Dancing on Ice - The Final Tour | 28th March - 27th April 2014

Comments

• doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just back from this afternoon's show in the Hydro, Glasgow and commented right away that the rink was smaller than the one they had last time at the SECC.

I liked the atmosphere in the arena and all the celebs gave pretty much fault free performances. Kyran started off and I was surprised he got three 10's. As expected Nicky was the 'bad judge' and his scores were a point or two lower than Robin and Karen for the rest of the skates except Ray who skated last and also got three 10's.

The final 2 was Ray and Beth with Ray winning the trophy.

Some awesome performances from the professionals, for me Andy and Robin skating together was mesmerising and I enjoyed seeing my favourite skater Brianne:) doing a group routine with a set of angel wings on.

Chrs and Jane finished the show with an emotional performance of Bolero and I went home thoroughly entertained.

How did Bonnie do?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Tonights show was amazing. I cant remember scores etc other than Kyran got 40 and topped the board with Beth 2nd. Ray had a cracker of a fall during his routine and ended up 2nd bottom on the leaderboard.

Final 3 were Hayley, Kyran and Beth. Beth and Lukasz won.

Dan was being very cheeky tonight and was winding Karen up when she was trying to comment on his and Hayleys routine and making her laugh so much she couldnt speak. She told him he was in trouble backstage lol

The 2nd half was amazing. Everyone skated very well.

I got to meet my fave female pro Brianne afterwards. She knew me from twitter and was so lovely. I got 2 hugs from her and we had a photo. Also met Beth who was just lovely and Jayne and Chris. Jayne was super chatty and lovely. Chris didnt really say much.

I'm sad my DOI experience is over but I hope Jayne and Chris will tour with the pro skaters at some point. That would be amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonights show was amazing. I cant remember scores etc other than Kyran got 40 and topped the board with Beth 2nd. Ray had a cracker of a fall during his routine and ended up 2nd bottom on the leaderboard.

Final 3 were Hayley, Kyran and Beth. Beth and Lukasz won.

Dan was being very cheeky tonight and was winding Karen up when she was trying to comment on his and Hayleys routine and making her laugh so much she couldnt speak. She told him he was in trouble backstage lol

The 2nd half was amazing. Everyone skated very well.

I got to meet my fave female pro Brianne afterwards. She knew me from twitter and was so lovely. I got 2 hugs from her and we had a photo. Also met Beth who was just lovely and Jayne and Chris. Jayne was super chatty and lovely. Chris didnt really say much.

I'm sad my DOI experience is over but I hope Jayne and Chris will tour with the pro skaters at some point. That would be amazing.

Wow that sounds amazing! By 40 do you mean 30?

Happy that ray didn't win as it makes it less predictable?

If you can remember any other scores please share :)

How was Bonnie?
    Forum Member
    Yes sorry, 30.

Bonnie was great. She got her highest score of the tour so far. I think she got 9.0 from Karen and Robin and slightly less from Nicky. Not 100% sure though.

Yeah it was nice to see someone else win for a change :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes sorry, 30.

Bonnie was great. She got her highest score of the tour so far. I think she got 9.0 from Karen and Robin and slightly less from Nicky. Not 100% sure though.

Yeah it was nice to see someone else win for a change :)

Do you know what scores Ray got.

Kyran seems to be getting better each show.

I go in 13 days, so excited
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow that sounds amazing! By 40 do you mean 30?

Happy that ray didn't win as it makes it less predictable?

If you can remember any other scores please share :)

How was Bonnie?

Hardly makes it less predictable if the only way Ray doesn't win is to have a bad fall though does it? Unless he does fall it seems certain he will win which really he should as he is in a different class to the others. I think he may already have won the tour trophy anyway! Of course it is nice for the others to get a win but it loses the impact somewhat if they only win if someone has a fall! Rather surprised Beth won over Hayley and a shame for Kyran if he was top of the leaderboard and had a perfect score too!
  • Mela80Mela80 Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know what scores Ray got.

