :D ;-)

Maybe you are the Illuminati, and like the other members, you just don't know that you are. :o

Tricksy getting us all to go check the website, what were you up to while our backs were turned eh? :p
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Echo's just turned.

7.5/306
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Mines working again now :D

I just had a look at Echo & Ocean Shields tracks & they're both doing their usual thing.

Dong Hai Jiu is off to Australia by the looks of things & Nan Hai Jiu is going to Singapore. I wonder what (if anything) that means :confused:

I've still got Dong Hai Jiu 101 close to Nan Hai Jiu 101, south and slightly to the west of the marked surface search area (big purple square). Toowoomba is in fairly close company. However, I do have the Malaysian warship, Lekiu, heading off in the direction of Perth at a stately 13 knots.
    Forum Member
    Maybe you are the Illuminati, and like the other members, you just don't know that you are. :o

Tricksy getting us all to go check the website, what were you up to while our backs were turned eh? :p

Apparently, and without even realising it, I'd temporarily turned into a lizard and was busy catching flies. :o

Should I be worried? :D
  • NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've still got Dong Hai Jiu 101 close to Nan Hai Jiu 101, south and slightly to the west of the marked surface search area (big purple square). Toowoomba is in fairly close company. However, I do have the Malaysian warship, Lekiu, heading off in the direction of Perth at a stately 13 knots.

I was looking at their destinations listed :blush:

I can't even see your Toowoomba on there!

I do see that Hai Xun is booting along & close off the coast of Perth now.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    The latter option. It's understandable that people may question what I say... there are so many people on here who say stuff in order to get noticed. However, I really couldn't care less about that... I just wanted people to be aware that there's hopefully some concrete information coming about the fate of the plane in the next day or so.

I can't reveal my sources, or any further details... but I will say that the Royal Navy are going to come out if it looking rather good.

Good grief...what is this concrete made of, exactly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently, and without even realising it, I'd temporarily turned into a lizard and was busy catching flies. :o

Should I be worried? :D

Well based on this, and that you don't know what happened to the plane, i think we can safely rule out Illuminati. And lizard people. :D

It's a slow news day today. :(
    Forum Member
    I was looking at their destinations listed :blush:

I can't even see your Toowoomba on there!

I do see that Hai Xun is booting along & close off the coast of Perth now.

It's just listed as "Australian Warship" but I mistakenly thought it was hanging around with Dong Hai Jiu and Nan Hai Jiu. It's not! It's off to the north-east of those two; closer to Seahorse Standard and Success.
    Forum Member
    I also see Cesar Chavez is hot on the heels of British Holly. I wonder if the captain of Cesar Chavez intends to pass on a message from Echo and Ocean Shield when he catches up! :D
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    Bungitin wrote: »
    Echo's just turned.
    7.5/306

It's about to finish a complete lap of the outside of the pinger search area since last night, but turned back on itself for an hour or so, perhaps to collect some debris it found? Certain things could still pop to the surface in this area if the black boxes are down there, but I won't go any further into that! :o

It's a slow news day today. :(

It certainly is! Except in Ukraine...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    It certainly is! Except in Ukraine...

Tum ti tum, I meant for this thread. :blush:
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mines working again now :D

I just had a look at Echo & Ocean Shields tracks & they're both doing their usual thing.

Dong Hai Jiu is off to Australia by the looks of things & Nan Hai Jiu is going to Singapore. I wonder what (if anything) that means :confused:
    No such luck here. :(:(>:(>:(:confused:

Worth adding it went down after doing a screen refresh too......so watch out those who do a refresher! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big read http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=262252:mh370-was-thrown-around-like-a-fighter-jet--flown-under-the-radar-to-avoid-detection-msian-sources&Itemid=2#axzz2ynNOZGhy

I thought the 45k altitude was more or less deemed to be impossible, but it seems to be back on the table.

And stuff down the bottom for those that love a bit of Echo and Tireless. :p
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    Also when they originally announced that it had dropped in altitude down to 4 to 5000ft to avoid the radar, that was poo-poo'd but it now seems to be back in the running as well.
    Forum Member
    Yay HMAS Toowoomba now has an actual name on MarineTraffic! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shipping site back up and running......whoopee. :D

Now i can keep my eye on 'em and track the slackers. :cool:
    Forum Member
    http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-color-red-mh370-tragedy-font-m-sia-discussing-with-experts-on-custody-of-mh370-black-box-1.564885

I was just reading this article in the nst from yesterday regarding the blackbox possession and have noticed another 'Hishammuddin-ism'. There are 2 interesting paragraphs half way down. He starts off by saying that the co-pilot didn't make a call and then follows it up by saying the issue will be revealed when the time came, What is there to reveal if there was not a telephone call?

Hishammuddin also said that there was no telephone call made by MH370 co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid when the plane was flying low on the day it disappeared as reported in the newspaper.

However he said, the issue would be in the realm of the police and other relevant international agencies and would be revealed when the time came.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Yay HMAS Toowoomba now has an actual name on MarineTraffic! :D
    CoughCats the founding member of TAS (Toowoomba Appreciation Society) so she will be pleased. She's a ship 'groupie'. :cool:
  • curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-color-red-mh370-tragedy-font-m-sia-discussing-with-experts-on-custody-of-mh370-black-box-1.564885

I was just reading this article in the nst from yesterday regarding the blackbox possession and have noticed another 'Hishammuddin-ism'. There are 2 interesting paragraphs half way down. He starts off by saying that the co-pilot didn't make a call and then follows it up by saying the issue will be revealed when the time came, What is there to reveal if there was not a telephone call?

Hishammuddin also said that there was no telephone call made by MH370 co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid when the plane was flying low on the day it disappeared as reported in the newspaper.

However he said, the issue would be in the realm of the police and other relevant international agencies and would be revealed when the time came.

:confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »

I think it might be the difference between the phone connecting to a tower, and a call being made.

Today the official line seems to be "I'm unaware of anything and bad newspapers reporting it", he then pulled his pants back up as he'd been caught with them down. :D
    Forum Member
    I think it might be the difference between the phone connecting to a tower, and a call being made.

Today the official line seems to be "I'm unaware of anything and bad newspapers reporting it", he then pulled his pants back up as he'd been caught with them down. :D

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    CoughCats the founding member of TAS (Toowoomba Appreciation Society) so she will be pleased. She's a ship 'groupie'. :cool:

I'm a "he"!

(Just checked and ... yup ... all the bits are there!) :D
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Anyone think its strange not one shred of debris has been found?

I know its a massive area and it's been a long time, but you would think they would have spotted something floating in the area.
    Forum Member
    Yes, very strange, and I think that's why they are reluctant to start the underwater sub search, as they could do with a bit of independent corroboration of the ping area. I hope it wasn't Tireless - or some other submarine from Russia or China doing a bit of mischief-making in the area! :o
  • Snow MartianSnow Martian Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »

Wait...this is actually a "thing"??.... on a thread about 239 people dieing in a plane crash?
This discussion has been closed.