Options

Quick update Ref EPG Update

Comments

• Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,984
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Hasnt it been nearly a month since they started on the DRX890/895 boxes?

Not quite sure the point you are making in response to my post which you quote but that related to the Samsung HDSKY box. The Samsung is not a DRX890/895 box. I haven't heard of anyone else having previously had the upgrade on a Samsung or seen reference to firmware version R009.066.82.00P before.
  • Options
    KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an Amstrad DRX890 but no update as yet, anybody know when it should be expected?
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    KMX wrote: »
    I have an Amstrad DRX890 but no update as yet, anybody know when it should be expected?

Within 12 months
  • Options
    doug35doug35 Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Radiomike wrote: »
    Not quite sure the point you are making in response to my post which you quote but that related to the Samsung HDSKY box. The Samsung is not a DRX890/895 box. I haven't heard of anyone else having previously had the upgrade on a Samsung or seen reference to firmware version R009.066.82.00P before.

My Samsung got the epg update this morning also now running the R009.066.82.00p software. version 973005
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I presume he quoted you, as the original roll out stated 890/895 within a few weeks, Samsung & Pace within the next few months, thus implying that as it's been a month, those boxes have started updating, thus your box got the update.
  • Options
    jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've got an 895 1tb box and still no update
  • Options
    blueplatinumblueplatinum Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have three DRX890's on multi-screen. One updated a week ago and one last night. I would imagine the other one will be updated soon.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do not think you will find anyone here that can give you an answer to that one, be patient it will come eventually, I am sure, there are a great number of boxes and the update them in batches depending how confident Sky are to the stability of the download, if it appears OK then I think they will increase download batch numbers accordingly
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

32nd Julember 2142
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Im sure that the Samsung boxes were supposed to start updates, along with DRX780 and Pace boxes, about a month after the DRX890/895 started.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    The Sky EPG info page has been updated for samsung boxes to say firmware update has commenced (Can't get it via forced yet obviously)

http://www.skyepginfo.co.uk/skyhd/skyplushd.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Im sure that the Samsung boxes were supposed to start updates, along with DRX780 and Pace boxes, about a month after the DRX890/895 started.

This what the Sky website advised in their notification of 18/03/2014 (still there)

When will my Sky+HD box be updated?

We'll be updating all compatible Sky+HD boxes in batches over the next few months. So you might see the new Homepage on your TV before or after your friends. So once you check your model number, you'll be able to find when to expect your update below.

Amstrad DRX890

4F31

Soon: over the next few weeks

Amstrad DRX890W

4F31

Amstrad DRX895

4F31

Amstrad DRX895W

4F31

Amstrad DRX780

4F30

Over the next few months

Pace HD

9F30

Over the next few months

Samsung HD

Over the next few months

Thomson HD

4E30

Incompatible: will not be updated
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This what the Sky website advised in their notification of 18/03/2014 (still there)

We'll be updating all compatible Sky+HD boxes in batches over the next few months. So you might see the new Homepage on your TV before or after your friends. So once you check your model number, you'll be able to find when to expect your update below.

Amstrad DRX890

4F31

Amstrad DRX890W

4F31

Amstrad DRX895

4F31

Amstrad DRX895W

4F31

Amstrad DRX780

4F30

Over the next few months

Pace HD

9F30

Over the next few months

Samsung HD

Over the next few months

Thomson HD

4E30

Ah ok so an indefinable time scale that couldve been any time, I guess that Sky decided that now is the time to start the Samsung updates?
  • Options
    uk1uk1 Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    My box has been updated but it's now two RC ikeysrokes to get to TV guide rather than the prefious one keystroke. Seems small but irritating. I want to go straight to TV guide. Is this nwo impossible?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    uk1 wrote: »
    My box has been updated but it's now two RC ikeysrokes to get to TV guide rather than the prefious one keystroke. Seems small but irritating. I want to go straight to TV guide. Is this nwo impossible?

No.

If you are watching a channel just press "back up" once and it takes you straight to the TV Guide highlighting the channel and programme you are currently watching.
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member

Amstrad DRX890

4F31

Amstrad DRX890W

4F31

Amstrad DRX895

4F31

Amstrad DRX895W

4F31

Amstrad DRX780

4F30

Over the next few months

Pace HD

9F30

Over the next few months

Samsung HD

Over the next few months

Thomson HD

4E30

It said a few weeks, a few weeks ago.

Why do Sky lie to their customers?
    Is an accurate timetable an impossibility?

Apparently this is a big step and an annoying one to its customers
    we will of course get used to it but as sky doesn't care nor listen to customers never mind feedback I'm not shocked!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    It said a few weeks, a few weeks ago.

Why do Sky lie to their customers?
    Is an accurate timetable an impossibility?

Apparently this is a big step and an annoying one to its customers
    we will of course get used to it but as sky doesn't care nor listen to customers never mind feedback I'm not shocked!!!

dummy well and truly spat out the pram there!
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    dummy well and truly spat out the pram there!

Bully
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Bully

i aim to please.
  • Options
    dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 9,180
    Forum Member
    uk1 wrote: »

Ours was updated today, Don't like it:confused: after eventually getting to TV guide it takes 5 clicks!!!!! to get back to what I was watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dollymix53 wrote: »
    Ours was updated today, Don't like it:confused: after eventually getting to TV guide it takes 5 clicks!!!!! to get back to what I was watching.

or you could press the sky button and with 1 press you are back to what you were watching.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dollymix53 wrote: »

Press the big SKY button, that has always returned you to the live channel you are on.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Mine updated at 2:10. Always does it when i'm watching something!
    Don't see why it can't be scheduled or a on screen message asking if you want to start the upgrade now or postpone it for 1h, 2h, 3h etc.

It's a bit different isn't it. I guess it'll take a day or two to get used to the new format/style.
  • Options
    pward1965pward1965 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Mine updated at 2:10.

Was that 2:10 am or 2:10 pm?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    My pace was updated to day as well was not expecting it to be so soon