Kyran seems to be getting better each show.

I go in 13 days, so excited

Ray got 8.5, 8.5 and 8 (25)
    Only Joe was less than him.
    It was a shock! I've never seen Ray fall before. Poor thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Question for those who have seen the show...what merchandise was there?
    :-)
    Forum Member
    They had about 4 different tshirts, two different polo shirts, a programme, a phone case, 2 different mugs and I think that was all.

I got a purple tshirt with dates on it, a programme and a mug on Friday which came to £40 in total. Then last night I just couldnt seem to walk by the merch without buying more. I got another programme (which I got signed by Jayne, Chris, Beth and Brianne outside) and a poloshirt which in total cost £35. It is a lot of money for the stuff but I've bought stuff at every DOI tour (plus other tours) and I wear it all the time so it is worth it for me :)

Heres the leaderboard from last night, I didnt realise until this morning when I was looking through my photos that I took this http://t.co/tNf3NSL6U9

And heres a photo of Gareth singing and skating at the same time :) He was awesome!
    http://t.co/r662QEtWo8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I think at the tour I'll probably get a programme and hopefully I'll be able to get someone to sign it after the show! Where do you normally go to meet the celebrities afterwards? Is it just outside the arena or somewhere else? (I guess all arenas will be different though...)

Thank you FoolishFearless for posting that picture on Twitter, it's nice to see what kind of scores they're all getting. It's nice to see Kyran get 30 because his routines seem really good and some of the lifts he does are great (I've been watching some of the YouTube videos that have been posted).

Also, although Ray's a great skater and definitely deserves to always be at the top, it's nice to see that he wasn't for a change. It actually makes the show much more exciting and unpredictable, and other people are given a chance to win. It's fantastic that Beth one a show!
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think at the tour I'll probably get a programme and hopefully I'll be able to get someone to sign it after the show! Where do you normally go to meet the celebrities afterwards? Is it just outside the arena or somewhere else? (I guess all arenas will be different though...)

Thank you FoolishFearless for posting that picture on Twitter, it's nice to see what kind of scores they're all getting. It's nice to see Kyran get 30 because his routines seem really good and some of the lifts he does are great (I've been watching some of the YouTube videos that have been posted).

Also, although Ray's a great skater and definitely deserves to always be at the top, it's nice to see that he wasn't for a change. It actually makes the show much more exciting and unpredictable, and other people are given a chance to win. It's fantastic that Beth one a show!

Which venue are you going to?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    Which venue are you going to?

Leeds First Direct Arena :)

I know there haven't been tours there before but I'm going on the 27th so maybe those going on the 26th will be able to tell me. I can't wait because I've never been to a tour before and it sounds like it's going to be amazing!
    Forum Member
    Theres a video of Rays fall on youtube. I saw it earlier on. If you search Ray Quinn dancing on ice Glasgow it should come up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going on the 27th to Leeds too.

I'd be over the moon to get some signs especially Bonnie
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the looks of things, this afternoon Kyran got 9.5-10.0-10.0
    Forum Member
    They had about 4 different tshirts, two different polo shirts, a programme, a phone case, 2 different mugs and I think that was all.

I got a purple tshirt with dates on it, a programme and a mug on Friday which came to £40 in total. Then last night I just couldnt seem to walk by the merch without buying more. I got another programme (which I got signed by Jayne, Chris, Beth and Brianne outside) and a poloshirt which in total cost £35. It is a lot of money for the stuff but I've bought stuff at every DOI tour (plus other tours) and I wear it all the time so it is worth it for me :)

Heres the leaderboard from last night, I didnt realise until this morning when I was looking through my photos that I took this http://t.co/tNf3NSL6U9

And heres a photo of Gareth singing and skating at the same time :) He was awesome!
    http://t.co/r662QEtWo8

Thanks :-) Polo shirts sounds good! Does it have the doi logo on it or tour dates too?

I'm going Saturday to Birmingham!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by Twitter, Hayley + Dan won tonight
    Forum Member
    The polo shirt has a little star on the front plus it says DOI Final tour on the back. It feels more like a football top than a polo shirt but its ideal for me :)
    Forum Member
    The polo shirt has a little star on the front plus it says DOI Final tour on the back. It feels more like a football top than a polo shirt but its ideal for me :)

Ace! Thanks :-)

Can't wait to go...4 more days!
  • cmsjs1cmsjs1 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Went to the show last night, and what a show it was.

Disappointed with the winner, as I wanted it to be Ray, but Hayley did get the best reception from the crowd.

Here are the scores (Robin, Karen, Nicky)

Kieran 9.5, 10, 10
    Suzanne 9, 9.5, 9
    Beth 9, 9, 8.5
    Joe 7, 7.5, 6
    Bonnie 8.5, 8.5, 8
    Gareth 9, 9, 8.5
    Hayley 9.5, 9.5, 8.5
    Ray 9.5, 9.5, 9.5 - one slight hesitation due to something on the ice, otherwise perfect :):):)

Nicky's scores got a lot of boos.

The judges made comments about the skaters having to get use to the different size ice rink and this effecting their performances. I believe that Glasgow was smaller and square.

Last 3 were: Kieran (3rd), Ray (2nd) and Hayley (Winner)

All the professional routines were fabulous particularly Robin and Andy, and Alex and Lukasz, and of course seeing Torvill and Dean perform their dances were superb, and Bolero live was magical (seen it lots of time on TV).

Had a great night so glad I went. Anyone going to the tour is in for a great time - enjoy !!
    Forum Member
    Found photos of the judges desk with scores from Sunday evening in Glasgow. I put the celebs name on it so its easy to see whos scores are whos since I see some of you guys like the details :)

http://t.co/NOzffX8il0
    http://t.co/aJZTfYEvkT
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Amazing show in Sheffield last night! Ray won again after scoring a perfect 30 from the judges (Beth was 2nd and Kyran 3rd), which was well deserved. Nicky got a lot of grief for nit picking from the celebs and pro skaters after he almost went flat on his face when coming off the ice during the judges' entrance! Later on he stated that people shouldn't answer a judge back as he will be scoring them again tomorrow.... bitter much? He got booed a LOT though! :D

All the performances were great really, Joe was absolutely hilarious in the second half and his routine certainly adds a new dimension to the show! Gareth Gates stood out as being far better than I'd expected. All the pro numbers were incredible as you'd expect, particularly 'Bring Me To Life' with the angel wings which was mesmerising. And of course, the Bolero was an incredible moment which got a standing ovation from just about the entire arena full of people, which was amazing to witness.

I did hang back after the show for about 40 minutes to try and get some autographs but compared to last year when most of the cast came out pretty quickly, there weren't many people about at all, and I got the impression that those who did appear shouldn't have. Anybody know if there's a story behind that or am I reading too much into things? Matt Evers came out first and was signing and posing for photos for quite a while, then Joe and Ray came out and all three signed loads of stuff. Despite people often saying Ray is up himself he seemed really nice and was keen to sign as many autographs as he could which impressed me a lot! Nicky also came out for a while although not many people seemed overly bothered, and somebody shouted Beth and got her to come over, but she only signed 1 or 2 things before running back to the bus. I did think she looked a bit unwell during the show so that may have been why, although she skated brilliantly as usual!

Overall it was a brilliant night out - oh and the T shirts with gold logos on are mega! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever is going to Leeds first direct arena, can you PLEASE post where the cast etc will be signing and having pics. I will be so grateful if you do as I'd really like to meet some
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to going to the show in Birmingham on Saturday - I have been good & resisted watching any vids online so it will be a nice surprise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparantly another win for Hayley tonight :)